• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Trek: Picard S2 Premieres March 3, Star Trek: Strange New Worlds (Pike's show) Premieres May 5th

AJUMP23

It sucks so much that this will be their last review of this pathetic clusterfuck. I didn't bother with the show much but I watched all their reviews of it religiously, they're fucking hilarious.
I haven't watched Picard season 2.....but I do want to watch the RLM reviews.

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
Is that so strange after Discovery and Picard?

Maybe people are waiting for the entire season review and don't wanna start something that'll have turned sour by the end.

MULTIPLE people have seen it in this thread... And have liked it! There's this dude named Michael Myers Burnett who HATES nuTrek but has really liked Strange New Worlds.

Maybe see other opinions that line up with yours and see if it passes muster.

I'm guessing RLM isn't watching because there's nothing to complain about?

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
MULTIPLE people have seen it in this thread... And have liked it! There's this dude named Michael Myers Burnett who HATES nuTrek but has really liked Strange New Worlds.

Maybe see other opinions that line up with yours and see if it passes muster.

I'm guessing RLM isn't watching because there's nothing to complain about?
I think Picard broke them. They probably haven't even looked at it. They do talk about things they like as well.

Mattdaddy

Gold Member
Man I tried with Strange New Worlds, I was actually excited for it.

I got through the first episode then had to stop in the beginning of the second episode when they were at the dinner party or whatever. I thought it was just really bad.

The production values and effects were pretty awesome, I think the design team crushed it. I could see the series having some pretty badass space battles.

But the acting and the writing just felt so off to me. The guy playing Pike... I admit he 100% looks the part. But something about his acting and delivery... it just feels so wooden or something. It feels like you notice he's acting if that makes sense lol. Its not natural.

Then Spocks fine I guess... but every other character is like a badly acted caricature or something. I just hated all of them. The dialogue in that dinner scene was so bad I just had to pull eject.

I talked my wife into watching it with me and then had to eat crow. Now Im going owe her some Downton Abbey or something lol.

Edit - I do respect what they're trying to do with it. The episode felt like a TNG episode as far as the content and the direction, like I can tell they're trying to get back to old school feel which I like. It was just the writing and the characters and acting did not hit for me at all. Like so awkward it was pulling me out of the moment constantly.

Last edited:
I know I'm going to get shit for saying this but I'm a little bit surprised they actually have a show where there is a white dude actually taking charge and doing stuff in 2022 and we're talking about new NuTrek here.

Anyways, the cast is diverse but the characters seem pretty likeable. That's a good sign.

The dark-haired girl who went down to the planet kind of looks like Drummer from The Expanse.

Also, I'm generally not into blondes but the blonde woman was actually quite attractive.

Maybe they finally have a good Star Trek show on their hands now?

Edit: on a completely unrelated note, I really wish we can get a re-release of Star Trek: Deep Space 9 - The Fallen.

Last edited:

dr_octagon

Banned
How many shows can they make lol
Space Rush Hour: Seven and Janeway team up for this buddy cop comedy.

Doctor Whom?: Voyager's EMH isSherlock space Holmes.

Geordi and Spot: Chief Engineer and the cat go on holiday. Up clone with spaceships.

Reed Alert: Lt Reed's great grandson is on the run after being accused of space murder. Minority report clone with spaceships.

Captain America Avengers GIF

Last edited:

Melon Husk

90s had multiple Star Trek shows on because people couldn't get enough of Star Trek.

20s have multiple Star Trek shows on because... they keep failing and they keep making new ones until they find something that works?

I finished TNG this week. I've been binge watching it all year. Ronald D. Moore was the secret sauce these new shows are lacking.
... Why am I in this thread again? I haven't seen SNW episode 3. I just wandered in via browser history. I'll show myself out. I am moderately interested in Picard S3 after "All Good Things" just to see how the actors look now versus their old-age makeup.

Last edited:

ManaByte

There's this dude named Michael Myers Burnett who HATES nuTrek
If you want context, it’s because he was involved with Axanar. It was a Star Trek fan film that was telling basically the same story as DISCO S1 (which CBS sued to shut down) and that birthed a lot of the backlash over the series.

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
90s had multiple Star Trek shows on because people couldn't get enough of Star Trek.

20s have multiple Star Trek shows on because... they keep failing and they keep making new ones until they find something that works?

I finished TNG this week. I've been binge watching it all year. Ronald D. Moore was the secret sauce these new shows are lacking.
... Why am I in this thread again? I haven't seen SNW episode 3. I just wandered in via browser history. I'll show myself out. I am moderately interested in Picard S3 after "All Good Things" just to see how the actors look now versus their old-age makeup.

Levar Burton looks pretty much the same as in Nemesis.

Top Bottom