• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Jedi Survivor PC Performance Discussion OT: May The Port Be With You

GymWolf

Go with 3080. Just dont expect a locked 60 fps at 1440p max settings RT off.

PS5 is like 960p internal in its performance mode, blurry as fuck, and drops frames to 40 fps so why bother?

lol, you listed everything except for the GPU.
Do you even have to ask when you see the rest of his rig?

He probably has 2 4090 in sli:lollipop_grinning_sweat:

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
How do i disable hyperthreading?

In your bios settings under CPU but I guarantee it's just a placebo. Tried it and while it seemed like the stuttering was gone, it came back.

. . . folks are just looking for ANY port in a storm; or it works on certain hardware but not others.

winjer

Gold Member
Removing FSR improves FPS for 4090 from the reports online :messenger_tears_of_joy:

That's because the game is set to use sg.ResolutionQuality=50.000000
So in native, it's not really native, as it is using TAAU+TAA Gen4 at 50% screen resolution. So it's not even using the more advanced TAA Gen5 algorithm.
Meanwhile FSR2 Quality renders at 67%. So more pixels to render and a more complex algorithm to use.

And the funny thing is seeing people claim that native in this game looks better than FSR2.
Season 9 Lol GIF by The Office

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Do you even have to ask when you see the rest of his rig?

He probably has 2 4090 in sli:lollipop_grinning_sweat:
BTW, I wanted to tell you about the exploration rewards. yes, those chests still only have cosmetics. This time around they include hairstyles, beards, and new clothes.

However, they now have hidden skill points, hidden health and force meter upgrades, and a new currency called Priority Shards that you can trade in at merchants. It is definitely more rewarding than the first game.

Arsic

Gold Member
Going to play tonight. On a 3080 it seems don’t bother with RT, and to not use FSR, correct ?

I just want 60fps a majority of the time. I wanted to do 4K but it looks like I’ll need to use 1440P here.

winjer

Gold Member
Going to play tonight. On a 3080 it seems don’t bother with RT, and to not use FSR, correct ?

I just want 60fps a majority of the time. I wanted to do 4K but it looks like I’ll need to use 1440P here.

No.
Either use FSR2. Or use UUU to force sg.ResolutionQuality=100.

Luipadre

I hope they can fix this shit up so i can play on my 3070ti at 1440p 60fps without RT maxed out. I dont feel like playing at 30 fps and below on console

SlimySnake

Yeah, 1440p Epic Settings will let you do 60 fps without RT.

Game is CPU bound so hope you have a good CPU.

I am getting drops and some stutters which are annoying. Game just drops 15 fps on a dime in the open world. If it was consistent, Gsync wouldve hidden them but because the drops are so abrupt i notice them all the time. The first level ran around 55 fps at times while 70 fps most of time, but because those 55 fps sections were consistent, it didnt feel bad at all. the open world is just a mess with a smooth 60 fps turning into a 40 fps slideshow if you make the wrong turn.

Im gonna try and see if it is related to vram, but my vram usage hovers around 7GB. Has yet to hit 8GB. You can try turning the settings down to High and see if you can get a more consistent framerate but since my 3080's GPU utilization is 75% during those drops, its obvious the Graphics settings arent the problem here.

RoboFu

One of the green rats
5700x with 7900 xt. Getting around a solid 60 fps so far at 1440 which is always my target.

Great looking game and there is a lot more character building this time.

Anchovie123

NXgamer IGN video

Bad even on PS5 & Series X. Performance mode is rarely ever at 60fps during gameplay and is 30fps during cutscenes. VRR not working on PS5. Performance mode has RT reflections enabled witch could explain poor performance but he also points out that screen space reflections on Series S and PC are completely broken and disabling RT would probably be a bad idea. Overall he recommends playing quality mode if your on PS5 or Series X.

Terrible performance on his 6800XT too. Recommends upping the graphics and resolution on PC in order to swap from being CPU bound to GPU bound. If the game runs like crap regardless of settings then you may as well make it look good and run like crap. (Assuming you have enough vram 🤣)

Shameful release all round especially insulting after Respawn was out boasting about fast development times and victim blaming PC users. 🤡

Last edited:

Luipadre

NXgamer IGN video

Bad even on PS5 & Series X. Performance mode is rarely ever at 60fps during gameplay and is 30fps during cutscenes. VRR not working on PS5. Performance mode has RT reflections enabled witch could explain poor performance but he also points out that screen space reflections on Series S and PC are completely broken and disabling RT would probably be a bad idea. Overall he recommends playing Quality mode if your on PS5 or Series X.

