• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Episode VIII Production Thread (Principal Photography Complete)

MMarston

Was getting caught part of your plan?
Good Lord. Hair spoilers now? Unless she was secretly Dathomirian the whole time, what's the fuggin point?
I'm gonna guess Padawan braid? Or maybe she pulls some disguise shenanigans.

Nice video
giphy.gif

I'm only at Season 2.

oh you sweet innocent summer child

Obi Wan never had Luke have a Padawan braid (yeah, i know, it didn't exist back then), so why would Luke have Rey have one now?

Maybe something happens with her hair during the movie, cut off during a fight or something, and now she has a shorter hairstyle? If this is going to be the "Empire Strikes Back" of the new trilogy, i can absolutely see Kylo Ren or even Snoke dish out some serious damage to the good guys.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
I liked Reys hair in ep 7, hope they dont do too much to it

Sesuadra

Unconfirmed Member
Obi Wan never had Luke have a Padawan braid (yeah, i know, it didn't exist back then), so why would Luke have Rey have one now?

Maybe something happens with her hair during the movie, cut off during a fight or something, and now she has a shorter hairstyle? If this is going to be the "Empire Strikes Back" of the new trilogy, i can absolutely see Kylo Ren or even Snoke dish out some serious damage to the good guys.

that's why I don't expect it to return, but people here put the braid fear in me.
Or maybe she just made a joke and trolled us and she had her hair covered because she trained between shots and did not want it to get all messy.

GAMEPROFF

Banned

Its because Luke was Obi Wans Padawan for three days and Luke had decades to study the traditions of the Jedi.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Ok, then why didn't Yoda have him have a braid? That was like a week training. ;]

Luke was with Yoda for as long as six months. Remember that the Falcon didn't have a working hyperdrive when it was travelling to Bespin.

chaislip3

So what are we expecting to see at Celebration? A blowout for Rogue One similar to TFA last year, title reveal for VIII, and Rebels news? Maybe some info for the Han film?

So what are we expecting to see at Celebration? A blowout for Rogue One similar to TFA last year, title reveal for VIII, and Rebels news? Maybe some info for the Han film?

Something along those lines.

My guess:
- Full Rogue One trailer in the Rogue One panel
- Episode VIII gets its title reveal and maybe a small behind the scenes video

There's also a 'Future Filmmaker' panel with Lord and Miller attending, so I assume they'll talk a little about Han's film there. The Rebels panel will have show the Season 3 premiere of Rebels too.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
I think they will announce another "story" film, wouldnt surprise me if it was Obi wan.

I think they will announce another "story" film, wouldnt surprise me if it was Obi wan.

It'll be interesting to see if there's any news on the Boba Fett film Trank was working on, or whether they've scrapped that entirely and gone ahead with something else.

Hopefully an Obi-Wan film. Ewan's filming Trainspotting 2 in London at the moment.
C'mon Kathy

Pachimari

Do they have to choose a specific character for these Story films? Why not make one with a whole new conflict or chapter that doesn't have to do with any of these characters. Kind of like what Rogue One is doing.

Do they have to choose a specific character for these Story films? Why not make one with a whole new conflict or chapter that doesn't have to do with any of these characters. Kind of like what Rogue One is doing.

Nope, not at all. Hopefully they do experiment more with new characters and conflicts we haven't seen. It's just that after Rogue One they seem intent on focusing on specific characters, with the Han Solo film and Josh Trank apparently working on a Boba Fett film, before he left the project.

It's just that the idea of an Obi-Wan film is more interesting to me than most of the other character focused spin-off ideas that have been thrown about. Ewan's Obi-Wan was one of the high points of the prequel trilogy. I'd love to see him get another chance in the role.

Mr Cola

I feel like it would be a young Leia film next, but I would really love an Obi-Wan film, please.

This wouldnt surprise me, could be quite interesting aswell since she knows how to take care of herself, but id like to hear a good idea for it other than "Well Leia is a character". Same with Obi Wan, I dont want an Obi Wan film, I want a good film, im reticent to keep trying to fill in blanks in peoples timelines, id much prefer we branch out more and expand the universe.

Mr Cola

Star Wars needs longer term to gamble (as if its a gamble) with different stories in the same universe that are tired together by certain themes, the force, good evil, family. I hope someone goes and makes a trilogy of something going on the other side of the galaxy with a whole new host of characters.

I'd like to see a fictional "biopic" spinoff following the life of a new character from the Naboo Blockage all the way to the Battle of Starkiller. We would revisit the events of the three trilogies but from a different angle, that of a commoner or soldier or bounty hunter or whatever this new character is.

MMarston

Was getting caught part of your plan?
I'd like to see a fictional "biopic" spinoff following the life of a new character from the Naboo Blockage all the way to the Battle of Starkiller. We would revisit the events of the three trilogies but from a different angle, that of a commoner or soldier or bounty hunter or whatever this new character is.

"Master Yoda always taught me 'like a box of cholocates, life is'".

Top Bottom