• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Starfield Dev: "Players Are Gonna Lose Their Minds"

Status
Not open for further replies.

JLB

Banned
Should get them to 30 million plus.

Before Starfield gets released GP will probably already surpass that number.
But yeah, getting what will be the biggest game of the year will be a hit for sure.

Last edited:

JLB

Banned
Why the fuck do you fanatics have to "What about Elden Ring?" everywhere? This has nothing to do with Elden Ring except to you fanboys. FFs now the devs talking about a game is bad for the game because Elden Ring devs don't do that. That is fucking insane.

Also, as if Elder Ring is bug free lol. What a terrible example to use ha.

Im Ready Season 4 GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants
Futurama Mind Blown GIF
Pepsi Refreshing GIF

Ozriel

M$FT
🤣
Go on please make a case that their games aren’t riddled with bugs…game breaking bugs, then left in such a state that the community has to fix them.

That’s a polish issue. A separate discussion.
If you’re going to talk ‘quality’, then you’d be hard pressed to argue that their highly celebrated, much beloved RPGs are horrendous, quality wise.

Reminder that You made that comment as a counter to the dev’s claims that they’d ‘blow minds’ with the next RPG. Something they pulled off with Skyrim, despite the bugs.

N1tr0sOx1d3

Given another chance
That’s a polish issue. A separate discussion.
If you’re going to talk ‘quality’, then you’d be hard pressed to argue that their highly celebrated, much beloved RPGs are horrendous, quality wise.

Reminder that You made that comment as a counter to the dev’s claims that they’d ‘blow minds’ with the next RPG. Something they pulled off with Skyrim, despite the bugs.
Skyrim was indeed good albeit the melee combat was dreadful and the 2 voice actors for every npc. The animations left a lot to be desired and I didn’t like the fact that npcs would just disappear before your eyes as they went into buildings.
That said, Bethesda do indeed transport you to incredible worlds. I just which they would ditch that tired engine of theirs and further develop their systems. They would be god tier then.

Ozriel

M$FT
Skyrim was indeed good albeit the melee combat was dreadful and the 2 voice actors for every npc. The animations left a lot to be desired and I didn’t like the fact that npcs would just disappear before your eyes as they went into buildings.
That said, Bethesda do indeed transport you to incredible worlds. I just which they would ditch that tired engine of theirs and further develop their systems. They would be god tier then.

Yeah, they did say they’ve dramatically overhauled their engine for both Starfield and the next Elder Scrolls.
Simultaneous Engine upgrades + game development can be tricky (see 343i for example) but fingers crossed they pull this off.

Impossible for an open world game not to have bugs, but let’s hope it’s the amusing kind and not the “save progress wiped after 50 hours” kind

Jennings

Elden Ring continues to surprise me. I'm not expecting the same level of awe and surprise at Starfield, but I would love for it to blow me away. But with Skyrim being the last good Bethesda game I don't expect much. Fingers crossed.

Starfield

Elden Ring continues to surprise me. I'm not expecting the same level of awe and surprise at Starfield, but I would love for it to blow me away. But with Skyrim being the last good Bethesda game I don't expect much. Fingers crossed.
I think people are severely underestimating what Bethesda Game Studios is capable of. Most seem to judge from recent output such as 76 and F4 which imo skews the complete picture.

People are gonna be in shock this summer....

Sony guys are like Democrats they just get in a room and all show up with the same talking points huh!? 😂 still excited for starfeild let’s see if they live up to all the marketing they’ve had for this game so far.

I’m more of a Xbox guy

We know how these things work , they should wait until we have seen some decent amount of gameplay before the hype train pulls in. Mouthing off like that is narrow minded.

And let’s be honest, considering this is no longer on PlayStation, it’s going to be nitpicked endlessly regardless , any fault no matter how minor will be scrutinised and overblown.

I’m cautiously optimistic. I didn't like Fallout 4 at all, and didn’t even bother with 76 for obvious reasons. But this is a new IP, and they’ve been working on it for a while now, so they must have something to show for it unless they really went through development hell or something.

tvdaXD

If the game releases, without the need of a day-1 patch, hotfix and pre order nonsense and just works from the get go I will lose my mind.

A single player only Bethesda RPG. I'm just as excited for this as I am for botw2 and god of war ragnarok. That xbox show in the summer is shaping up to be very good.

Mr Hyde

Given your constant takes of not being interested in Xbox yet showing up in xbox related topics to troll, I assumed your challenge was an affordability issue. Glad to hear I was mistaken.

Trolling? It's Bethesda we're talking about. Do you actually think they will deliver a polished experience this time? Maybe it's you who should take off your fanboy goggles for a second, but given that you're in here and compulsively responding to everyone that is not in line with the hype I highly doubt it.

DavidGzz

Why the fuck do you fanatics have to "What about Elden Ring?" everywhere? This has nothing to do with Elden Ring except to you fanboys. FFs now the devs talking about a game is bad for the game because Elden Ring devs don't do that. That is fucking insane.

I'm talking about the hyperbolic comments about their game. First the dev talking about Everwild and now this one. Like I said, it just seems like it will get people overhyped or make them laugh. Not sure why my opinion of these statements is causing hyperbolic backlash from you defenders, but I can see why you like these type of statements going by your hyperbolic post.

For all the shit Bethesda gets, they typically don't show the game off till about 5 or 6 months before its release. Todd has always said that he would rather show the game at the last possible moment. Them showing an Elder Scrolls 6 "teaser" made absolutely no sense at the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom