• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Trek Online: Agents of Yesterday expansion announced

Walshicus

So Star Trek Online has announced it's third full expansion introducing a new TOS era "faction". Presumably they'll handle the same as the post-DS9 factions we have at the moment where players run through Federation / Klingon / Romulan stories while levelling and eventually get to the same mission content at end-game. The game ended it's Iconian War plot with time travel becoming a regular occurrence, and this looks to tie in with that theme.

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/st...trek-online:-agents-of-yesterday-announcement

The 50th anniversary of Star Trek is here, and I couldn’t be more excited to announce our contribution to the celebration: Agents of Yesterday, the third full expansion to Star Trek Online!

Agents of Yesterday will allow players to create a new captain in Star Trek: The Original Series era and will set them on an adventure featuring classic story lines, locations, celebrities, and era-appropriate starships. In 2270, the year following the third season of the original series, the player will adventure with Walter Koenig, reprising his role of Chekov, and Chris Doohan, filling in for his father as Scotty. There is a new threat to the security of the Federation, and they are invading with hopes of overwhelming the past to destroy our future.

In addition to the ability to create a brand new Star Trek: The Original Series Starfleet captain, we will be introducing a new episode arc for players of every faction, the Temporal Initiative Resistance Reputation, a Temporal Operative Primary Specialization along with brand new Bridge Officer powers. Players who create their captains during the first six weeks of launch will also be able to participate in the new Temporal Agent Recruitment system for bonus personal and account-wide rewards, a new iteration of the popular Delta Recruitment system that released a year ago. This release is packed with content to keep you engaged in the classic Star Trek: The Original Series era - and beyond.

And for fun, an album of some of the new classic-design ships:
http://imgur.com/a/igCsq

EXCPcFi.jpg

IPyQAkT.jpg

7oZ6v0q.jpg

darksunpr

I was really thinking of playing this game again. I played at launch for a few months. How's everything now? The only thing I know is that its f2p.

Walshicus

I am super into Star Trek right now.

Is this game any good?

It's pretty fun and relatively generous in terms of it's F2P implementation. I'd recommend you try a Romulan character first if you want to get into it, as they generally have the best missions. We've got a fleet (GAFleet for Fed alliance, House of GAF for KDF alliance) that's pretty active and always willing to help too.

Walshicus

And a second question, how bad is it to be a F2P player?

You honestly don't need to buy anything to get that far. You get ships for free throughout the game, and even at later levels there are ships you can purchase from other players for relatively reasonable amounts of in-game currency.

As I say, as far as F2P goes it's very very generous.

Sephzilla

I should really get back into this at some point. I played it way back when it was still a pay to play and I had a good time. Playing with a small group of friends was a blast

hitoshi

You honestly don't need to buy anything to get that far. You get ships for free throughout the game, and even at later levels there are ships you can purchase from other players for relatively reasonable amounts of in-game currency.

As I say, as far as F2P goes it's very very generous.

Thank you!

Top Bottom