• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SSMS: Every single person at Santa Monica Studio is working to create a game that we're proud of,one that we hope you will enjoy playing once released

Rykan

I don't think they look like anime characters or pepe the frog in real life

Maybe i'm wrong though
I figured it would be pretty obvious when I say you can make a reasonable assumption regarding someone's age on a profile picture, I was talking about the people that actually use their picture as their profile picture.

I figured it would be pretty obvious when I say you can make a reasonable assumption regarding someone's age on a profile picture, I was talking about the people that actually use their picture as their profile picture.

I know. And i'm saying the people who go on twitter with malicious intent aren't going to use a picture of themselves as their profile pic (obviously), so your point is moot.

Last edited:

Rykan

I know. And i'm saying the people who go on twitter with malicious intent aren't going to use a picture of themselves as their profile pic (obviously), so your point is moot.
Okay so let me get this straight: the people harassing video game developers with actual profile pictures are actually secretly kids who are using profile pictures of people older than them, even though the average age of twitter users is statistically around 39 years old and the age group of 13 - 17 years old only makes up around 6% of all twitter users? Does that about sums it up?

Last edited:
Does that about sums it up?

You struggling to read? I already summed it up for you. Here i'll do it again.

You can't accurately guess the age of the people harrassing devs on twitter using their profile pics because those people don't use pictures of themselves.

Yes cunts on the internet take advantage of anonymity to be cunts on the internet. Shocking i know

Last edited:

Rykan

You struggling to read? I already summed it up for you. Here i'll do it again.

You can't accurately guess the age of the people harrassing devs on twitter using their profile pics because those people don't use pictures of themselves.

Yes cunts on the internet take advantage of anonymity to be cunts on the internet. Shocking i know
Oh yea ofcourse. They're all just people with stolen pictures on twitter which means that it's totally reasonable to assume that they are secretly twelve years old. Because that makes sense.

Oh yea ofcourse. They're all just people with stolen pictures on twitter which means that it's totally reasonable to assume that they are secretly twelve years old. Because that makes sense.

I'm not saying they're using these 27 year old fake pics. That's just the narrative you're running with. No one is using these pics

Last edited:

Rykan

I'm not saying they're using these 27 year old fake pics. That's just the narrative you're running with. No one is using these pics
Then what the fuck are you even talking about? What do you mean "No one is using these pics"? What pics? I've seen the twitter threads and the responses. A lot of of the shitty responses came from completely normal looking people with completely normal looking profile pictures, most of them adults. Twitter in general is populated almost entirely by adults, it's not exactly tiktok.

Then what the fuck are you even talking about? What do you mean "No one is using these pics"? What pics? I've seen the twitter threads and the responses. A lot of of the shitty responses came from completely normal looking people with completely normal looking profile pictures, most of them adults. Twitter in general is populated almost entirely by adults, it's not exactly tiktok.

That you're full of shit and making stuff up. The one's harrassing devs or sending dick pics aren't using pics of themselves

Last edited:
I'm sorry but this is a stupid point you're trying to make here. If I show you a picture of a 27 year old, in most cases you should be able to guess that this person is an adult just by looking at it. Even if you can't guess the exact age it's pretty obvious that he's not twelve.

I asked how you can tell a person's age by looking at only their Twitter handle. So you aren't seeing a picture of them. People harassing people online obviously aren't displaying pictures of themselves. Because that would be obviously dumb. Common sense should tell you this.

The point is you're claiming knowledge about a whole group of people that you simply don't have. Concede the point because your argument is untenable.

Well yes, but in the vast majority of cases there are other factors at play as well. There needs to be a trigger for that behavior.

I disagree. There is no trigger needed. The internet itself is the trigger.

