• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: Jedi Survivor | Review Thread

excaliburps

Press - MP1st.com
What are the tech issues?

I've noticed that the idea of what constitutes as "tech issues" varies from person to person.

For example, I always play games in Quality mode, rather than Performance mode, and only notice framerate issues if they're particularly bad. If a game is a consistent, or close to it, 30fps, I will never notice any performance issues. I honestly cannot tell you which games I've played have been 30fps and which were 60fps.

So, if I were reviewing a game, it would be based on Quality mode and would only reference tech issues if they were incredibly blatant to me.
Tech issues like screen tearing, crashing, being stuck in environments, etc. I am not even fussy about tech stuff.

We tried this on both quality and performance modes and had issues with both. We aren't alone in this as well. Just weird that some reviewers glazed over it.

Cashon

Banned
Tech issues like screen tearing, crashing, being stuck in environments, etc. I am not even fussy about tech stuff.

We tried this on both quality and performance modes and had issues with both. We aren't alone in this as well. Just weird that some reviewers glazed over it.
Ah... Now that is stuff that I would definitely notice. In that case, you would need right; odd to look over it when reviewing it.

It could be, as you said, they're reviewing it based on potential, which I agree shouldn't be done, or they're reviewing it on other factors that don't really have much to do with the game (franchise bias, marketing people wined-and-dined them, etc...
Could also be that they just didn't experience those same issues. There have been many games that I've played where people have said they're buggy, broken, etc... (e.g., Fallout: New Vegas, Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order) and I never experienced those issues.

kittoo

Cretinously credulous
Guess I'll be getting EA Play Pro for a month to play Dead Space and Star Wars Jedi Survivor. One month should be enough time...

So I can play any EA game on EA Play Pro without any restriction? Even latest releases?

GustavoLT

what about:

texture pop in
texture load stutter
shader load stutter
scenario load stutter

my complains about Fallen Order on PC

fermcr

So I can play any EA game on EA Play Pro without any restriction? Even latest releases?

Never tried out EA Play Pro, but I'm guessing all EA games are available at release. BTW, EA Play Pro is only available for PC.

143455i22632F3270817207

Here is the list of games. Wait for next friday to see if Star Wars Jedi Survivor becomes available...
https://www.ea.com/ea-play/games#ea-play-pro

Last edited:

Cashon

Banned

The inevitable tweet promising bug fixes, performance fixes, crash fixes, etc that should’ve been addressed for day 1. Mess of an industry this has become.

Yeah, this is just annoying, and is partially responsible for why I occasionally consider just dismissing playing new games (basically anything from this generation forward) at all. Just focus on playing/replaying old games and develop a different main hobby.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Here is the list of games. Wait for next friday to see if Star Wars Jedi Survivor becomes available...
https://www.ea.com/ea-play/games#ea-play-pro
No need to wait, here's the deets straight from the horse's patoot

Members in EA Play Pro not only get to start playing on April 28, they also get full access to all pre-order and Deluxe Edition bonus items

Last edited:

FrankWza

The first game started off so great.... and then within an hour or 2 I was bogged down in some boring shit and I said "fuck it" and never touched it again.
It was good but the combat needs to be better. Liked the story. Too many puzzles and climbing and not enough cool discovery for the back tracking.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
Gameplay length? How much bigger than FO?
I read where it’s 20-25 for the main game. A much larger emphasis on exploration than combat according to Fextralife. There’s plenty to explore. There’s more open areas and planets have that Metroid type exploration where you’ll revisit. From what I read this game does backtracking very well. Fextralife said it had surprisingly good platforming, but not soul crushing enemies like a From Software game. This game has more of an identity than FO.

Last edited:

Arsic

Gold Member
Pure shill shit. If the pc version is as bad as everyone is saying this doesn’t deserve anymore than a 6/10.

Launch all platforms working as intended or delay the game.

“day one patch and incoming weeks we will fix performance” cool how about delay the release that many weeks then bud.

