• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Stardew Valley 1.1. going live Monday!

rainz

Doing my best to hold out for the console release as i really want to play this just chillin on the couch... Harvest moon etc have usually been portable games or console games for me, I think its the relaxing vibe. Stuff like this is making it real hard not to just grab the PC version to try it though, excellent support from the dev!

ChrisD

lol unfortunately I live in Australia.

I owe an apology for just assuming you were from the US. Sorry, I do that way more than one should. Along with a number of other things that come from not keeping in mind that there IS a whole world out there.

I've played just about every Harvest Moon game.

I've yet to get into this one. The run speed feels so slow.

Ehhh.. Didn't know about the run speed. Not a deal breaker, but I'm glad you pointed this out. That's one of the things I would have noticed quite quickly. Better to know it going in than to be met with an unknown negative early on.

Story of Seasons has really given me the farming sim itch, so I got Stardew Valley about 3 weeks ago. Probably going to start again on a different farm when this patch hits. Seems like there's enough to make it worthwhile with only about 5 hours played.

Stuggernaut

Grandma's Chippy
Playing the beta and noticing a weird graphical "drag" effect that happens a lot. Kind of annoying actually. Researching it now.

I was just trying to place this last night but was having issues with the game crashing every time I tried to load my save. I haven't played since April. Anyone else had this issue?

Mexen

lol unfortunately I live in Australia.

image.php

ShadowOwl

is the update out yet?
No, I guess it won't be released in the next 8 hours as ConcernedApe is located in the US and the beta got another update just a few hours ago
BTW, is there any way to respec those skill perks? I thought that was going to be included in the new update.
Was this stated by CA anywhere?

Btw, some new balance changes:
All animal products are increased in value by 25% (rounded up to the nearest 5g)
The Rancher profession now increases the value of animal products by 20%, up from 10%
The Artisan profession now increases the value of Artisan goods by 40%, down from 50%
The Blacksmith profession now increases the value of metal bars by 50%, up from 25%
The value of Blueberry is now 50g, down from 80g
The value of Starfruit is now 750g, down from 800g
The value of Cranberry is now 75g, down from 130g
The value of Ancient Fruit is now 550g, down from 750g

Rektash

Patiently awaiting the PS4 release here. Quite excited I might add! Games gonna be the perfect after work relaxation game for me!

Amazing! I dont really want to start a new save for the farms, but this will help me finish the game.

Blues and Bullets hasn't had an episode released since 2015 with their only update being that they're 'going through hard times' while their season pass is still in the steam store

'indie devs saving gaming' is a very blanket term
The "a crowd of monsters" game? Doesnt surprise me in the slightlest, let's say, they are a spanish indie publisher...

I'm not sure the perk adjustments are gonna do much to make them worthwhile, but I guess it might help out if you use one of the gimmick farms... but even then Gold Bars with the Blacksmith perk would only be 375 a pop.

It'd probably be nice if the corresponding skill trees got buffed depending on the farm map you pick - like the mining skill tree would have stuff like +2 ore per vein, metal bars being worth 70%, gems are worth 50% more, if you picked the mining map.

Top Bottom