• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Jedi Survivor PC Performance Discussion OT: May The Port Be With You

Bragr

Banned
Well then, they essentially confirm nothing much is gonna change for a long time.

Fu0Mx42aEAEhdug

MiguelItUp

T4keD0wN

Wtf, I don't think I've ever heard of this being a thing before? Maybe I just totally missed it ever since Denuvo's existence?
Steam page usually tell you how many activations are allowed in a certain time period (3-5 a day usually), but EA games for some reason do not even disclose they are using it. So you wont be able to run it when you change any components once you change parts enough times.

Idk why EA are the exception and dont have to disclose this (Valve should do something about it), but perhaps its tokens are just tied to EAs launcher and not Steam?

Last edited:

MiguelItUp

Steam page usually tell you how many activations are allowed in a certain time period, but EA games for some reason do not even disclose they are using it.
Wild. I NEVER knew that was thing. Makes me hate Denuvo even more, which I didn't know was possible.

Bragr

Banned
The game IS playable on low end hardware

This is very respectable, a 1060 getting ~30 fps high settings at 1080p in 2023 is unexpected.

But THAT is specifically the problem this game has. It's not scaling with GPU at all.

That's in the first area, the big issues come later when you hit the open world. I also had no issue in the first level, but when I hit the open-world village area then it became borderline unplayable.

Last edited:

MiguelItUp

That's in the first area, the big issues come later when you hit the open world. I also had no issue in the first level, but when I hit the open-world village area then it became borderline unplayable.
Weird, I didn't have that issue at all. I actually think it improved for me then, lol.
Do anyone know if the HDR is broken on the PC version too?
Not that I've read/seen.

yamaci17

Dlss? Or do you mean fsr?

3070 should be able to do 60 fps at 1440p high. I’m running all epic settings. Also wait till you get to the open world level. Thats where the cpu bottleneck really rears its ugly head.

This game isn’t a vram hog like tlou was.
Am I there yet? this location runs super HFR for me so far

GTby0JP.jpg

Arsic

So from the sounds of it, I can take my 3080, set it to 1440p max settings except ray tracing off, and have mostly 60 fps ?

Or is the ps5 version better if my goal is 60fps and not blurry ?

Banned
Xbox vs PS5. Perfomance Image Quality on XSX is ...

I almost bet this is the same issue the PC is having.
both PC and Xbox use DX12, this is almost certainly a CPU utilisation issue given that there's nothing on screen the whole time that looks even remotely taxing.

Last edited:

Sentenza

Pretends To Be Shocked Fake Shock GIF by AIDES

First one was dogshit on PC and they never fixed it.

Keep your money and give it to someone competent.
First one runs flawlessly at 144hz (because it's capped there and can't go above, for some reason) for me.
If that's the amount of "issues" people are experiencing with the second, maybe I should just stop to listen to the internet whine altogether.

That aside, I don't have time for anything else now that Age of Wonders 4 is releasing, so let's see where they get with few updates.

amigastar

First one runs flawlessly at 144hz (because it's capped there and can't go above, for some reason) for me.
If that's the amount of "issues" people are experiencing with the second, maybe I should just stop to listen to the internet whine altogether.

That aside, I don't have time for anything else now that Age of Wonders 4 is releasing, so let's see where they get with few updates.
I still have to properly play Age of Wonders: Planetfall. Planetfall seems also better than Age of Wonders 4.

aries_71

I almost bet this is the same issue the PC is having.
both PC and Xbox use DX12, this is almost certainly a CPU utilisation issue given that there's nothing on screen the whole time that looks even remotely taxing.
What a POS has DirectX become. Maybe it always was.

Zathalus

I'm getting 80-120 FPS, 1440p native, everything Epic and RT enabled. This is for the valley area of the second planet as well. To be fair I have a 13900k overclocked to 6Ghz with 7200Mhz RAM so I am just using brute force to overcome the CPU issues.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
So from the sounds of it, I can take my 3080, set it to 1440p max settings except ray tracing off, and have mostly 60 fps ?

Or is the ps5 version better if my goal is 60fps and not blurry ?
Go with 3080. Just dont expect a locked 60 fps at 1440p max settings RT off.

PS5 is like 960p internal in its performance mode, blurry as fuck, and drops frames to 40 fps so why bother?

I'm getting 80-120 FPS, 1440p native, everything Epic and RT enabled. This is for the valley area of the second planet as well. To be fair I have a 13900k overclocked to 6Ghz with 7200Mhz RAM so I am just using brute force to overcome the CPU issues.
lol, you listed everything except for the GPU.

