• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: Jedi Survivor Delayed to April 28th

maybe cuz its buggy

luke-big-eyes-gif.gif

Last edited:

K' Dash

Imagine typing all that shit when 2023 is already stacked lmao

Ain’t nobody raging over a one month delay

nobody typed that, I asked chatGPT to do it and it spew this:

Dear Star Wars Fans,

We are writing to share some important news about the highly-anticipated release of Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order - Survival Mode. After careful consideration, we have made the difficult decision to delay the release of the game to April 28, 2023.

We understand that this news may be disappointing to many of you, and we want to assure you that the delay is not a reflection of the quality of the game. Our team at Respawn has been working tirelessly to ensure that the game delivers the level of immersion and excitement that Star Wars fans deserve, but we have encountered some unexpected challenges along the way.

The extra time will allow us to polish the game to a level that meets our high standards and ensures that the players have the best possible experience. We are confident that the extra time will result in a better, more polished game for everyone to enjoy.

We understand that delays are never easy, and we appreciate your patience and understanding during this time. We are committed to delivering the best possible gaming experience and want to make sure that we meet your expectations.

In the meantime, we encourage you to check out the Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order - Single Player mode, which has received widespread critical acclaim and is available now. And keep an eye out for further updates and announcements as we approach the release of the Survival Mode.

Thank you for your continued support and passion for Star Wars. We can't wait to share the new game with you and hope that you will join us on this exciting journey.

Sincerely,
The Respawn Team

a couple tweaks here and there or maybe a better instruction and voila!

Last edited:

EDMIX

FUUUUUUUUUUUCK!!!!!!!!!!!

I was hype for it, but lots of great games coming out in March too.

I don't mind them taking their time. Day 1 in April 28th I guess.

I already thought there was a REAL chance that Starfield comes out in March. I wouldn't be surprised if this is Star Wars getting away from Starfield. I know it sounds a little crazy but Todd said he always wanted to reveal a game and then just release it super fast and I think it's in the cards. The Hifi Rush shadow launch went REALLLL well. I think we don't have a Starfield date because they DO NOT want to say a date and miss it so they aren't going to say a date until the game is DONE. So they will tell is the date and then release it very shortly after. I don't think they care about traditional marketing for this game. This game IS the marketing for game pass. I think it really could happen.

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
Better for me gives me more time to play destiny light fall before it hits

Husky

THE Prey 2 fanatic
They also cancelled the Jedi: Fallen Order sale :lollipop_crying:. A couple days ago it said it was on sale till Feb 2nd, and other EA games are still on sale till then, but not the one game I was actually decided to buy

gothmog

Gold Member
Hopefully this is a we're right on the edge of perfection kind of delay and not a it's coming in like hot garbage kind of delay.

nemiroff

Gold Member
I hate these fuckin walls of text every time a game is delayed, as if someone has died. Get over yourselves, game devs.

For a large bunch of fucked up people videogames is serious business, hence why death threats to developers / publishers seems way too common. All kinds of stakeholders need to be fed "the psychologically correct information" to not jump out the window.. And can you imagine the conspiracy theories in the press and public if given no context.. Yeah.. Good luck with that possible PR nightmare..

Last edited:

NickFire

I dont know why people get bent out of shape about delays. Do you want shitty unfinished games? Has the past taught you nothing?

It will be done when it's done.
I'm not bent out of shape over it, but do you really think a 6 week delay is a good sign? Can only speak for myself, but when I hear 6 weeks, I instantly speculate that the dev needs more time and probably got a small fraction of what they really need because of publisher demands.

Lunarorbit

Hopefully it will be enough time to deliver a good game. I enjoyed the first game but not enough to be super excited for the sequel, fingers crossed for a big improvement!
There's so many quality of life improvements they could implement. I just beat the original and trying for the plat is a giant pain in the ass.

Dathomir... I had 3 more collectables in this area and it was such a slog. I actually haven't gone back for a week cause it's so defeating to me. The map sucks!

Top Bottom