• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars |OT2| Sorry About The Mess...

ManaByte

Ep2QDmLW8AUyK41

sol_bad

Updated the OP for Mando S3 in 2022 and not 2021.

Makes sense if Bob Fettercairn is 4-8 episodes long. Mando S3 won't start until January or February.
I'm sure the aim is to have a new episode of Marvel and Star Wars content weekly to keep people subbed. And I'm sure that was always the plan with Disney+

And the plan would have come to fruition much earlier if Covid didn't happen.

*EDIT*
Thank you phone, Bob Fettercairn was meant to be Boba Fett of course.

Last edited:

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Makes sense if Bob Fettercairn is 4-8 episodes long. Mando S3 won't start until January or February.
I'm sure the aim is to have a new episode of Marvel and Star Wars content weekly to keep people subbed. And I'm sure that was always the plan with Disney+

Yep. We getting like 6 shows in 2022, maybe more, thats easily enough for 52 weeks. I won't be able to let my Disney+ lapse.

2021 is the long wait.

ManaByte

*EDIT*
Thank you phone, Bob Fettercairn was meant to be Boba Fett of course.

Bob Fettercairn sounds like some knock off Boba Fett toy you’d find in Tijuana.

Sub_Level

Getting Knights of the Old Republic to run on Windows 10 is so frustrating. Looked at PC gaming wiki, tried fan patch, tried widescreen fix. Get a black screen continually at the start of every cutscene. Widescreen patch does nothing (and I've read the readme's carefully).

How does this 17 year old piece of shit not have a remaster yet. It was one of the best selling & best reviewed games of 2003. How is this possible.

Looking forward to the Disney+ SW onslaught.. outside of the sequel trilogy, SW has actually been very decent the last couple years.

I enjoyed the SW Battlefront II campaign for what it was (loved seeing Operation Cinder references recently). Fallen Order was fantastic. The new SW LEGO Holiday special was better than the ST, and it still had Rey/Poe/Etc. I liked the characters more as LEGOS!

Mando is great.. the last episodes of Clone Wars were great. I'll stay interested until they push out some turds again.

Sub_Level

Looking forward to the Disney+ SW onslaught.. outside of the sequel trilogy, SW has actually been very decent the last couple years.

I enjoyed the SW Battlefront II campaign for what it was (loved seeing Operation Cinder references recently). Fallen Order was fantastic. The new SW LEGO Holiday special was better than the ST, and it still had Rey/Poe/Etc. I liked the characters more as LEGOS!

Mando is great.. the last episodes of Clone Wars were great. I'll stay interested until they push out some turds again.

Also the general consensus is DICE really fixed Battlefront 2's multiplayer over time. It was a PR dumpster fire at launch. I can't confirm tho, haven't played.

sol_bad

Hello Greedo is the best Star Wars YouTube channel.

I just discovered him now, well, Youtube told me about him now. For years I had watched positive and negative reviews about the Star Wars sequel movies, Youtube would just keep recommending negative videos which was a bit annoying. Now after watching multiple positive videos about Mando S2 finale Youtube decides to suggest positive videos/channels.
And yeah, his channel is good from what I have seen so far.

ManaByte

John Williams' Rise of Skywalker score deserved to be in a better finale:

(that being said, I still like TROS more than TFA if only for it NOT being a remake of ANH. The movie is just Star Wars as written by a Reddit user hopped up on a pixie stick sugar high).

ManaByte

The LEGO Star Wars Holiday Special is great. It’s done as a sequel to the original and pokes fun at everything including TROS.

oagboghi2

i have a hard time imagining Feloni will be able to hold this stuff together. Season 2 of Mando had even fewer ideas than the first, just leaning on nostalgia. the last scene of Season 2 was Boba Fett in Jabba's palace on Tatooine for christ's sake. it's been filler interspersed with nostalgia setpieces. no new story. no interesting new characters. Cara Dune is getting a spinoff? who is she? lol. talk about stretching your material thin. the "Feloni/Favreau is a master" narrative i just can't buy. Mando is a mediocre show with zero story. Boba Fett has to bring Baby Yoda somewhere has been the story from day one. now he doesn't even have that to lean on. what is the story everyone is excited about? there is none. oh wait, they are trying to clone Palpatine, now i remember...

i guess people just want to see more nostalgia. i'm afraid that's not enough for me anymore. i've had my fill of post-Lucas SW backwash. seems to me like they are back to the same "throwing shit at the wall" strategy they abandoned only a year ago. maybe COVID really has changed the game and this will work. it's hard to imagine anyone not subscribed to D+ already for Mando would want to sign up for Andor or Cara Dune or shows about a number of other randos. just a weird strategy to me.
Have you actually been watching the show?