Terrible performance on his 6800XT too. Recommends upping the graphics and resolution on PC in order to swap from being CPU bound to GPU bound. If the game runs like crap regardless of settings then you may as well may it look good and run like crap. (Assuming you have enough vram 🤣)

Shameful release all round especially insulting after Respawn was out boasting about fast development times and victim blaming PC users. 🤡

forced RT on performance mode when your game already chugging. Thats something...

Last edited:

Darsxx82

The analysis leaves a lot to be desired and, in my opinion, is not a true reflection of or reality as it only focuses on the first section of the beginning of the game.

First. The quality mode has been confirmed that it is not stable at all as the analysis says. In the following sections there are moments where the framerate drops to ~20fps or even ~10fps. In performance mode there are sections that have posted ~30fps on both consoles.

Second. I would take the resolution issue with tweezers. If it is using FSR2 the base resolution is not 1400p (in quality mode) or 1124p (in performance mode). I think it is lower than NXG indicated there and I hope that DF or VGTech can confirm it.

The game was clearly missing a couple of months of minimal optimization on all platforms. There are also decisions that are not very understandable, such as using RT in performance mode when it does not reach the 60fps challenge.

It's sad but it has become normal to release unfinished games to meet deadlines.

Last edited:

Buggy Loop

So in native, it's not really native, as it is using TAAU+TAA Gen4 at 50% screen resolution. So it's not even using the more advanced TAA Gen5 algorithm.
Meanwhile FSR2 Quality renders at 67%. So more pixels to render and a more complex algorithm to use.

And the funny thing is seeing people claim that native in this game looks better than FSR2.

high quality GIF

FSR looks like dogs hit in this game, the ghosting is atrocious. DF does not recommend.

Blackage

My rig is def not the norm, but I'm getting 60-80 FPS @ 1440p with Epic settings, not using AMD's performance thingy, nothing really stands out for performance issues, maybe the start of a cut-scene micro studders, but that's about all I can think of.

13900K, RTX 3080, 32GB DDR5

Last edited:

ANDS

King of Gaslighting

That is a savaging that needs to be on every front page. The fact that it's issues that EA/RESPAWN were dealing with in FO is even more surprising.

The scenes with the game just shitting the bed doing nothing is just. . . I'd love to see the internal communications about performance.

. . .JASON SHCRIER's don't believe your lying eyes tweet makes this all even more hilarious.

yamaci17

Yeah, 1440p Epic Settings will let you do 60 fps without RT.

Game is CPU bound so hope you have a good CPU.

I am getting drops and some stutters which are annoying. Game just drops 15 fps on a dime in the open world. If it was consistent, Gsync wouldve hidden them but because the drops are so abrupt i notice them all the time. The first level ran around 55 fps at times while 70 fps most of time, but because those 55 fps sections were consistent, it didnt feel bad at all. the open world is just a mess with a smooth 60 fps turning into a 40 fps slideshow if you make the wrong turn.

Im gonna try and see if it is related to vram, but my vram usage hovers around 7GB. Has yet to hit 8GB. You can try turning the settings down to High and see if you can get a more consistent framerate but since my 3080's GPU utilization is 75% during those drops, its obvious the Graphics settings arent the problem here.
bro do u play ? this new map i mean koboh outpost. shiny areas get cal weird glowy orange hair. do u get that? i enable ray tracing and it is all of a sudden okay. whats up with that?

Seems like I'll just wait until it's $9 again like Fallen Order before considering buying this. Hopefully by then they'll have patched it a bit and it works okay.

I still haven't played my copy of Fallen Order, I wonder how well it runs in 2023.

Zathalus

I think this may be a random bug when messing around with the graphics settings, I'm at 1440p native and my setting is sg.ResolutionQuality=100.000000.

MastAndo

Gold Member
Saw a post on Reddit about disabling "Usage Sharing" in extras settings (then restarting) significantly improving performance. Any validity to that?

Last edited:

yamaci17

I think this may be a random bug when messing around with the graphics settings, I'm at 1440p native and my setting is sg.ResolutionQuality=100.000000.

res quality is dependent on preset. but can also get bugged

epic 100
high 87
med 71
low 50

cheap unnecessary trick to bundle hidden res. scaling with presets. really weird move by them. if they used TSR latest gen5 it would actually look okay. but they're not using that either

you can set the preset to epic and then move everything to low, it will stay at 100

winjer

Gold Member

Could be a bug with the sg.ResolutionQuality. I have already seen 3 people confirming they have it at 50.
You are the first I've seen confirming it at 100.
Maybe it's like the RT bug that goes on and off at random.

