• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: The Force Unleashed 3 Reportedly In Early Development

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

We can hardly bring ourselves to believe it, either, but according to one industry insider, Star Wars: The Force Unleashed 3 is reportedly in the early stages of development. The rumor comes by way of tipster Daniel Richtman, who has proven to be reliable in the past in regards to revealing Disney’s upcoming plans for the franchise before they’re made official. We can’t stress enough, of course, that everything you read here is strictly unconfirmed, but if we’re to assume, for the sake of discussion, that a sequel to LucasArts’ short-lived series is in the works, the existence of such a project raises some incredibly interesting questions.

Perhaps unsurprisingly, Richtman is either unwilling or unable to share any further details beyond those relayed above, though given that triple-A publisher EA currently owns the rights to everything Star Wars in the realm of video games, we can at least narrow down the potential developer to a handful of names.

We can hardly bring ourselves to believe it, either, but according to one industry insider, Star Wars: The Force Unleashed 3 is reportedly in the early stages of development. The rumor comes by way of tipster Daniel Richtman, who has proven to be reliable in the past in regards to revealing Disney’s upcoming plans for the franchise before they’re made official. We can’t stress enough, of course, that everything you read here is strictly unconfirmed, but if we’re to assume, for the sake of discussion, that a sequel to LucasArts’ short-lived series is in the works, the existence of such a project raises some incredibly interesting questions.

Perhaps unsurprisingly, Richtman is either unwilling or unable to share any further details beyond those relayed above, though given that triple-A publisher EA currently owns the rights to everything Star Wars in the realm of video games, we can at least narrow down the potential developer to a handful of names.
Weird.

I thought all the games going forward except TOR MMO have to be canon?

Does this mean TFU 1 and 2 will be made retroactively canon?

Last edited:

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
We got this covered is never a good source.

Edit: Read too fast, they aren't the source.

Seems like an odd time to bring back this IP.

Last edited:

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
giphy.gif

Please be true

I doubt it. The force unleashed 2 was released 10 years ago. A new game would probably be an unnumbered reboot.
Besides, it's not canon and it wasn't very popular even back then.

Barakov

I doubt this is true, but if it is what kind of dumb mutha fucka would revive this instead of 1313
If this means they retcon the new trilogy then I'm all for a new TFU. But yeah, 1313 should be the first thing they bring back.

Werewolf Jones

Gold Member
Was the tech behind the first game even impressive for the time? I remember them shilling what massive, detailed damage could occur with the force powers.

ExpandKong

Banned
You know what, fuck it I’m down. First game was stupid fun and never played the second. Let’s get more stupid fun up in this bitch

kiphalfton

We got this covered is never a good source.

Edit: Read too fast, they aren't the source.

Seems like an odd time to bring back this IP.

Is it though. Maybe somebody influential played Days Gone, and said "hey we should give that guy another chance".

linkroi

Surprised, i am, i really did like the first game, a very good Beat Em all, but the second was a bit of a disappointment. Hope it will be more like the first game of the serie, long, fun, overall difficult with a nice movesets.

makaveli60

I won't get excited, but I would be more than happy with this.

But I really just wish they'd make a new Jedi Knight, damnit.
Yeah, a Jedi Knight sequel would be a dream come true. But I feel like Jedi Fallen Order is the closest we can get. It was surprisingly very good IMO, I'm waiting for the sequel. Force Unleashed, I don't know... they were kind of mediocre I think. The second game was also like a couple levels only? Though it had better combat.

RAIDEN1

Fallen Order I looked at, but then seeing as it was Demon Souls esque, and the lack of fast-travel when you have to back-track put me off, where as Force Unleashed I have been meaning to get, which for some reason attracts me more..

SCB3

Fallen Order I looked at, but then seeing as it was Demon Souls esque, and the lack of fast-travel when you have to back-track put me off, where as Force Unleashed I have been meaning to get, which for some reason attracts me more..

They do a good job of back tracking via new routes back

GymWolf

Was the tech behind the first game even impressive for the time? I remember them shilling what massive, detailed damage could occur with the force powers.
They had something nice for metal or wood interaction but never like the tech demo they showed

This shit is mindblowing even for today standards, this is the shit we need in games, not fucking rtx.

Last edited:

RAIDEN1

What with Star Wars Squadron broken in single player, Force Unleashed 1 maybe the next best thing to get into...

REDRZA MWS

I dunno, Fallen Order for me was a too 5 game this gen. Whatever backtracking I had to do never really ever get tedious or chore like. I can’t play solid RPG’s anymorw because of that exact reason, tedious back tracking or fetch quests. Kills the flow of the game. Never felt that in Fallen Order.

RAIDEN1

I dunno, Fallen Order for me was a too 5 game this gen. Whatever backtracking I had to do never really ever get tedious or chore like. I can’t play solid RPG’s anymorw because of that exact reason, tedious back tracking or fetch quests. Kills the flow of the game. Never felt that in Fallen Order.
Yeah you say that but one review I read about the game states this: "
And it's madness, frankly, that there's no option to fast travel between the game's version of bonfires, meditation spots - used for resting, causing enemies to respawn, and levelling up skills. Upon reaching a map's goal, you have to get back to your ship, the Mantis - and this means going back the way you came, or thereabouts (as shortcuts can be opened), with all the same headaches of getting through the environmental hiccups and, of course, enemies you already fought through.
While some will revel in taking their sweet time to wander, to not have the choice between walking back and skipping straight to the next story beat is... certainly a design decision that Respawn has made, here."

Top Bottom