• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Citizen and its current progress

Starfield

Really surprised that another studio hasn't jumped in to eat SC's lunch at this point.

I feel like you could pump out a similar game in 4 years and skip all the incredibly unnecessary tech creep that SC has hung its hat on.

Maybe this genre is just too niche for big publishers to give a shit about?
You COULD bring out a game like Star Citizen in 4 years, but not in the same scope and level of detail like Star Citizen. That's why you don't see anything like it. The closest resemble probably would be No Mans Sky where no mans sky is a comic book which you can buy for 1.50$ and Star Citizen is a Book series over 6 books with 1000 pages each.

Dr.Morris79

You COULD bring out a game like Star Citizen in 4 years, but not in the same scope and level of detail like Star Citizen. That's why you don't see anything like it. The closest resemble probably would be No Mans Sky where no mans sky is a comic book which you can buy for 1.50$ and Star Citizen is a Book series over 6 books with 1000 pages each.
In that case it'd be lovely to be able to read the first copy, before buying the rest.

In that case it'd be lovely to be able to read the first copy, before buying the rest.
They have free fly events all the time. I expect that to continue in some way even after launch.

Also, I don't follow enough to know if they've said anything about this so this is just IMO. But I imagine that the main game will be one of those games that soft launches when it reaches a certain state that the team, has deemed to be enough within their vision of playable and then just continues from there with updates. Kind of like how it seems ark is being handled but on a much, much, much, much, much, larger scale... It seems that is how they've created the game, where it can be continually updated with new content and even tech as time goes on even after launch. Don't know about squadron though.

Last edited:
Top Bottom