• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Stalker 2 development has been put on hold

Draugoth

Gold Member

The development of Stalker 2 has been put on hold as its development studio deals with the ongoing Russian invasion of its home country, Ukraine. In a new video posted on its official YouTube channel (seen embedded above), developer GSC Game World explains how the war has affected its employees and their families.
The previous week, we were editing the video about our motion capture studio mWe wanted to show how the cutscenes were created. Took time to watch videos, write scripts and speak with actors. The previous week was ages ago.”

Louay

The development of Stalker 2 has been put on hold as its development studio deals with the ongoing Russian invasion of its home country, Ukraine. In a new video posted on its official YouTube channel (seen embedded above), developer GSC Game World explains how the war has affected its employees and their families.
cancelled until fire/war stop and the team get on their feet again.

The Russian Military is threatening to make STALKER 2 into a real world experience.

Go get em хлопцы. Слава Украине.

Last edited:

EDMIX

Damn that sucks to hear.

I hope they are all safe and can relocate to continue work safely. Was always going to buy Stalker as a fan of the series and stalking women in general, but will buy day 1 to show support.

TheMan

Just found out about this yesterday. Totally understandable, but yeah I’m disappointed. Good luck to all of them

Krappadizzle

Gold Member
giphy.gif

Huge bummer, but no reason to have any unecessary risk of life for a video game. It is what it is. Hope they all stay safe and find a way to salvage their livelihood. Good luck GSC, we've waited this long, we can wait longer. S.T.A.L.K.E.R Anomaly Mod is more than enough content to hold anyone over until GSC can release.

Jigsaah

Gold Member
Oh shit I didn't know they were from Ukraine. I hope they made it out. I thought after full mobilization happened any man between 18 and 60 were to stay and fight. Fuck man, I couldn't imagine being untrained, handed an AK and just gotta hope for the best. Stay safe guys n girls.

Oh shit I didn't know they were from Ukraine. I hope they made it out. I thought after full mobilization happened any man between 18 and 60 were to stay and fight. Fuck man, I couldn't imagine being untrained, handed an AK and just gotta hope for the best. Stay safe guys n girls.
I believe the team is split between Malta and Ukraine. I remember watching a Nick930 or Avalanche Reviews retrospective and they talked about it.

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
It was only a matter of time since men are forced to stay and join the army.

Hope everyone will be ok in the end. War sucks and the losers are always civilians.

is xbox going to take it off the store for mow?
Why would they? Its still under development even though its on halt.

Airbus Jr

Banned
Fuck putin man for messing everyone there

This game look promising

I hope all the best for the rest of them safety first

Last edited:

rkofan87

Gold Member
It was only a matter of time since men are forced to stay and join the army.

Hope everyone will be ok in the end. War sucks and the losers are always civilians.

Why would they? Its still under development even though its on halt.
well the big n took down aw boot camp.

anthony2690

Banned
Wonder if this could also effect atomic heart by mundfish (Russian Devs)

Looking forward to both games, will play them in 2023 hopefully :)

Hope the Devs off Stalker stay safe.

Dream-Knife

Banned
you can always complement with other tutorials

Unfortunately you can train marksmanship and work out a flinch with a youtube video.

I'd recommend anyone in that situation to dry fire constantly, but that won't help a flinch.

Still, you need actual training.

Last edited:

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
well the big n took down aw boot camp.
After Google translate I think I understood what you were typing.

Just because Nintendo did doesn't mean Microsoft would do the same.

Why did aw boot camp get removed? Same reason?

Last edited:

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
That's what I'm saying. If you get handed an AK and need to use it, and that video is your first introduction to using one, it's game over.

It's true, but shit man it's a fucking invasion .. they probably need as many able bodied people as they can get.

Dream-Knife

Banned
It's true, but shit man it's a fucking invasion .. they probably need as many able bodied people as they can get.
In the flip side, now their no longer civilians.

I do think this will change European or at least eastern European gun laws in the future. Maybe a system like Switzerland has. At the very least a CMP style organization, and possibility a wider acceptance of IPSC style competitions.

Ozriel

M$FT
In the flip side, now their no longer civilians.

I do think this will change European or at least eastern European gun laws in the future. Maybe a system like Switzerland has. At the very least a CMP style organization, and possibility a wider acceptance of IPSC style competitions.

More likely, more countries will have mandatory military service.

Top Bottom