• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Stardew Valley has sold 15 million copies over 5 years

cormack12

Gold Member
Source: https://www.gamedeveloper.com/busin...has-sold-15-million-copies-in-over-five-years

Deserved, beast of a game.

Stardew_Valley_Rebrand.png

Stardew Valley, the fantastical country-life RPG from Eric Barone (a.k.a. 'ConcernedApe'), has sold over 15 million copies to-date.

The milestone was quietly announced on the Stardew Valley press page, and comes over five years after the title launched in February 2016.

Barone spent four years solo-developing Stardew Valley ahead of its initial PC launch, and since then the title has gone from strength-to-strength.

Holammer

Very likely sold more than *ALL* Harvest Moon & Story of Seasons games combined and it's going to continue selling. Yes, the game is an absolute beast.

Got 349h out of it for just 14€ and I'll probably play it again.

McmLfJv.jpg

JCK75

It's really among my favorite games of all time, which is weird because I'm usually the type that needs to shoot something in the face to enjoy a game..
I've purchased it on at least 4 platforms and then again two more times on two platforms for my son.

Kokoloko85

Bloodborne, MGSV, Destiny and Stardew Valley were my most played games last gen. I played a bunch on the PS5 too. Love it and well deserved.
Definitely one of my favourite games of last gen and all together

Last edited:
I love Harvest Moon but have had a difficult time getting roped into this one.

Every time I see a thread like this, I feel like firing it up again on Switch to see where I went wrong.

AJUMP23

Gold Member
I just didn't enjoy this game. I played it for probably 10 hours, put it down, never looked back.

Holammer

I love Harvest Moon but have had a difficult time getting roped into this one.

Every time I see a thread like this, I feel like firing it up again on Switch to see where I went wrong.
Palpatine.jpg

Maybe... You should play it with M+KB?
I tried to play it with a pad, but it does not compare. Same goes for Terraria, playing it with a controller feels like participating in Special Olympics.

FootballTiger

Neo Member
Palpatine.jpg

I tried to play it with a pad, but it does not compare. Same goes for Terraria, playing it with a controller feels like participating in Special Olympics.
The only aspect that I believe is better with a pad is the dungeon crawling. Could just be me though!

Holammer

The only aspect that I believe is better with a pad is the dungeon crawling. Could just be me though!
Yes, it's great for that, but if you need to access inventory it starts to fail imo.
I used a pad to beat the difficult Journey of the Prairie King minigame achievements. Use the best tool for the job.

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
I wonder how much they would have sold if it was priced 60 i stead of 12.

Fucking dumb ass AAA pricing

Xenon

Palpatine.jpg

I played both with controller =P

Though I ended up getting the mobile version of Stardew, touch controls are soooo good for that game.

GeorgPrime

Banned
Source: https://www.gamedeveloper.com/busin...has-sold-15-million-copies-in-over-five-years

Deserved, beast of a game.

Stardew_Valley_Rebrand.png

Stardew Valley, the fantastical country-life RPG from Eric Barone (a.k.a. 'ConcernedApe'), has sold over 15 million copies to-date.

The milestone was quietly announced on the Stardew Valley press page, and comes over five years after the title launched in February 2016.

Barone spent four years solo-developing Stardew Valley ahead of its initial PC launch, and since then the title has gone from strength-to-strength.

And finally

Top Bottom