• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: Rogue Leader Developers React to 40 Minute Speedrun

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Remember Star Wars Rogue Squadron 2: Rogue Leader for GameCube? Remember how it's still one of the best Star Wars games EVER made? Well ride along with three of the original developers as they watch this fantastic speedrun by DaymanAAA and tell incredible stories about what it was like to make the game.

Star Wars Rogue Squadron II: Rogue Leader is an action game developer by Factor 5 and LucasArts. It was released for Nintendo GameCube back in November 2001. The game spans all three movies in the original Star Wars trilogy, and you play as either Luke Skywalker or Wedge Antilles.

Beer Baelly

Al Pachinko, Konami President
polar bear swimming GIF

phil_t98

#SonyToo

Remember Star Wars Rogue Squadron 2: Rogue Leader for GameCube? Remember how it's still one of the best Star Wars games EVER made? Well ride along with three of the original developers as they watch this fantastic speedrun by DaymanAAA and tell incredible stories about what it was like to make the game.

Star Wars Rogue Squadron II: Rogue Leader is an action game developer by Factor 5 and LucasArts. It was released for Nintendo GameCube back in November 2001. The game spans all three movies in the original Star Wars trilogy, and you play as either Luke Skywalker or Wedge Antilles.

Love this game

Fredrik

~ 27 minutes in:
”Y-You... You just saw him skip all the things we designed...”
-Lead programmer
😅

sinnergy

It was all the talk at my high school. The technical make up was fascinating, effects before their time SSS, bump mapping , volumetrics. Advanced culling . It was one of my launch games.

Last edited:

bender

What time is it?
The visuals for Rogue Leader blew my mind. I'd kill for a re-release of this and the sequel.

S

Shodan09

Unconfirmed Member
After Goldeneye XBLA released, the Rogue Leader Trilogy for Wii has become my next gaming white whale. I believe it's just sitting on a hard drive somewhere fully finished too.

dan76

You got to hope that Rogue Leaders will find its way to the Switch. I've been waiting on it for years. Interesting video, though they didn't really do much reaction, more of a history.

Top Bottom