Last edited:

Rykan

That you're full of shit and making stuff up. The one's harrassing devs or sending dick pics aren't using pics of themselves
Acting like a complete douche on social media has been normalized for years now. There's lots of people acting like complete idiots not just on twitter but also on Youtube, TikTok, Facebook. There's no need to be anonymous anymore.
I asked how you can tell a person's age by looking at only their Twitter handle. So you aren't seeing a picture of them.
Why are you even having this discussion with me when you don't even have the faintest idea of of what you're talking about? The profile picture of the handler is next to every single message/tweet send. How are you going to lecture me who is or isn't using twitter without even knowing how twitter works?
People harassing people online obviously aren't displaying pictures of themselves. Because that would be obviously dumb. Common sense should tell you this.

The point is you're claiming knowledge about a whole group of people that you simply don't have. Concede the point because your argument is untenable.
Because I haven't been presented with any evidence that all these people are using fake profile pictures. I'm not saying that isn't happening, But most of the profile's I've visited were from relatively long standing members with a lot of tweets about all kinds of topics. I have no reason to assume that all, or even a significant amount, are fake. The reason I've brought up the point in the first place is counter your initial claim that they are twelve years olds. Your insistence that I don't know the exact age of these people or the possibility that they could be using fake profile pictures doesn't change anything about the fact that, statistically speaking, they are more likely to be adults than not.

Acting like a complete douche on social media has been normalized for years now. There's lots of people acting like complete idiots not just on twitter but also on Youtube, TikTok, Facebook. There's no need to be anonymous anymore.

By all means lets see these cunts throwing death threats, verbal abuse or whatever at devs that aren't hiding behind anonymity.

Last edited:

Rykan

I understand that's a convenient take for you. Yeah.

Twitter and moderation. Fucking lol
What's convenient is asking for abusive/threatening messages that were posted well over a week ago, knowing full well that your opponent has no way to retrieve those messages. These messages get posted in large threads with lots of traffic. That means they get reported a lot, so they fly up in the priority list.

What's convenient is asking for abusive/threatening messages that were posted well over a week ago, knowing full well that your opponent has no way to retrieve those messages. These messages get posted in large threads with lots of traffic. That means they get reported a lot, so they fly up in the priority list.

Don't worry just send me the next ones you see. Shouldn't be difficult since apparently anonymity is pointless now and you can say whatever you want without repercussions

Last edited:

Hobbygaming

has been asked to post in 'Grounded' mode.
Deflection, something isn't going well. Be it last Gen optimization, manufacturing issues with the CE or what ever. If they were confident about a date we would know it by now.

2Chc6Jc.jpg

Season 2 Reaction GIF by Insecure on HBO

Rykan

How convenient for your silly contrived argument, eh?

:messenger_winking:
" Oh yeah!? Well lets see those tweets then!"
"This happened well over a week ago, those tweets have long been deleted"
"Oh! Oh REALLY. Well how very convenient huh huh? :messenger_winking:"

This isn't the "Win" that you think it is. I'm surprised you've even made the effort to put another reply on this topic, especially after making the ridiculous claim that this was actually about 12 year olds and later followed up with this gem:
I asked how you can tell a person's age by looking at only their Twitter handle. So you aren't seeing a picture of them.
Which basically confirms that you don't even know how the platform works you're trying to have an "opinion" on. Stick to spreading smiley faces to other peoples post, mate. That seems to be more on your level.

Last edited:

Lady Jane

Banned
Oh when I got dick picks, I laughed and moved on. Never knew I can act like it affected me emotionally and I could win over sympathy points. I wonder what tweet Santa Monica has in the chamber when they announce their delay?

Oh when I got dick picks, I laughed and moved on. Never knew I can act like it affected me emotionally and I could win over sympathy points. I wonder what tweet Santa Monica has in the chamber when they announce their delay?
Was this post delayed from last month or something?
You do know the release date is out, right? Or are you still in denial and expect the game to be delayed closer to release?

Lady Jane

Banned
Was this post delayed from last month or something?
You do know the release date is out, right? Or are you still in denial and expect the game to be delayed closer to release?

I don't care about that silly bet thread that this entire forum either has their chins up high or their heads in the sand on. Both takes are cringy. I was talking more in general of negative news itself, not just a delay. These sympathy tweets are like clockwork at this point, it's tiresome.

Top Bottom