• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Square-Enix software sales April - September 2005

ziran

The Magic Box Sunday Nov 20th 05.
Square-Enix revealed software sales for the first half of the 2005/6 fiscal year (April - September 2005).

JAPAN
- Romancing Saga: Minstrel Song (Apr 05) - 450,000 units
- Hanjuku Eiyuu IV: 7-Jin no Janjuku Eiyuu (May 05) - 90,000 units
- Drag-on Dragoon 2 (Jun 05) - 210,000 units
- Musashiden II: Blade Master (Jul 05) - 100,000 units
- Full Metal Alchemist 3: Kami o Tsugu Shoujo (Jul 05) - 80,000 units
- Grandia III (Aug 05) - 250,000 units

NORTH AMERICA
- Full Metal Alchemist 2: Curse of the Crimson Elixir (Jul 05) - 70,000 units
- Radiata Stories (Sep 05) - 120,000 units

EUROPE
- Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories (May 05) - 200,000 units
- Others - 48,000 units

TOTAL SALES - 2,760,000 units (610,000 units less than the same period of last year)

PDF
Square-Enix also reported strong sales for the Final Fantasy Advent Children DVD.

Error2k4 said:
I hope DQVIII sells well here, the game deserve it.

It deserves it.

But sadly it's kind of hard for the typical RPG fans taste.

No thanks to Final Fantasy crap for that.

A few people I know have played it and most of them can't pass the first boss, gave up and went back to their "Let's Play Dress Up" X-2.

ronito

C- Warrior said:
It deserves it.

A few people I know have played it and most of them can't pass the first boss, gave up and went back to their "Let's Play Dress Up" X-2.
you are a bitter bitter person.

jett

D-Member
C- Warrior said:
It deserves it.

Huh, DQ8 is pretty easy. Those people must be teh weaksauce.

MoxManiac

Yeah, it's definitely one of the easiest DQs. I did die on that first boss though, but that was because I made a beeline straight for him when I first started the game without any kind of preperation.

Pellham

Banned
The dude was saying that DQ8 despite being the most accessible DQ game for westerners, still is not appealing to casual gamers (not RPG fans). You know, its mostly casual gamers who bought FF7 and FFX-2 to begin with (gamers who see the final fantasy games as "anime games").

CO_Andy

Pellham said:
You know, its mostly casual gamers who bought FF7 and FFX-2 to begin with (gamers who see the final fantasy games as "anime games").
They should rename the series Dragon Ball.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
C- Warrior said:
It deserves it.

game is hard at the beginning where the game forces the player to level up quite a bit after that game is very easy I dunno what you are talking about.

They should rename the series Dragon Ball.
*loads shotgun*

donny2112

For anyone curious about the Advent Children quote (I was) ...

Square-Enix_report said:
A. Six-month period (April 1, 2005 – September 30, 2005)
(a) While the Games (Offline) segment has been facing a difficult market condition, the
Company achieved favorable results from all other segments including Games (Online),
Mobile Phone Content, Publication, and Others. This, in turn, resulted in an increase in
recurring profit from the previous forecast. In particular, the CG film, “FINAL
FANTASY VII ADVENT CHILDREN,” (available on DVD and UMD) which was invited
to the screening at the Venice International Film Festival for two years in a row earning
great reception, has been recording strong sales since its release in September 2005 in
Japan.

ziran

i hope dq8 does well outside japan, it deserves to, but like many have said, it's a pretty hardcore rpg.

Top Bottom