Last edited:

Zathalus

Go with 3080. Just dont expect a locked 60 fps at 1440p max settings RT off.

PS5 is like 960p internal in its performance mode, blurry as fuck, and drops frames to 40 fps so why bother?

lol, you listed everything except for the GPU.
Didn't mention the GPU as I was focusing on CPU due to me mostly being CPU limited. GPU is a 4090 though.

Banned
NXG doing damage control on twitter again it seems, saying most of the ports issues are people running the wrong settings for their machines...

working for IGN apparently comes with the added stipulation that you have to have your head up the asses of Publishers

Mattdaddy

Gold Member
I was getting an average of upper 40fps in 4k, epic settings, ray tracing on. But it would dip into the 30s when things got heavy.

i5-13600
32gb

Ill try it again tonight with no ray tracing and see where it lands.

yamaci17

okay u were right, open hub area is definitely problematic
it can run at high avg. smooth framerates but can also have erratic slowdowns... feels like it could be patched or improved... i will try an aggresive framecap like I did with TLOU and see if that smooths out the stutters

its still better than I expected tho. locked 35 is definitely possible. 40 is a stretch

1:12 very large stutter

and some slowdowns later on :/

the spiky dudes also slow frames a lot for some reason XD ima give 40 fps lock a try tho

rnlval

This game spreads its CPU load across multiple CPUs, hence it scales with 7950X's 32 threads.

This game runs fine.

Visual display settings:
- 4K resolution (3840 x 2160)
- Selected all EPIC options
- Enabled Ray Tracing

FPS without AMD FSR 2 : ~68-90
FPS with AMD FSR 2 Quality: 93 - 115
GPU VRAM usage: ~9 GB to 18 GB

PC specs:
- AMD Ryzen 9 7950X
- AMD X670E (ASUS ROG X670E Hero, BIOS v1302)
- 32 GB DDR5 6000 MT (G-Skill Neo RGB 6000 CL30)
- NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090 (ASUS TUF OC),
- Seagate FireCuda 520 NVMe PCIe 4.0 2 TB
- Seagate FireCuda 530 NVMe PCIe 4.0 2 TB
- NVIDIA Display Driver version 531.56
- Microsoft Windows 11 Pro

rnlval

I use my eyes. When a game uses around 8GB of Vram and the textures look like a PS2 game while doing it, and other games fit in 6GB and look FAR better, what do you call it?

Sight is not your strong point.
Define these "other games".

john2gr

Here is how the Koboh Outpost runs on the AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D with an NVIDIA RTX 4090 (Native 4K, Epic Settings, No Ray Tracing).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OE4Q-1R9kp4

I've also seen reports that RT is broken even when the option is enabled, and that you have to set it Off and then On. That's a false report. Here are some screenshots. The first is with RT Off and the second is with RT On after relaunching the game (and not making any changes to the graphics settings). You can easily spot the RT improvements on Cal's hair and the better AO on the right. You can also see on the left the same grass shadow issue that occurs in A Plague Tale: Requiem when you enable RT (the grass shadows take a hit and look worse). So yes, RT works fine and you don't have to disable and re-enable it.

r6xXAxk.jpg

sFtKUCh.jpg

I could also easily replicate on both NVIDIA and AMD GPUs the RT bug that can decrease performance if you don't restart the game. Whenever you enable/disable RT, you need to relaunch it, otherwise performance will be worse than it should normally be.

Last edited:

Buggy Loop

Fucking hell, the games' already massive download size, Steam like double the folder GB to unpack/install momentarily, had to delete a bunch of stuffs on SSD :(

Captn

This game spreads its CPU load across multiple CPUs, hence it scales with 7950X's 32 threads.

This game runs fine.

Visual display settings:
- 4K resolution (3840 x 2160)
- Selected all EPIC options
- Enabled Ray Tracing

FPS without AMD FSR 2 : ~68-90
FPS with AMD FSR 2 Quality: 93 - 115
GPU VRAM usage: ~9 GB to 18 GB

PC specs:
- AMD Ryzen 9 7950X
- AMD X670E (ASUS ROG X670E Hero, BIOS v1302)
- 32 GB DDR5 6000 MT (G-Skill Neo RGB 6000 CL30)
- NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090 (ASUS TUF OC),
- Seagate FireCuda 520 NVMe PCIe 4.0 2 TB
- Seagate FireCuda 530 NVMe PCIe 4.0 2 TB
- NVIDIA Display Driver version 531.56
- Microsoft Windows 11 Pro

I have almost the same system and getting exactly the performance you are getting but on Windows 10.