Bojji

Saw a post on Reddit about disabling "Usage Sharing" in extras settings (then restarting) significantly improving performance. Any validity to that?
Nothing.

PC version is just fucking terrible, in first city (desert) area game is literally unplayable with RT on 5600X, without RT it still stutters but is much better.

But game without RT looks shitty so... What a fucking mess. Good that i only payed for EA Pro and i can complete dead space remake with it lol

winjer

Gold Member
Are we seeing the same DF analysis? This is as bad as God of War's FSR implementation.

Wrn1WDa.jpg

1JnoWmY.jpg

I'm not saying the implementation of FSR2 here is good. But it's way better than TAAU+TAA Gen4 at 50%.
Now, if this setting at 50%, at Epic preset is a bug or intentional. That is a different matter. But I have seen 3 people confirm sg.ResolutionQuality=50.000000 with UUU in game. Only one at 100.
I didn't just see a video on youtube. I have been testing all these settings in game, by entering commands, and seeing in real time what happens.
BTW, what setting are you getting while you play the game?

Buggy Loop

I'm not saying the implementation of FSR2 here is good. But it's way better than TAAU+TAA Gen4 at 50%.
Now, if this setting at 50%, at Epic preset is a bug or intentional. That is a different matter. But I have seen 3 people confirm sg.ResolutionQuality=50.000000 with UUU in game. Only one at 100.
I didn't just see a video on youtube. I have been testing all these settings in game, by entering commands, and seeing in real time what happens.
BTW, what setting are you getting while you play the game?

I played the first part last night at epic settings + RT @ 3440x1440 native+TAA. Probably gonna remove RT tonight. On a 3080 Ti, hovers at ~45-50 fps with of course, some ridiculous dips from traversal/shader stutters.

winjer

Gold Member
I played the first part last night at epic settings + RT @ 3440x1440 native+TAA. Probably gonna remove RT tonight. On a 3080 Ti, hovers at ~45-50 fps with of course, some ridiculous dips from traversal/shader stutters.

But what value do you have with sg.ResolutionQuality?

I'm playing at 1440p, no RT, Epic settings, FSR2Q. I don't get anywhere near as many stutters as Alex showed.
For example, that scene with the big dinosaur, he shows at minute 10.55. I had no stutters there.

winjer

Gold Member
On a different note, I finally managed to create my own pak file with some tweaks.
If anyone wants to try it, here it is. Just place it among the other pak files, in Jedi Survivor\SwGame\Content\Paks
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1dZsjr3uUMlDTrwhP1zIhTP7tFnGXdLXK/view?usp=sharing

This is what is changes:

r.FidelityFX.FSR2.Sharpness=0.3
r.FidelityFX.FSR2.HistoryFormat=0
r.SceneColorFormat=4
r.SkyAtmosphere.FastSkyLUT=1
r.SSR.Temporal=1
r.SSR.ExperimentalDenoiser=1
r.Reflections.Denoiser.TemporalAccumulation=1
r.FidelityFX.FSR2.UseSSRExperimentalDenoiser=1
r.TemporalAA.Algorithm=1
r.TemporalAAFilterSize=1
r.TemporalAAPauseCorrect=1
r.TemporalAACatmullRom=1
r.TemporalAAUpsampleFiltered=1
r.TemporalAA.HistoryScreenPercentage=100
r.TemporalAACurrentFrameWeight=0.2
r.TemporalAA.R11G11B10History=1
r.TemporalAASamples=4
r.PostProcessAAQuality=6
r.TemporalAA.Upsampling=1
r.Tonemapper.Sharpen=0
r.SceneColorFringe.Max=0
r.SceneColorFringeQuality=0
r.MotionBlur.Max=0
r.LensFlareQuality=0
r.MotionBlurQuality=0
r.BloomQuality=5
r.DepthOfFieldQuality=0
r.Tonemapper.GrainQuantization=0
r.DefaultFeature.LensFlare=0
r.D3D12.ExecuteCommandListTask=1
r.RHICmdBufferWriteLocks=0
r.CreateShadersOnLoad=1
niagara.CreateShadersOnLoad=1
r.MaxAnisotropy=16
r.Streaming.AmortizeCPUToGPUCopy=1
r.Streaming.MaxNumTexturesToStreamPerFrame=120
r.Streaming.LimitPoolSizeToVRAM=1
r.FastVRam.Tonemap=1
r.FastVRam.Upscale=1
r.FastVRam.VelocityFlat=1
r.FastVRam.VelocityMax=1
r.FastVRam.VolumetricFog=1
r.FastVRam.MotionBlur=1
r.FastVRam.SceneColor=1
r.FastVRam.SceneDepth=1
r.FastVRam.ScreenSpaceShadowMask=1
r.FastVRam.ScreenSpaceShadowMask=1
r.FastVRam.HZB=1
r.FastVRam.Histogram=1
r.FastVRam.HistogramReduce=1
r.FastVRam.LPV=1
r.FastVRam.DistanceFieldNormal=1
r.FastVRam.DistanceFieldShadows=1
r.FastVRam.DistanceFieldTileIntersectionResources=1
r.FastVRam.DistortHistory=1
r.FastVRam.Distortion=1
r.FastVRam.Downsample=1
r.FastVRam.EyeAdaptation=1
r.FastVRam.ForwardLightingCullingResources=1
r.FastVRam.DistanceFieldAODownsampledBentNormal=1
r.FastVRam.DistanceFieldAOHistory=1
r.FastVRam.DistanceFieldAOScreenGridResources=1
r.FastVRam.DistanceFieldCulledObjectBuffers=1
r.FastVRam.DOFPostfilter=1
r.FastVRam.DOFReduce=1
r.FastVRam.DOFSetup=1
r.FastVRam.CombineLUTs=1
r.FastVRam.BokehDOF=1
r.FastVRam.ShadowCSM=1
r.FastVRam.ShadowPerObject=1
r.FastVRam.PostProcessMaterial=1

