• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Jedi: Survivor to be Featured at The Game Awards

The Cockatrice

Gold Member
well that's disheartening...not much reason to be excited by the new one based on that. Maybe the quantic dreams game will be more worth my time.
I mean I personally gave it a 7 so its not that bad. Its very cheap these days, I would say get it and play it. It has its moments but yeah it never does anything outstanding.

mdkirby

I mean I personally gave it a 7 so its not that bad. Its very cheap these days, I would say get it and play it. It has its moments but yeah it never does anything outstanding.
I have the old one, I managed maybe 5 hours before getting so frustrated by it I had to put it down. Was hoping that perhaps if I had stuck with it had improved, ie perhaps the really bad platforming and terrible implementation of Metroidvania level design was just particularly bad on the early locations but much better later, or the clunky implementation of dark souls type combat was made better by new abilities that made it way less frustrating. But based on the above replies, it sounds like that hope is misguided, and it does indeed not improve.

So unless they make leaps and bounds in those departments for the upcoming sequel its likely not worth being excited by it. Plus it also means its not worth me giving the current game another try, meaning to play the sequel I'll be missing all the story from the first....

A shame...as I like the Star Wars universe, and love all the games and genres it has drawn inspiration from

End of this year and next year is looking to be absolutely stacked with releases tho, so not a huge loss.

Banned
I should’ve stopped reading at “BotW is not an RPG”. But that’s a different topic altogether.

BotW is not an RPG, it has less RPG elements than God of War and basically all classic Assassin's Creed games except the first one.
if BotW is an RPG then there are basically no other types of AAA games on the market anymore

Fallen Order had boring unlockables and they weren’t interesting, therefore I (any many others) found ourselves not caring about them, and therefore not caring about exploring. You can feel free to have whatever opinion you want, but my criticism of Fallen Order is a very common one. One I’ve heard over and over from others.

well, again, you can't really do much about that.
A Jedi uses his own weapon and almost never armor.
so at most you can do cosmetics...

they could make lightsaber colors be collectables like in Force Unleashed, but that's about it... maybe cooler outfits than the different ponchos of the first game.

Last edited:

The Cockatrice

Gold Member

they could make lightsaber colors be collectables like in Force Unleashed, but that's about it... maybe cooler outfits than the different ponchos of the first game.

Clearly, you have not played KOTOR games and SWTOR. There is a ton of things they can add to make exploration worthwhile.

Last edited:

Banned
Clearly, you have not played KOTOR games and SWTOR. There is a ton of things they can add to make exploration worthwhile.

KOTOR is set thousands of years in the past, the Jedi weren't what they are in the time this game takes place in.

Last edited:

The Cockatrice

Gold Member
it's also canon, so not just a game. they can't go too much off track

They can. It's still a game. Theres no canon about wearing ponchos with 20 different colors. Yet thats what they gave us. It was idiotic af. Kratos does not need to wear any kind of armor yet we have at least 10 sets of armor for him with different stats. Again, its a game. They can gamify it while also remaining "canon" as if anyone cares.

Banned
They can. It's still a game. Theres no canon about wearing ponchos with 20 different colors. Yet thats what they gave us. It was idiotic af. Kratos does not need to wear any kind of armor yet we have at least 10 sets of armor for him with different stats. Again, its a game. They can gamify it while also remaining "canon" as if anyone cares.

they also should under no circumstances introduce any more RPG elements... having skill trees is already annoying in an action adventure

The Cockatrice

Gold Member
they also should under no circumstances introduce any more RPG elements... having skill trees is already annoying in an action adventure

hard to make a metroidvania without rpg elements. Even harder now that he has all the moves from previous game learned and they cant just give us another inexperienced jedi. Theres going to be some rpg stuff, guaranteed.

Yumi

I enjoyed Fallen Order way more than I thought I was going to. The only thing I want to see is…

1. A better map. Found it hard to see a place on a map I wanted to get to and had a hard time remembering how.

2. Towns/NPC’s. Or even a hub town.

3. More Merrin.

BotW is not an RPG, it has less RPG elements than God of War and basically all classic Assassin's Creed games except the first one.
if BotW is an RPG then there are basically no other types of AAA games on the market anymore

Whatever you say, dude… whatever you say. Lol

Next week.

1500x500

Star Wars account just updated their logo and header.

https://twitter.com/EAStarWars

Top Bottom