• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Starfield Dev: "Players Are Gonna Lose Their Minds"

Status
Not open for further replies.

"Bethesda Game Studios veteran Emil Pagliarulo, who has worked at the Fallout and Elder Scrolls studio for 19 years, has shared a little more insight on Starfield. In an employee profile on Bethesda's website, the developer said the sci-fi RPG is going to offer "something really special" that will make players go wild.

"Saying you're going to create the studio’s first new IP in twenty years is one thing. Actually pulling that off, that's a different story," Pagliarulo said. "It's been so awe-inspiring watching Starfield morph into this amazing game, little by little, and with us covering SO much new ground."

vg7FYYp.gif

Doubt it. People were already losing their minds over something they haven't seen.This combined with what they said. There is no way a game can meet that expectation. When they are done fooling themselves, they'll realize it just looks like andromedia. They are so confident, but won't show anything beyond artwork.

Last edited:

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
I like how From software were quiet AF. The finished product spoke for itself. These statements will do more harm than good.

huh ? Elden Ring had a full on preview cycle and a beta a few months before release which got the full round of coverage in the press circuit and numerous interviews in Famitsu before launch.

You didn't hear their reps talk so much about the game cause ya know, they're based in Japan and don't really have that kind of candor like Western developers tend to do in Western media.

adamsapple

We have nothing we are willing to show, but it's going to be super amazing, trust us.

- Peter Molyneux, Sean Murray, "Starfield Dev"

I love the regular suspects blindly cheering this says-nothing comment.

Yeah, because this line is from an employee profile, not a game preview lol.

I love the regular suspects blindly hating this benign comment.

DavidGzz

huh ? Elden Ring had a full on preview cycle and a beta a few months before release which got the full round of coverage in the press circuit and numerous interviews in Famitsu before launch.

You didn't hear their reps talk so much about the game cause ya know, they're based in Japan and don't really have that kind of candor like Western developers tend to do in Western media.

Where are the hyperbolic quotes? That's what I'm talking about. Yeah, they showed the game. What's wrong with that?

adamsapple

Where are the hyperbolic quotes? That's what I'm talking about. Yeah, they showed the game. What's wrong with that?

The implication that "From stayed quiet" is not accurate.

Also, the topic is about a line taken from a persons profile ffs.

Last edited:

S0ULZB0URNE

They had quite a few interviews before launch.
No dumb bragging shit.

Anyway I am looking forward to the big Starfield showing that we know is coming.

luffie

I like how From software were quiet AF. The finished product spoke for itself. These statements will do more harm than good.
Yeah, they don't hype or claim to vlow anyone's mind, they just said, it's Dark Souls open world.

And when they dropped the trailer, it was fire, tons of real gameplay, none of those cgi stuffs. And when we played the game, it was what they said and MORE.

I will never buy all these studio's hypes.

DavidGzz

The implication that "From stayed quiet" is not accurate.

Also, the topic is about a line taken from a persons profile ffs.

Goddamn, the other side defends just as pathetically as the blue side. The people defending the PS+ tiers and now you. Maybe they should tell their employees to be quiet about the game. He still represents the game and company.

Last edited:

Dr Bass

Oh yeah, I can see this becoming a staple.
The only problem is Smith struts off like he thinks he's a bad ass but ... he hardly even phased Rock. It reminds me of those kids who would try to act tough by "shoving" someone up by the shoulders and it wouldn't do anything at all. Then the other kid who understands leverage gets his weight behind a shove and throws the first kid on his ass into a pile of trash cans. So not only is Smith now guilty of assault, he looked like a complete toolshed while doing it.

Anyway. Besides the point. I just figure the usage of that GIF is gonna be kinda weak is my point.

kingfey

Banned
The only problem is Smith struts off like he thinks he's a bad ass but ... he hardly even phased Rock. It reminds me of those kids who would try to act tough by "shoving" someone up by the shoulders and it wouldn't do anything at all. Then the other kid who understands leverage gets his weight behind a shove and throws the first kid on his ass into a pile of trash cans. So not only is Smith now guilty of assault, he looked like a complete toolshed while doing it.

Anyway. Besides the point. I just figure the usage of that GIF is gonna be kinda weak is my point.
slap slapping GIF

• LOL
Reactions: K2D
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom