• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Starfield Dev: "Players Are Gonna Lose Their Minds"

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have very little faith it's going to meet the "Summer" release date, most likely it'll get pushed to Fall or beyond.

Yeah I’m feeling October for it.
June or July: Grounded
August: A Plague Tale Requeim (Game Pass)
September: Deathloop
October: Redfall, Forza Motorsport
November: Starfield

Last edited:

Ozriel

M$FT
Basically a whole lot of guesswork. You're talking about 2023 with absolute authority when you have no idea what's coming to GamePass.

Fable coming in 2023 😁😁
Hellblade is likely coming in 2023 when the devs havent indicated anything regarding the release date. Sure OK lol.

Is this a language barrier? Or some comprehension failings on your part? Because I can’t see how I used the term ‘likely’ and you’re here claiming I’m speaking with ‘absolute authority’.

Do you know there’s an excellent free online dictionary at Dictionary dot com?

Redfall is getting delayed - another game which has zero gameplay footage.

Who knows? I can only go with the release date MS provided. And we’ve seen leaked alpha gameplay.

I'm glad you can play Returnal now it's on a subscription service. Bravo 😄

Eh. It wasn’t something I was going to pay $70 for, and the save situation soured me off it at launch.

But at least I can play it on my PS5. Did you manage to get yours?

Last edited:

Hezekiah

Banned
Is this a language barrier? Or some comprehension failings on your part? Because I can’t see how I used the term ‘likely’ and you’re here claiming I’m speaking with ‘absolute authority’.

Do you know there’s an excellent free online dictionary at Dictionary dot com?

Who knows? I can only go with the release date MS provided. And we’ve seen leaked alpha gameplay.

Eh. It wasn’t something I was going to pay $70 for, and the save situation soured me off it at launch.

But at least I can play it on my PS5. Did you manage to get yours?
You speaking with absolute authority was in relation to you claiming that "there’s a packed slate of games scheduled for Gamepass in 2022 and 2023. First and third party", when for the most part you have no idea what third-party games are coming. Or first-party for that matter. Comprehension fail I guess.

You can delude yourself about upcoming games - all you're doing is setting yourself for disappointment.

Leaked alpha gameplay ffs 😂😂😂. Ok let me spell it out for you since you're struggling. We've seen absolutely no officially released footage for a game supposedly due in June. Just a CGI trailer ages ago.

Returnal is $50 on the Playstation Store, but I guess you to get in your petty quip about subscription services.

Ozriel

M$FT
You speaking with absolute authority was in relation to you claiming that "there’s a packed slate of games scheduled for Gamepass in 2022 and 2023. First and third party", when for the most part you have no idea what third-party games are coming. Or first-party for that matter. Comprehension fail I guess.

You can delude yourself about upcoming games - all you're doing is setting yourself for disappointment.

Ah. I think your issues are vision related…and that can be solved by heading over to SpecSavers. Because I listed multiple third party games with confirmed roadmaps for release. Crusader Kings 3, Replaced, Scorn, STALKER, Atomic Hearts, MLB The Show, a Plague’s Tale 2, Warhammer 40000 Darktide, Trek to Yomi, FIfA 2022, Battlefield 2042 and As Dusk Falls are all confirmed 3rd party games coming to Gamepass in 2022, with STALKER looking to be most likely candidate to slip to 23.
None of this is ‘guesswork’.

Reading is hard, eh? 😀

Leaked alpha gameplay ffs 😂😂😂. Ok let me spell it out for you since you're struggling. We've seen absolutely no officially released footage for a game supposedly due in June. Just a CGI trailer ages ago.

To spell it out for you, it was being play-tested last year, so it’s certainly deep in production.

Will it make June 2022? Possibly not. Perhaps a delay, who knows? but it’s still - at last count - a 2022 game.

I’ll let you worry about any ‘concerns’ 😂

Returnal is $50 on the Playstation Store, but I guess you to get in your petty quip about subscription services.

Now this is a major Freudian Slip on your part, since a huge part of your post history is you telling the whole world you’ll play xbox exclusives on PC, with the cheapest Gamepass deals you can find.

I’m less financially constrained than you, and not constrained by hardware or platform warring so I don’t need to do or say that. It simply wasn’t in my plans to buy the game at this point, but since it’ll be added to my library as a Plus Premium subscriber, I might as well play it. Still giving Sony my money, long term.

Nice try though 😂

Hezekiah

Banned
Ah. I think your issues are vision related…and that can be solved by heading over to SpecSavers. Because I listed multiple third party games with confirmed roadmaps for release. Crusader Kings 3, Replaced, Scorn, STALKER, Atomic Hearts, MLB The Show, a Plague’s Tale 2, Warhammer 40000 Darktide, Trek to Yomi, FIfA 2022, Battlefield 2042 and As Dusk Falls are all confirmed 3rd party games coming to Gamepass in 2022, with STALKER looking to be most likely candidate to slip to 23.
None of this is ‘guesswork’.

Reading is hard, eh? 😀

To spell it out for you, it was being play-tested last year, so it’s certainly deep in production.

Will it make June 2022? Possibly not. Perhaps a delay, who knows? but it’s still - at last count - a 2022 game.

I’ll let you worry about any ‘concerns’ 😂

Now this is a major Freudian Slip on your part, since a huge part of your post history is you telling the whole world you’ll play xbox exclusives on PC, with the cheapest Gamepass deals you can find.

I’m less financially constrained than you, and not constrained by hardware or platform warring so I don’t need to do or say that. It simply wasn’t in my plans to buy the game at this point, but since it’ll be added to my library as a Plus Premium subscriber, I might as well play it. Still giving Sony my money, long term.

Nice try though 😂
Do you understand what 'for the most part means'? You're talking about a 21 month period and have plucked a handful of games out 😄 - including the dumpster fire that is BF 2042 (think I'd rather play Replaced lol). Have fun with that 😁😁

Comprehension is definitely not your strong point. Neither is realism it seems 😂

'At last count' yes you're primarily interested in list wars, not whether it's any good. Tbf there's more chance of Redfall coming out in 2022 than Fable coming in 2023 though 😁

No it's not a Freudian slip at all. You were claiming that you wouldn't pay $70 for it, and I pointed out it's actually $50. It's strange because some people on this forum act like game remain $70 forever. I wonder why that might be 🤔

In any case, it's true that Playstation exclusives have higher production values than their Xbox equivalents (see Halo Infinite) so I'm more likely to buy them, and play MS ones on GamePass rather than own them.

What annoys me with Starfield is that the marketing has kinda started but they’re drip feeding us with mostly annoying nonsense. I think they should open the lid, especially now that E3 is cancelled.

I think this drip feed of info is justified for something like Starfield.

It's a new IP. It needs some world building. With apparently different systems from their previous games.

Actually I am impressed that Bethesda is taking world building with this game so seriously. They have a clear vision this game is realistic take on space exploration.

Still proof is in the pudding. Waiting for the gameplay.

Fredrik

You were claiming that you wouldn't pay $70 for it, and I pointed out it's actually $50.
It’s 25% off until April 14th, it’s been that several times now. Unfortunately it doesn’t help much for some of us, it’s still $67 at my location when $90 is the standard price.

I’ll sign up to the new PS+ to finally get Returnal cheap, plus Miles Morales, if the service is great I’ll keep the sub and if it isn’t I at least got to play a few games I was interested in for less money. Same reason I sub to Gamepass. I get to play more games for less money. Win-win. 👍

Last edited:

reksveks

They not releasing Redfall, Forza Motorsport in the same month lol
Why not?

Two different audiences and GP kinda reduces the possibility of cannibalisation of sales.

I think there has to be 1 month with a two first party games cause I don't see them pushing FM8 till Dec.

Last edited:
Why not?

Two different audiences and GP kinda reduces the possibility of cannibalisation of sales.

I think there has to be 1 month with a two first party games cause I don't see them pushing FM8 till Dec.
Gamepass is 1 thing but they still release on PC and you can still buy it
it is not gamepass exclusive

Horizon Forbidden West and Gran Turismo 7 released 2 weeks apart.
Lol?
That was a bad release should have spread them more apart like example it is April and Sony got nothing to release should have save GT7 for april in my opinion
also Forbidden West came close to Elden Ring which got totally overshadown by Elden Ring lol

Who is the new Waifu mascot/character for Starfield
Rq5IlgF.gif

reksveks

Was making my point that games release should be spread out more it will be good for the game
Good for sales or engagement maybe but quality, nope.

I don't think it impacts sales that much cause the audience is different and think Microsoft rather have two games to sell the console around Xmas.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Was making my point that games release should be spread out more it will be good for the game

To be fair, that already got a 1 year delay from its original release date. Looking at the state of their development pipeline, another 6~8 months delay likely wouldn't have helped much in implementing more things like Forge and campaign co-op at launch.

Nydius

I've heard this hype too many times over the last decade to fall victim to it again. Watch_Dogs, Destiny, Anthem, No Man's Sky, Cyberpunk, everything Peter Molyneaux was involved with, Kojima fans hyping up the latest Kojima project, et cetera.

I'll judge for myself when it hits Game Pass. Until then, I'm just expecting it to be another Bethesda game: Wide but shallow in many spots with a lackluster narrative and full of bugs. I hope they prove me wrong.

Last edited:
To be fair, that already got a 1 year delay from its original release date. Looking at the state of their development pipeline, another 6~8 months delay likely wouldn't have helped much in implementing more things like Forge and campaign co-op at launch.
Yeah well they should have delay it another year cause a rush game is forever bad wile a delay game is eventually good
however that quote goes lol

Good for sales or engagement maybe but quality, nope.