Asus TUFF gaming Wifi X670E
7950x (Soon the 7950x3d which I have set a side for now until the burning cpu issues are solved)
Gigabyte 4090 OC
Gskill 32gb DDR 5 6000 CL 30
Western Digital Black M2 PCIE 4.0

Amazing game as of now for me.

I hope they patch it soon though for the low/mid range hardware people despite the fact that I have practically 0 issues, it is still unacceptable to deliver a game like this for the majority of hardware configurations out there.

Last edited:

LordCBH

7600X/2080 Super here. Running 1440p and it defaulted to high. Played with default settings and turned the ray tracing on. Other than some hitches every now and then it seems to run decent for me. FSR defaulted to quality as well.

Okay, so stutters are now gone when I disabled hyperthreading/SMT
That's for fact working
I used to have stutters everywhere but now they are totally gone!

My Specs
MSI Pro Carbon WiFi
5800X3D
Gigabyte RTX 3080 10 GB
32 GB G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 MHZ (XMP ON)
Samsung 970 Evo 2TB
2K Samsung Odyssey G7

As for the actual performance, I don't really know, changing things up is not doing anything for me, or at least the differences are minor.
So currently I'm going with EPIC for everything with RTX ON, FSR OFF (that's not good tbh, but it doesn't make a difference anyway for me)
I forced ReBAR with Nvidia Inspector as well
I'm getting anywhere from 45 ~ 60 (That's not depending on anything on screen, I actually got in the same places, mind you, up to 140 fps in the same friggin' scenes and places)

All in all, there's definitely something wrong with this game, my CPU isn't even doing anything and I don't know if even FSR is working, I've got no performance gains from it at all.
I'll be doing more testing tomorrow with other Nvidia inspector and control panel, though doubt that'd make any difference.
I'm sure thought that for some reason SMT off does something

Captn

That's for fact working

My Specs
MSI Pro Carbon WiFi
5800X3D
Gigabyte RTX 3080 10 GB
Samsung 970 Evo 2TB
2K Samsung Odyssey G7

As for the actual performance, I don't really know, changing things up is not doing anything for me, or at least the differences are minor.
So currently I'm going with EPIC for everything with RTX ON, FSR OFF (that's not good tbh, but it doesn't make a difference anyway for me)
I'm getting anywhere from 45 ~ 60 (That's not depending on anything on screen, I actually got in the same places, mind you, up to 140 fps in the same friggin' scenes and places)

All in all, there's definitely something wrong with this game, my CPU isn't even doing anything and I don't know if even FSR is working, I've got no performance gains from it at all.
I'll be doing more testing tomorrow with other Nvidia inspector and control panel, though doubt that'd make any difference.

FSR does make a difference for me and my CPU is running between 25-30% usage. Using all 32 threads to some level.

4090 & 7950x

With FSR quality 4k maxed out with RT on : Average : 90-120
Without FSR 4k maxed out with RT on : Average : 70-90

Last edited:

RobRSG

The guy in Skill Up has a 4090 and couldn’t play it properly, and yet I see the “8GB is not enough VRAM” mantra here.

Bojji

The guy in Skill Up has a 4090 and couldn’t play it properly, and yet I see the “8GB is not enough VRAM” mantra here.

This game major problem is being CPU hog but it can eat up a lot of VRAM so 8gb cards could have problems depending on the settings (?).

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
okay u were right, open hub area is definitely problematic
it can run at high avg. smooth framerates but can also have erratic slowdowns... feels like it could be patched or improved... i will try an aggresive framecap like I did with TLOU and see if that smooths out the stutters

its still better than I expected tho. locked 35 is definitely possible. 40 is a stretch

1:12 very large stutter

and some slowdowns later on :/

the spiky dudes also slow frames a lot for some reason XD ima give 40 fps lock a try tho

That whole level has drops to 40 fps for me on my 3080 11700k. Your CPU is holding up surprisingly well.

That's for fact working

My Specs
MSI Pro Carbon WiFi
5800X3D
Gigabyte RTX 3080 10 GB
Samsung 970 Evo 2TB
2K Samsung Odyssey G7

How do i disable hyperthreading?

Top Bottom