• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Trek Picard Season 3 |OT| The Next Generation's Fifth Movie

jason10mm

Gold Member
Yeah between this and Strange New Worlds I am pleasantly surprised. I really didn't like Discovery but I'm going to try to give that another chance.

I wish we could get some Deep Space Nine characters back. Deep Space Nine had some of the best characters in the entire series. I'd love to see what Julian Bashir, O'Brien, Kira, Dax and even an older Quark would be up to.

I would include Odo but unfortunately Rene Auberjonois passed away sometime back.
You need to watch Lower Decks season 3. One of the later eps (8 or 9, IIRC) takes place ON DS9 and have the Kira and Quark actors back! The intro to that episode ALONE is worth watching the entire LD show
"Make another pass, like we are admiring those pylons, another pass, keep going..." :p

You need to watch Lower Decks season 3. One of the later eps (8 or 9, IIRC) takes place ON DS9 and have the Kira and Quark actors back! The intro to that episode ALONE is worth watching the entire LD show
"Make another pass, like we are admiring those pylons, another pass, keep going..." :p
I've seen some clips of it and it looks terrible to me. I'm not really into that kind of humor.

I just felt like I watched the 10 hour big budget movie. The production values were insane in this. Everything from the sets to the space battles to the acting and music were all top notch.

I found season 3 of the Picard to be way better than anything produced by Disney for streaming. Mandalorian or whatever doesn't even come close to this feeling of a cinematic experience and a streaming series.

What an exciting and enthralling experience this was. What a hell of an ending to. Very well done. Disney should learn a thing or two from this.

I hope we get more like this.

Last edited:

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
Fair enough. I'll still recommend it though, it's pretty easy to take out of context but WOW it is a love letter to Trek, through and through.

Had to change my reaction after watching the latest episode of SNW and seeing your comment again. It was GREAT seeing SNW and LD crossing over!

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
I just felt like I watched the 10 hour big budget movie. The production values were insane in this. Everything from the sets to the space battles to the acting and music were all top notch.

I found season 3 of the Picard to be way better than anything produced by Disney for streaming. Mandalorian or whatever doesn't even come close to this feeling of a cinematic experience and a streaming series.

What an exciting and enthralling experience this was. What a hell of an ending to. Very well done. Disney should learn a thing or two from this.

I hope we get more like this.

I'm glad you enjoyed it! So many were gunshy because of the last 2 seasons and didn't give season 3 a chance at all. But I'm glad you took a chance on season 3 and enjoyed it!

I'm glad you enjoyed it! So many were gunshy because of the last 2 seasons and didn't give season 3 a chance at all. But I'm glad you took a chance on season 3 and enjoyed it!
I admit I haven't watched season 1 or 2 of the Picard. Everything I heard about it made it sound pretty bad. I just skipped right to season 3.

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
I admit I haven't watched season 1 or 2 of the Picard. Everything I heard about it made it sound pretty bad. I just skipped right to season 3.

I found things I liked about the first 2 seasons but they were NOTHING compared to Season 3. All you needed to know is that Picard died but his consciousness was uploaded into the golem that Soong's son created. Hence why everyone says he's "positronic"

Last edited:
Top Bottom