• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Fox developers celebrate the series’ 30th anniversary

BlackTron

Interested Season 10 GIF by Curb Your Enthusiasm

Bye Bye Peace GIF by Cappa Video Productions

Hahaha. This is my kind of necro thread.

Seriously though, if you saw her you wouldn't be saying k bye. Disney Princess grade 10 that brought up Star Fox 64. Too bad the coolest thing we did was talk about video games though LOL

You replied to my post from months ago to say that OOT and SF64 always had flaws?

What was the problem with the charged shot in SF64? Or Mega Man for that matter? Regardless, it doesn't change my point that Nintendo lost sight of what made Star Fox so likable, approachable and yes, easy to sell. You can try to pick apart small flaws but the basic template of the game was on-point and it had that strength. Every game since lost sight of that.

Sorry, necrobump threads really confuse things for me.

In Mega Man 4, the charge shot almost became a secondary weapon, as the game was not appropriately designed to account for it. (Other games like Mega Man X were a different story.)

TLZ

Banned
I wouldn't mind if they made new games keeping the spaceship pew pew, but also add planet exploration in the mould of Ratchet and Clank. That'd be cool.

BlackTron

Sorry, necrobump threads really confuse things for me.

In Mega Man 4, the charge shot almost became a secondary weapon, as the game was not appropriately designed to account for it. (Other games like Mega Man X were a different story.)

So you are saying that SF64 was not appropriately designed to account for the charged shot?

So you are saying that SF64 was not appropriately designed to account for the charged shot?

Sorry, should have been more specific. The lock-on charge shot. I totally get that you need to master it to hi-score/achieve certain goals to unlock alternate routes, but it was otherwise a bit of a cheese weapon. At least that's how I felt. * shrugs *

BlackTron

Sorry, should have been more specific. The lock-on charge shot. I totally get that you need to master it to hi-score/achieve certain goals to unlock alternate routes, but it was otherwise a bit of a cheese weapon. At least that's how I felt. * shrugs *
I didn't know this opinion was a thing but okay lol

Top Bottom