Last edited:

Neolombax

I dunno, the technical issues dont seem to bother me, on paper at least. I mean I survived playing vanilla Fallen Order on the PS4, would it be reasonable to say performance of Jedi Survivor on PS5 is on par if not better than that?

The inevitable tweet promising bug fixes, performance fixes, crash fixes, etc that should’ve been addressed for day 1. Mess of an industry this has become.

This is the exact reason I stopped buying games at launch.

They will not get my money and time until everything gets fixed. Why spend $70 when I can wait and get a better experience when the game is cheaper.

AJUMP23

I was going to get it to play through before Zelda. But it seams there will be a lot of bug fixes, so I will wait 6 months and get it on sale.

Pure shill shit. If the pc version is as bad as everyone is saying this doesn’t deserve anymore than a 6/10.

Launch all platforms working as intended or delay the game.

“day one patch and incoming weeks we will fix performance” cool how about delay the release that many weeks then bud.

The Shill is strong with this one

gow3isben

Basically this would have been 90 metacritic if they waited a few months and polished the bugs sounds great will buy a few weeks after launch

winjer

Gold Member
Patch 6 Details - June 20
The latest patch (Patch 6) for Star Wars Jedi: Survivor arrives today for PC, PlayStation 5, and Xbox Series X | S.

Here are the fixes you can expect with this patch:

Various crash fixes across all platforms
Fix for bounty hunters not spawning
Fix for an issue where Caij would become invisible
Fix for occasional issue where "Find the Gorge's Secret" Rumor could not be completed
Collision improvements
Improved blaster handling
Fixes for Photo Mode
Wind puzzle on Jedha fixed
Updates to the holomap map data
The training dummy on Jedha was sneaking around. It has now been immobilized

Various bug fixes & Improvements
More patches on the way
We thank you for your continued support as we work hard to improve your experience with Star Wars Jedi: Survivor. We will continue to share timing for future patches once they become available.

TrebleShot

I wonder if it will ever get patched to run decent on the consoles or have they just decided the cluster fuck it is currently is ok ?

Luipadre

Patch 6 Details - June 20
The latest patch (Patch 6) for Star Wars Jedi: Survivor arrives today for PC, PlayStation 5, and Xbox Series X | S.

Various crash fixes across all platforms
Fix for bounty hunters not spawning
Fix for an issue where Caij would become invisible
Fix for occasional issue where "Find the Gorge's Secret" Rumor could not be completed
Collision improvements
Improved blaster handling
Fixes for Photo Mode
Wind puzzle on Jedha fixed
Updates to the holomap map data
The training dummy on Jedha was sneaking around. It has now been immobilized

Various bug fixes & Improvements
More patches on the way
We thank you for your continued support as we work hard to improve your experience with Star Wars Jedi: Survivor. We will continue to share timing for future patches once they become available.

lmao thats all after 1.5 months? 0 performance fixes too what a fucking joke

Last edited:

The Stig

I really like this game despite performance.

So I got the bounty hunter glitch. I beat the first one and Caij wont tip me off about any others. Really sucks cos I love the combat and I've explored almost the whole game and havent found any of them.

I really hope EA fix it. In the meantime Ive just started NG+

edit - apparently a patch came out today to fix it! hooray!

Last edited:

The Stig

I really like this game despite performance.

So I got the bounty hunter glitch. I beat the first one and Caij wont tip me off about any others. Really sucks cos I love the combat and I've explored almost the whole game and havent found any of them.

I really hope EA fix it. In the meantime Ive just started NG+

edit - apparently a patch came out today to fix it! hooray!
Just tested. ITS FIXED!

Kakax11

Banned
The latest patch (Patch 6.5 ) for Star Wars Jedi: Survivor arrives today for PC, PlayStation 5, and Xbox Series X | S.

• Fix for bounty icons remaining on screen
  • Fix for holomap not opening correctly
  • Crash fixes and stability improvements for PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X|S

Top Bottom