Did a first watch with my 6 year old. Had to decide which route I was going to take. The Vader - Luke path or the Anakin to Vader path. Decided to go in episode order.

My daughter loved Anakin and during Episode 3 she just kept asking why he was giving into his Fear and doing bad things. I think that was the the bigger impact she was going to take from either choice. She forgot about Leia and was only focused on Luke. So ROTJ was a moment that clicked for her with Luke and Leia. After ROTJ we burned thru Mandalorian and she was super excited to see Luke. Once she saw his Glove she lit up.

We currently have no plans to watch the Sequel trilogy.

sol_bad

Did a first watch with my 6 year old. Had to decide which route I was going to take. The Vader - Luke path or the Anakin to Vader path. Decided to go in episode order.

My daughter loved Anakin and during Episode 3 she just kept asking why he was giving into his Fear and doing bad things. I think that was the the bigger impact she was going to take from either choice. She forgot about Leia and was only focused on Luke. So ROTJ was a moment that clicked for her with Luke and Leia. After ROTJ we burned thru Mandalorian and she was super excited to see Luke. Once she saw his Glove she lit up.

We currently have no plans to watch the Sequel trilogy.

It's really weird that you're forcing your opinion on your kids. You should let them watch the sequels and let them make up their own opinion.

Sub_Level

About 30 years too late for that.

Yep. Haven't read them but from what I understand its a lot more Luke Leia and Han. That needed to have happened in the 90s, whether its Thrawn or whatever Lucas would've wanted to do. In another universe Spielberg directs VII instead of Jurassic Park lol. Jurassic Park and Heir to the Empire were published only 7 months apart.

Now if we're talking 2015, a kotor trilogy might have worked. Adam Driver as Revan. Daisy Ridley as Bastila. Idk maybe it would've been terrible but its fun to think about.

ManaByte

Yep. Haven't read them but from what I understand its a lot more Luke Leia and Han. That needed to have happened in the 90s, whether its Thrawn or whatever Lucas would've wanted to do. In another universe Spielberg directs VII instead of Jurassic Park lol. Jurassic Park and Heir to the Empire were published only 7 months apart.

Now if we're talking 2015, a kotor trilogy might have worked. Adam Driver as Revan. Daisy Ridley as Bastila. Idk maybe it would've been terrible but its fun to think about.

You would've never got Spielberg due to him not wanting to leave the director's guild to make a Star Wars movie pre-Disney. The most you got was him directing the lava river animatics part of the duel in Episode III.

Last edited:

Sub_Level

Here's your monthly Star Wars drama alert:

Idk on one hand why would you make fun of a fan for being excited for your product. Thats just bad business.

On the other star wars theory is acting like a bitch. You cried, cool, many grown men cried, but its only natural some people will make fun of you.

ManaByte

Idk on one hand why would you make fun of a fan for being excited for your product. Thats just bad business.

On the other star wars theory is acting like a bitch. You cried, cool, many grown men cried, but its only natural some people will make fun of you.

People made fun of that guy crying at the trailer. But as soon as one of them is made fun of it's WAR.

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
I don't know if it's weird nostalgia or what, but I fondly remember the NJO and will probably re-read it all at some point. I thought about starting it back in the spring during lockdown when baseball was cancelled, but I couldn't find my copy of Vector Prime (I located literally every other book) and the fever passed.

ManaByte

I don't know if it's weird nostalgia or what, but I fondly remember the NJO and will probably re-read it all at some point. I thought about starting it back in the spring during lockdown when baseball was cancelled, but I couldn't find my copy of Vector Prime (I located literally every other book) and the fever passed.

The problem with all of those books is there's always some conference or meeting that the BIG THREE are at when all hell breaks loose and they're just magically at the right spot to be the stars of the adventure.

Top Bottom