• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Jedi: Survivor - Final Gameplay Trailer

Spyxos

Gold Member

The story of Cal Kestis continues in STAR WARS Jedi: Survivor™, an epic new adventure in which Cal must go further than ever to protect the galaxy from darkness.

Set five years after the events of STAR WARS Jedi: Fallen Order™, Jedi: Survivor is a story-based third-person action adventure game from Respawn Entertainment, developed in partnership with Lucasfilm Games. STAR WARS Jedi: Survivor™ will be released for PlayStation®5, Xbox Series X|S and Windows PC.

Looks like they took out all the flaws from the first part. Day 1 for me.

Last edited:

Nankatsu

Watched 10s and noped the fuck out of the trailer. Already pre-order it and will go blind into this.

Need to work on that OT when I have the time.

Luipadre

Their best trailer yet, but the animation quality is AA level. Especially that fucking running animation. Game will probably be really good, but that shit really stands out. Also im waiting for PS5 impressions before buying this. First game was a jankfest with many technical issues. Im expecting the same here. Probably a wise choice to pick this up a month or 2 later

Last edited:

Beer Baelly

Al Pachinko, Konami President
hayden christensen fun GIF

yamaci17

i liked rogue one and jedi fallen order but knowing the eventual outcome suspense is usually not there with these stories
regardless i will still enjoy it tho

3liteDragon

I was under the the impression “game engine footage” meant the trailer was made using the engine for assets & stuff & then pre-rendered using the engine.

These terms are getting more & more confusing.

P.S. Trailer has me hyped, Fallen Order was great & it looks like they’re improving everything from it’s predecessor.

Last edited:

Kataploom

Gold Member
Definitely looking forward to play after the bugs and performance were fixed lol Animations look "robotic" though, but the rest look amazing, the prequel already pushed PS4 and Xbone to its knees and then a little more, so this one not looking like a full generational leap ahead is still great to me, considering how good the first one looked.

begotten

I'm pumped.

Just a little worried after seeing this and the last trailer that combat is as stiff as the first game but they've just surrounded it with some set pieces and better levels.

I just wish the combat took that next step, nothing mind blowing there.

Reactions: Isa

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!
The fact that "gameplay" trailers regularly contain more cutscenes then gameplay is indicative of developers failing to evolve the medium. For interactive entertainment, it's sad how much reliance most games still have on un-interactive elements. This is why I tire of games.

Last edited:

CGNoire

The game itself looks enjoyable and will definatly get. Still not a fan of this new stylized art style shift. It still looks toony and the shaders look too similar. Like I get they badly want to circumvent the uncanny valley and all but where in 2023 now. Materials should look "clearly" indenifiable by now.

And is it just me or do or do the storm troopers in this and in Fallen Order look worse than the ones in BF2015? Its like we keep taking steps back.

Isa

The fact that "gameplay" trailers regularly contain more cutscenes then gameplay is indicative of developers failing to evolve the medium. For interactive entertainment, it's sad how much reliance most games still have on un-interactive elements. This is why I tire of games.
That's what I noticed too. Its a very Uncharted feeling scripted scene where the player doesn't need to do much to see the roller coaster ride Hoverbike scene and toss the Scout trooper into the oncoming Tiefighter. Cool, over a decade ago. Also for me personally its aesthetically unpleasing. It screams Marvel to me and is an immediate turnoff. I miss attractive characters, alien or otherwise.

Not that I think its a bad game at all, it is wholly competent but lacks any edge. Its safe by the numbers licensed content which is well done. I'm glad people are hyped and will have a blast though, I just happen to not be one of them.

DavidGzz

Loved the first game and will get this but the animations remind me when someone makes a 3rd person mod for a 1st person game if you know what I mean. It seems Respawn still needs some practice with 3rd person action or a new engine.

Buggy Loop

Look, i'm gonna buy the game and love it for sure, i loved the first one

But, could they possibly have found a more generic looking guy from Hollywood than this one? I don't care you tell me that he's "handsome" or that he's successful in Hollywood, he looks like your average Bethesda generated character.

290x2cmaa8841.jpg

This is the motherfucking saviour of Jedis? I've seen accountants have more credibility to that claim than that face inspires.

Top Bottom