• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Starfield: Painting a Journey Through Space

Vasto

Explore the artistic process in the latest Starfield video, featuring artist Mike Butkus hard at work on Starfield’s “Journey Through Space” art. Starfield arrives exclusively on Xbox Series X|S and PC on 11.11.22. Play it day one with Xbox Game Pass.

Exclusive Signed Starfield Art Giveaway​

Do you want to win your very own high-quality print of the art seen in the video? All you have to do is become a member of the Constellation group by March 31, 2022, and you’ll be automatically entered to win. If you’re already a Constellation member, you’re all set! Once the deadline has passed, two members will be selected at random, and winners will receive an exclusive high-quality print signed by Mike Butkus and Game Director Todd Howard. See the official rules here for complete details on the giveaway.

Haggard

Banned
E7aCL00VUAAzfhO.jpg

Don't shoot me, but am I the only one fearing that this is just Fallout... in space?

I fell off Fallout 4, just got tired of the terrible gun play and gameplay loop. Never even tried to touch Fallout 76 because of all the big complaints and shit, but I am hearing that is very much improved and ppl who stuck with it really like it.

Last edited:

jaysius

Banned
This is not for the gamers, this is for investors to show some "work" is being done. To keep them at bay while the game gets worked on.

iHaunter

How the hell is there STILL no gameplay for this? There's no way this isn't just Fallout in Space as stated above. I don't see it. They're too scared to show in-game.

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
Don't shoot me, but am I the only one fearing that this is just Fallout... in space?

I fell off Fallout 4, just got tired of the terrible gun play and gameplay loop. Never even tried to touch Fallout 76 because of all the big complaints and shit, but I am hearing that is very well much improved and ppl who stuck with it really like it.

Next gen + PC only is giving me hope. They no doubt saw all the criticism of Fallout 4 and then the embarrassing FO76.

This is gonna be Todds magnum opus.

Sosokrates

Report me if I continue to console war
I wonder if there will be cryosleep or if it will be unnecessary because of warp drive.

eI2iTfj.gif

ManaByte

Gold Member
How the hell is there STILL no gameplay for this? There's no way this isn't just Fallout in Space as stated above. I don't see it. They're too scared to show in-game.
Todd Howard doesn't show gameplay until the E3 before release. That's how it worked for Skyrim and Fallout 4. There will be gameplay in June, then you'll play it in November. He doesn't show his games at 4 E3s in a row before releasing them.

Sosokrates

You press the launch button the screen fades to black, Then you see a series of Tips and gameplay hints, and then fade in to new area.

I hope fast travel will be an option but you can also do sub light starship control and walk around the ship and do other tasks at warp.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?

I fell off Fallout 4, just got tired of the terrible gun play and gameplay loop. Never even tried to touch Fallout 76 because of all the big complaints and shit, but I am hearing that is very much improved and ppl who stuck with it really like it.

Not Fallout, Skyrim in space.

If I'm not mistaken, Todd made that analogy himself.

Sosokrates

Dont play it then.

K2D

Banned
In a future hopefully not that far away, an Xbox with Elderscrolls VI, a new Fallout, and another yet uncertain game will be waiting for me to hook up to my big screen.

Maybe this will be it..

Top Bottom