SlimySnake

bro do u play ? this new map i mean koboh outpost. shiny areas get cal weird glowy orange hair. do u get that? i enable ray tracing and it is all of a sudden okay. whats up with that?
Yeah, I get the glowy orange hair bug.

What exactly does ray tracing do? Is it just reflections or shadows and lighting? I am scared to turn it on because i was already getting drops to 40 fps in the outpost town. NX gamer said that it is a 40% hit to performance but since my GPU is bottlenecked at 70%, i wonder if turning rt on will inadvertently end up fully utilize my GPU instead.

SlimySnake

But what value do you have with sg.ResolutionQuality?

I'm playing at 1440p, no RT, Epic settings, FSR2Q. I don't get anywhere near as many stutters as Alex showed.
For example, that scene with the big dinosaur, he shows at minute 10.55. I had no stutters there.
I had no stutters there either but i explored that area for a good hour before climbing up to the dinosaur. The main town after that dinosaur though. yeesh.

Why are you playing with FSR on? It is awful in this game. Might as well have motion blur on with added shimmering. EDIT: nvm. just saw your posts above.

Last edited:

Spyxos

Gold Member
How do i activate sharpening for this game in Nvidia Control Panel? The exe of this game does not appear in the list.

yamaci17

Yeah, I get the glowy orange hair bug.

What exactly does ray tracing do? Is it just reflections or shadows and lighting? I am scared to turn it on because i was already getting drops to 40 fps in the outpost town. NX gamer said that it is a 40% hit to performance but since my GPU is bottlenecked at 70%, i wonder if turning rt on will inadvertently end up fully utilize my GPU instead.
i have no idea... what I know is that ray tracing is kind of mandatory to get rid the glowy orange hair (bug or not?= not sure)

i enabled ray tracing. im moving into the forest area in koboh. running okayish so far, stable framerates here. outpost is very jank however but lighter areas doable with ray tracing. very stable framerate between 40 60. i will do a video later on

look at this, same bug. makes me wonder is this why they enforce ray tracing even on performance modes on the series x and ps5=? are their pipeline not even optimized / play tested without ray tracing? it really is odd. i also saw very distracting screen space artifacts near some ponds in that area. some horrible stuff

if ray tracing is only for reflections and stuff, how the hell does it affect this?

Last edited:

rnlval

I have almost the same system and getting exactly the performance you are getting but on Windows 10.

Asus TUFF gaming Wifi X670E
7950x (Soon the 7950x3d which I have set a side for now until the burning cpu issues are solved)
Gigabyte 4090 OC
Gskill 32gb DDR 5 6000 CL 30
Western Digital Black M2 PCIE 4.0

Amazing game as of now for me.

I hope they patch it soon though for the low/mid range hardware people despite the fact that I have practically 0 issues, it is still unacceptable to deliver a game like this for the majority of hardware configurations out there.

32 threads usage in some maps demonstrate Ryzen 9 7950X being useful for gaming. Ryzen 7 7800x3D doesn't have CPU cores when game supports many cores scaling.