I don't think it impacts sales that much cause the audience is different and think Microsoft rather have two games to sell the console around Xmas.
OK but should still spread out the games release by at least 1 month

kingfey

Banned
Yeah well they should have delay it another year cause a rush game is forever bad wile a delay game is eventually good
however that quote goes lol
Delayed games, doesn't mean anything, if your gameplay isn't cooked well.

Cyberpunk2077 got delayed, until people got pissed off, and we got shit show, when it come to launch.

As for MS, there was supposed to be stalker 2, but war happened, and it needed a delay too.

Covid fucked up everything. Alot of games are delayed, because of that. Sony, Nintendo, MS, and 3rd party suffered from covid lockdown.

Delayed games, doesn't mean anything, if your gameplay isn't cooked well.

Cyberpunk2077 got delayed, until people got pissed off, and we got shit show, when it come to launch.

As for MS, there was supposed to be stalker 2, but war happened, and it needed a delay too.

Covid fucked up everything. Alot of games are delayed, because of that. Sony, Nintendo, MS, and 3rd party suffered from covid lockdown.
Seriously 2077 needed another 2-3 years the bugs didn't really bother me as i play it on PC and not a weak ass 2013 console lol
it the lack of side content and bad AI and Physics and bad RPG content that made me quit playing it
so yes delay the game if need be cause a rush game is forever bad

kingfey

Banned
Seriously 2077 needed another 2-3 years the bugs didn't really bother me as i play it on PC and not a weak ass 2013 console lol
it the lack of side content and bad AI and Physics and bad RPG content that made me quit playing it
so yes delay the game if need be cause a rush game is forever bad
The game has 2 games inside of it. The previous project, which was scrapped, and the new project.
And the rest is scrambled, with barebone game.
Story good, gameplay shit.
Music rocks though.

The game has 2 games inside of it. The previous project, which was scrapped, and the new project.
And the rest is scrambled, with barebone game.
Story good, gameplay shit.
Music rocks though.
So we agree that it ok to delay a big open world role playing game that is meant to be play for like the entire console generation 7-10 years plus like Skyrim and GTA 5 style
If Starfield is meant to be the next game that is gone to be played for 10 plus years then i have no problem if they delay it cause what is a year or 2 of delay difference to a game that will be played for a whole gen that why i think CDPR rushed Cyberpunk cause it should have been a game that is played for a whole generation like Skyrim but oh well they blew it

kingfey

Banned
So we agree that it ok to delay a big open world role playing game that is meant to be play for like the entire console generation 7-10 years plus like Skyrim and GTA 5 style
If Starfield is meant to be the next game that is gone to be played for 10 plus years then i have no problem if they delay it cause what is a year or 2 of delay difference to a game that will be played for a whole gen that why i think CDPR rushed Cyberpunk cause it should have been a game that is played for a whole generation like Skyrim but oh well they blew it
Starfield benefit, was that nothing was shown. The devs had a long time to finish the game on their time.
Showing the date, meant the game is ready.

Starfield benefit, was that nothing was shown. The devs had a long time to finish the game on their time.
Showing the date, meant the game is ready.
Yes i think it will be release on November 11th but even if not i would not lose sleep over it cause like i said a rush game will face major backlash once they see how barebone it is wile a delay game will face less backlash in the long run lol

yurinka

Yeah I’m feeling October for it.
June or July: Grounded
August: A Plague Tale Requeim (Game Pass)
September: Deathloop
October: Redfall, Forza Motorsport
November: Starfield
Did they mention a 2022 date for Forza, or did mention recently something about its progress?

The last thing I remember from it is that Phil said it was in early development when it got announced. It's supposed to be a reboot and prety likely the first next gen only game of the team and its engine.

That date would have make sense a couple of years ago since they mentioned that for the first couple of years their games would be crossgen, so around that month we should expect them (their pre-acquisiions madness big teams) to release at least some next gen only games, and I think Forza will be the first big one. And after that covid happened. So combining everything I'd see more likely a 2023 release.

Ozriel

M$FT
Did they mention a 2022 date for Forza, or did mention recently something about its progress?

The last thing I remember from it is that Phil said it was in early development when it got announced. It's supposed to be a reboot and prety likely the first next gen only game of the team and its engine.

That date would have make sense a couple of years ago since they mentioned that for the first couple of years their games would be crossgen, so around that month we should expect them (their pre-acquisiions madness big teams) to release at least some next gen only games, and I think Forza will be the first big one. And after that covid happened. So combining everything I'd see more likely a 2023 release.

It’s Turn 10. They’re extremely efficient, and aren’t rebuilding their engine. Their last game was in 2017.

Extremely likely to be a 2022 release. I don’t see it being likely that a studio famed for releasing games on a 2 year schedule would take 6 years to put out the next one.

reksveks

It's been in closed beta for about a year and it's been 5 years since the last FM. I would say that it's a 90% chance of a 2022 release.

Snake29

RSI Employee of the Year
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom