• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Square Enix Party 2005: E3 owned

Jonnyram

Japan residents can trot on down to Makuhari Messe on 30-31 July and PLAY the following:
Final Fantasy XII
Kingdom Hearts II
Code Age Commanders
Slime Mori Mori Dragon Quest 2
Dirge of Cerberus
Musashiden II
Fullmetal Alchemist 3
Grandia III
Heavy Metal Thunder
Final Fantasy XI
Everquest II
Front Mission Online
+ mobile contents

There will also be a trailer for Advent Children in the theater zone.
Oh, and it's free to enter for everyone.
EDIT: it's invite-only though (apparently) - details to come soon.

http://www.square-enix.co.jp/party05/

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Eh, we get the better version of DQ8 at least.

PS: Is Slime Mori 2 on DS?

Jonnyram

Brandon F said:
Eh, we get the better version of DQ8 at least.
True, but I think this is their idea of localisation and wanting to sell the game well in America, rather than just "improvement" ;) The game sells fine in Japan without voice-acting.

PS: Is Slime Mori 2 on DS?
Yes! I can't wait... the latest screens have looked awesome. Lots of action going on.

Brandon F

Jonnyram said:
True, but I think this is their idea of localisation and wanting to sell the game well in America, rather than just "improvement" ;) The game sells fine in Japan without voice-acting.

No doubt, but at least something will come out of Square resting on its laurels for the past year.

Jonnyram said:
Yes! I can't wait... the latest screens have looked awesome. Lots of action going on.

Link?

Bebpo

Banned
Wait, they dropped the invite only part? Are you 100% sure?

If so then woohoo!, I'm gonna be in Tokyo for that weekend :D

jett

D-Member
I am SO interested in reading FF12 impressions...I wonder if they totally changed the game or what. :p

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
CVXFREAK said:
Yay! Added to my Japan agenda. This is Tokyo right?
If it's Makuhari Messe, it's in Chiba Prefecture. From Tokyo station it's about a 30 minute train ride (I think) on the Keiyo line to Kaihin Makuhari station.

duckroll

This is all very exciting until reality sinks in and you realize:

- Japanese FFXII E3 2k4 demo
- KHII E3 2k5 demo
- Code Age Commanders is as crappy as .hack
- Slime Morimori 2 is a DS game
- Dirge of Cerberus is slightly worse than Gungrave
- FMA3 is about as good as FMA2, which isn't saying much
- DON'T STOP TATAKAI! I BELIEVE IN HEAVY METAL THUNDER!!
- FFXI is several years old
- Everquest II is americrap
- Front Mission Online runs at 5fps and is filled with bugs
- Musashi Mobile sucks as bad as Musashi 2
- Grandia 3 is the GAME OF THE SHOW because it's FUCKING HOT!

I can't wait for the tears, screams and suicides that result from this "party", which is no doubt going to end with Square Enix gassing everyone to death. :lol

Brandon F

duckroll said:

- KHII E3 2k5 demo
- Code Age Commanders is as crappy as .hack
- Slime Morimori 2 is a DS game
- Dirge of Cerberus is slightly worse than Gungrave
- FMA3 is about as good as FMA2, which isn't saying much
- Grandia 3 is a repackaged Grandia Xtreme with better graphics
- Heavy Metal Thunder is retarded
- FFXI is several years old
- Everquest II is americrap
- Front Mission Online runs at 5fps and is filled with bugs
- Musashi Mobile is the game of the show and it's a fucking mobile game

Haha, I believe this news.

Except the part about Grandia 3, that's not funny!

Bebpo

Banned
duckroll said:
...which is no doubt going to end with Square Enix gassing everyone to death. :lol

Shit, that is a pretty big hanger like place. Would be pretty easy to gas everyone and hard to escape...hmm you may be right ;_;

Bebpo

Banned
duckroll said:
Ok I'm sorry I'll take that back! I want it to be good too! >_<

Heh, I'm sure G3 will be good but the gameplay trailers running at stores in Japan are lacking the umphh of the scans when the game first appeared. Instead of looking like some beautiful colorful 3d world that looks like a painting...in reality it's looking pretty much like every other medium-high budget rpg and the battle system looks near-identical visually to Xtreme except realistic sizes and some better texture work. Not a bad thing as GX had an awesome battle system and so should G3, but I have no expectations for the game outside of battles. It should be better than GX, but if it'll be better than G2 (which was pretty mediocre outside of battle)...I'm not a believer yet.

Rahul

take that shit back about Heavy Metal Thunder, duck! it's the best thing to come out of Square since Bakusou, Yankee Tamashii! Which was awesome!

LET'S HEAVY METAL THUNDER

duckroll

Bebpo said:
Heh, I'm sure G3 will be good but the gameplay trailers running at stores in Japan are lacking the umphh of the scans when the game first appeared. Instead of looking like some beautiful colorful 3d world that looks like a painting...in reality it's looking pretty much like every other medium-high budget rpg and the battle system looks near-identical visually to Xtreme except realistic sizes and some better texture work. Not a bad thing as GX had an awesome battle system and so should G3, but I have no expectations for the game outside of battles. It should be better than GX, but if it'll be better than G2 (which was pretty mediocre outside of battle)...I'm not a believer yet.

Grandia 3 has to be better than Grandia 2, if it isn't then Game Arts can fuck off for all eternity. :(

Rahul said:
take that shit back about Heavy Metal Thunder, duck! it's the best thing to come out of Square since Bakusou, Yankee Tamashii! Which was awesome!

LET'S HEAVY METAL THUNDER

Fixed. ^^;

duckroll said:
Grandia 3 has to be better than Grandia 2, if it isn't then Game Arts can fuck off for all eternity. :(

Fixed. ^^;

Well the characters designs are already a huge improvement over G2's. So that's a step forward.

Troidal

duckroll said:

- KHII E3 2k5 demo

I believe in these news.

Slime Mori Mori 2 on the DS is interesting.
You can use the stylus to stretch the slime and "flicker" the thing to hit enemies or something like that.

Last time I checked, the event is invite only. Unless that has changed.

sangreal

Why the hell is EQ2 there? Are they publishing it in Japan or something?

Seems weird, since it competes directly with FFXI

Scott

sangreal said:
Why the hell is EQ2 there? Are they publishing it in Japan or something?
http://www.playonline.com/eq2/

It's a publishing deal formed with Sony Online Entertainment, where SOE handles all of the support tasks for Final Fantasy XI in the US (Game Masters, customer service, etc), and in return, Square Enix does pretty much everything for EverQuest II in Japan (publishing, beta tests, retooling character models, and so on).

Jonnyram

Scott said:
It's a publishing deal formed with Sony Online Entertainment, where SOE handles all of the support tasks for Final Fantasy XI in the US (Game Masters, customer service, etc)
No wonder there are so many retarded GMs in FFXI recently!

this is awesome, I can't wait for so many of those games. I am missing Square right now! :(

Final Fantasy XII is going to be amazing I know it. :D

duckroll

Doom_Bringer said:
this is awesome, I can't wait for so many of those games. I am missing Square right now! :(

Final Fantasy XII is going to be amazing I know it. :D

believe1xj.jpg

J2 Cool

:lol They basically were like

"The americans want a FFXII demo at E3. All their magazines and websites say to expect to see it playable."
"Fack dem."

ronito

I don't get the list. All I see is:

blah
blah
blah
Kingdom Hearts 2
blah
blah
blah
GRANDIA 3!!!
blah
Cheap FFVII knock off
blah
Duke Nukem Forever.

Bebpo

Banned
I'm going if you can explain how to get tickets from Pia? I've only dealt with ticket buying from the Lawsons machines so I have no clue about getting a ticket here.

Jonnyram

Make an account on Pia first.
I've only used Pia once before, and I ordered online, then went to my local Family Mart to print out the confirmation, pay at the register and get my ticket. Might be the same here.

Bebpo

Banned
hmm...ok, I'll take a look at registering. Thanks. I don't really understand why they have to make everything so complicated in Japan :\

Agent Dormer

Dirty Drinking Smoker
Can't wait to see how much they've changed the battle system. What I heard from the Square reps at E3 scared me. Stuff relating to working really hard on making the game the best it could be for the fans.

Bebpo

Banned
Agent Dormer said:
Can't wait to see how much they've changed the battle system. What I heard from the Square reps at E3 scared me. Stuff relating to working really hard on making the game the best it could be for the fans.

Wait...isn't that a good thing? Games that are very fan-oriented like the Shadow Hearts series usually turn out universally loved and really good. If they're working as hard as they can to make it the best it can be that sounds great IMO.

Top Bottom