• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Starfield Showcase Rumored to Be Announced Next Week

Vasto

It is no surprise that Starfield is currently the most wishlisted game on Steam. It is the first new IP conceived by Bethesda Game Studios, the developer behind megahit franchises like Elder Scrolls and Fallout, in the last twenty-five years. It's also their first to be set in a sci-fi universe, which they described as 'Nasapunk' to convey the idea of a relatively grounded spacefaring future.

feynoob

Banned
I am ready todd.
Lift Off E3 GIF by Xbox

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Cant wait. Even better is that Bethesda games allow mods. So unless Bethesda wants to crack down on them, expect the community to do lots of improvements (content, QoL adjustments and patches) which make the game better.

Fallout 4 and Skyrim mods are awesome.

Chukhopops

Cant wait. Even better is that Bethesda games allow mods. So unless Bethesda wants to crack down on them, expect the community to do lots of improvements (content, QoL adjustments and patches) which make the game better.

Fallout 4 and Skyrim mods are awesome.
Mod support was already confirmed and was described as « going to be a dream » for mod makers by the man Todd himself.

Only question is how far that mod support will go on console and how the game will balance CC mods and normal mods.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Mod support was already confirmed and was described as « going to be a dream » for mod makers by the man Todd himself.

Only question is how far that mod support will go on console and how the game will balance CC mods and normal mods.
We need some mods to replicate Aliens. Pulse rifles and that handheld sensor.

Riky

$MSFT
Great news, can't wait to be able to sink my teeth into something as expansive as a Bethesda single player RPG in a truly next gen setting, we just haven't had that sort of scale for a next gen game yet.
Will probably take up years of my life.
Hopefully Gamepass owners will get a season pass option like FH5 where you get early access.

Fredrik

Hopefully Gamepass owners will get a season pass option like FH5 where you get early access.
Would be smarter to do early access for 2 weeks on the deluxe edition to get in some extra money from people like myself who usually just leech on Gamepass until there is a big sale.

Either way, I’m in day 1 on Steam for this one. I’ll probably try it on Xbox through Gamepass to taste the home-theater experience but the real playing will be on Steam because of mods.
Most anticipated release for me right now. Seems like a mix of Mass Effect, Elder Scrolls and No Man’s Sky - can’t go wrong with that!👌

FeralEcho

We have a rumour of an announcement of a date of an announcement.

This fucking industry never fails to make me laugh.It's like a perpetual joke with no punchline.

Anyway looking forward to seeing more of Starfield,hopefully they show the Series S version in action some more as well cuz with Bethesda I'm a bit skeptical on the technical aspect especially with such an ambitious game.

Tommi84

Can you at least fix the stupid Dawnguard DLC for Skyrim so that I can actually go past the FIRST stupid quest?

No? Yeah, not giving you sny money Beth, then

Last edited:

Fredrik

But will it be 60FPS on console?
Nothing is detailed yet. Don’t expect it until they mention it, Todd has said in interviews that he think their games works well in 30fps so I think that’s a hint of what we’ll get on console, maybe a 40fps mode for modern TVs.

Nothing is detailed yet. Don’t expect it until they mention it, Todd has said in interviews that he think their games works well in 30fps so I think that’s a hint of what we’ll get on console, maybe a 40fps mode for modern TVs.

Doesn’t look like a fast twitch game so 30fps is fine as long as the rez is sharp and high

Fredrik

Doesn’t look like a fast twitch game so 30fps is fine as long as the rez is sharp and high
Maybe. But it’s still first person and there is shooting and spaceship dogfighting, I think there will be plenty of complaints. I’ll be on PC anyway, I just hope it’s not another shader loading stutter struggle release.

Last edited:

Mr Hyde

Very excited for this one. I have poured countless of hours into Skyrim so I'm expecting Starfield to deliver the same kind of experience. The sci-fi setting is intriguing and could pave the way for an interesting story and some very cool exploration. A deep dive would be welcomed, really need to see more gameplay, different planets and the rpg mechanics, even though I figure it will function largely the same as Fallout and ES.

Top Bottom