• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Jedi: Survivor Previews are going up

Bartski

Gold Member
oTwK0y2.jpg

Yerd

I just realized the title logo of the game has EA on it. I don't know why, but that really annoys me.

Hugare

First game was okay.

Making it semi open-world is a turnoff. I'm still traumatized by Ragnarok's realms.

I want EA to make more 10-15h singleplayer focused games like Dead Space Remake

Mr.ODST

Apparently the game doesn't strip you of the abilities and skills you learned in Fallen Order but solely builds upon them. You start the game with all of the Force and Saber skills from the first game.

I really like this.
This is something alot of games do in sequels etc, its good to hear as removing everything you once earned feels forced, not sure other games that do this though that let you keep everything from the previous game? just helps build the narrative of your character becoming more powerful

Pedro Motta

Is the run animation fixed? Cal ran like a retard in the first one.

EDIT: Nope still a retard. What's up with the animation quality in this game?

Last edited:

Werewolf Jones

Gold Member
I've been day one on it since that trailer dropped.

More polish, more ambitious with a darker tone. That's what we all deserve.

I've been day one on it since that trailer dropped.

More polish, more ambitious with a darker tone. That's what we all deserve.
Hopefully no spiders in this game as well because I couldnt fininsh the last one. I have 3 games in my backlog I cant finish because of my arachnophobia. I need to find someone who cant remote play my ps5 and get past these areas for me.

Fbh

Watched the EZA one and it sounds really good, basically more of the same but bigger, better and with more options. Love that they have a type of platforming challenges around the world too, I liked how the platforming in the first one wasn't quite as brain dead as most games these days and this seems to expand on that.

The visuals customization looks pretty terrible though, every hair style looks laughably bad the the clothes customization they showed looked really boring too. Also the animations are still pretty bad and for some reason they still can't pull off fur so the worst looking wookies ever are probably back in the menu.

But overall looks great, will definitely be buying after a price drop.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
I’m sure it’ll be exactly as expected, and I think that’s the problem for me. Regardless of polish I’ve already played this game. There’s not a single thing I can get excited about.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
I own the first game but the character model is not appealing at all so I've never gotten around to playing it. He looks even worse now!

Any mods out there to change the guys head?

I remember there being a mod to put The Mandalorian in. I’m sure there’s been plenty more since.

Mr.ODST

Can the game be enjoyed without having played the first story wise?
Gameplay wise its fun but there is a huge backstory in the game, if you dont want to play the first (I recommend as its not a bad story) then just watch a TLDR on youtube

GymWolf

Exactly this! :messenger_grinning_smiling:

Cant believe it comes out soon and no one seems to know if there is more to it.
They doubled down on the skins, dresses etc so i expect something similar.

I heard about earning perks and skill points by solving the puzzle rooms but they need to make the normal esploration more rewarding for people like me who don't care about the whole fashion souls aspect.

lh032

I cry about Xbox and hate PlayStation.
Apparently the game doesn't strip you of the abilities and skills you learned in Fallen Order but solely builds upon them. You start the game with all of the Force and Saber skills from the first game.

I really like this.

day 1 then.

Mr Branding

I played Fallen Order rather recently, summer of 22 and it blew me away. All I was thinking when playing was ''finally, a good/great StarWars game''. Loved the gameplay and what I'm seeing here is a true evolution of the formula. Might be a surprise hit for this year and honestly I'm more tempted to drop full price on this, than other big titles such as Totk or Starfield.

saintjules

Hoping this is the start of next/current-gen only games and start to see the power of the hardware out.

I really thought they would fix the animation jank of the first one but they haven't so I'll pick it up on sale.

But the jank will still be there even when it goes on sale?

Kuranghi

I really hope to fuck it has a locked 30 mode, I'm not into this 60fps at reconstructed 1440p-1800p and 45-60fps at reconstructed 2160p rubbish like with RE4R. At least the fidelity mode of RE4R is 60fps most of the time, drops aren't too bad, but it's still blurry as fuck compared to RE Village and performance mode looks far worse, not worth the hit in IQ to lock to 60 during alpha effect spam.

That's not a choice between spatial fidelity and temporal fidelity, both are disappointing in different ways, just make it native 4K at 30fps locked and whatever you have to do get locked 60fps.

That's what I want here from Survivor because the first game did not want to run at locked 60fps without a massive GPU overhead so I'm guessing this will be the same, soft as fuck IQ to get the 60 lock and then probably not even maintain it always or actually good IQ and locked but stuttery 30fps.

I prefer the latter with modern games, I want to take advantage of my 4K TV and see all the amazing texture work and vista in all their glory, 30 is subpar during fast action moments but you can easily get used to it as long as its consistent, I don't have an OLED so in-game motion blur + general smearing of LCD VA panel (plus mine is particularly smeary) means 30fps is much less awful than on OLED/fast PRT monitor panel.

Drizzlehell

Banned
I can't wait for this. I won't even bother watching the videos not to spoil anything for myself.

Pleasedontsuck, pleasedontsuck, pleasedontsuck...

Top Bottom