Individual CPU core usage is low to mid.

Last edited:

SlimySnake

i have no idea... what I know is that ray tracing is kind of mandatory to get rid the glowy orange hair (bug or not?= not sure)

i enabled ray tracing. im moving into the forest area in koboh. running okayish so far, stable framerates here. outpost is very jank however but lighter areas doable with ray tracing. very stable framerate between 40 60. i will do a video later on

look at this, same bug. makes me wonder is this why they enforce ray tracing even on performance modes on the series x and ps5=? are their pipeline not even optimized / play tested without ray tracing? it really is odd. i also saw very distracting screen space artifacts near some ponds in that area. some horrible stuff

if ray tracing is only for reflections and stuff, how the hell does it affect this?

They did say that the game was designed around ray tracing. im honestly surprised that they let us turn it off. I vaguely remember them saying RT for lighting when they first announced the game.

analog_future

Resident Crybaby
Are we seeing the same DF analysis? This is as bad as God of War's FSR implementation.

Wrn1WDa.jpg

1JnoWmY.jpg

Even in those hand-picked shots I don't think FSR 2 Quality looks bad at all. Not as good as Native, but way better than TAA or really any other solution outside of DLSS.

Last edited:

SlimySnake

I turned on RT and the performance didnt tank as much as I thought it would. Changed to High settings and was able to get the same performance i was getting at Epic.

Figured id go to 4k just to see what happens and was getting 30-40 fps with RT on. To me that made a much bigger difference than simply turning on RT. 1440p looks very blurry in this game.

The open world area has constant stutters down to 45-50 fps that are just awful at 1440p. No matter if im Epic or High settings, RT on or off. I cant play like this. Its a locked 60 fps indoors and in caves/mines etc.

I might cap the framerate to 40 fps and bump the resolution to 4k with RT off.

simpatico

PS5 hard drive is lowkey giving PC developers a giant sized parachute in performance discussions. "NVME drives are simply too sluggish to produce the amazing graphics in Jedi Survivor"

yamaci17

I turned on RT and the performance didnt tank as much as I thought it would. Changed to High settings and was able to get the same performance i was getting at Epic.

Figured id go to 4k just to see what happens and was getting 30-40 fps with RT on. To me that made a much bigger difference than simply turning on RT. 1440p looks very blurry in this game.

The open world area has constant stutters down to 45-50 fps that are just awful at 1440p. No matter if im Epic or High settings, RT on or off. I cant play like this. Its a locked 60 fps indoors and in caves/mines etc.

I might cap the framerate to 40 fps and bump the resolution to 4k with RT off.
ima back you up. 1440p taa or 1080p taa is hilariously bad in this game. and yes, I'de made sure they were at %100 res scale (checked ini everytime). gpu usage checks out as well

what the hell is this man. like, what the actual hell. it literally requires %21 more resources for a blurrier image. this cannot be related to sharpening either, as there's clearly more detail resolved with 4k fsr perf (dlsss :( )

modern taa is out of hands. 1440p will soon be literally unusable if u're used to 4k crispiness

ErMznmj.png

definitely cap the game. but use the engine frame limiter.

C:\Users\yamaci\AppData\Local\SwGame\Saved\Config\WindowsNoEditor

here, search framelimit, it is 0.0000 make it 40

in game 40 fps is smooth as hell for me. but stutters are still there. but reduced. try and see if it helps you more than it did for me

Last edited:

SlimySnake

ima back you up. 1440p taa or 1080p taa is hilariously bad in this game. and yes, I'de made sure they were at %100 res scale (checked ini everytime). gpu usage checks out as well

what the hell is this man. like, what the actual hell. it literally requires %21 more resources for a blurrier image. this cannot be related to sharpening either, as there's clearly more detail resolved with 4k fsr perf (dlsss :( )

modern taa is out of hands. 1440p will soon be literally unusable if u're used to 4k crispiness

ErMznmj.png

definitely cap the game. but use the engine frame limiter.

C:\Users\yamaci\AppData\Local\SwGame\Saved\Config\WindowsNoEditor

here, search framelimit, it is 0.0000 make it 40

in game 40 fps is smooth as hell for me. but stutters are still there. but reduced. try and see if it helps you more than it did for me
Im capping it using the nvidia control panel. whats the difference here?

I tested it and while there are no stutters, it doesnt feel as smooth while panning around. (As smooth as HFW's 40 fps mode)

At least im not getting any stutters anymore.

Top Bottom