• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Starfield: The Endless Pursuit Episode 1 (7min dev diary)

Starfield

First in-game screenshots (kind of). you c an see the HUD on the left being cut-off

unknown.png

enjoy
unknown.png

Screenshot_20211130-090926.jpg

Screenshot_20211130-090934.jpg
unknown.png

Last edited:
Are you a Bethesda PR guy? Can you promise it won't be released a broken and buggy mess like Fallout 76? Why should we trust Bethesda after years of a proven track record of selling gamers knowingly broken products?
He is a fan. Just posted a video, why you getting so worked up?. Every game got bugs, some more and some less. Just coz Fallout 76 was buggy and bad at launch, that means every Todd Horward game will be bad especially now they MS backing?

You sound salty coz some people are excited?

reksveks

Endless pursuit for some actual gameplay.
I don't think you will get it till E3.

Are you a Bethesda PR guy? Can you promise it won't be released a broken and buggy mess like Fallout 76? Why should we trust Bethesda after years of a proven track record of selling gamers knowingly broken products?

I wouldn't try any game dev included the best of them, they are all fallible but the good news is that you don't have to trust them unless you decide to pre-order the game.

If they allow modding of the planets (like creating new planets) we might get even ports of Skyrim or Morrowind worlds into Starfield

I was thinking about that and hoping that they would introduce a way for modders to introduce sectors of the universe. I wonder how that could/would work.

I was thinking about that and hoping that they would introduce a way for modders to introduce sectors of the universe. I wonder how that could/would work.
For now we don't know the world design, but looking at BGS games history - almost all the tools available for developers are also available to modders.

reksveks

For now we don't know the world design, but looking at BGS games history - almost all the tools available for developers are also available to modders.
BGS made all mod's free / unmonetizable for Skyrim, right? I wonder if they will try and reverse that in this game. Just playing out the possibilities here.

p.s I don't think it's necessarily a bad thing if you have it well curated and fair in terms of payouts.

Ellery

Looking forward to this a lot. I think already having a set release date is kind of premature given it is still a full year away and Bethesda doesn't have the best track record when it comes to the technical state of games, but I really want this to be as good as possible.
A SciFi world like this to immerse into would be awesome.

darkangel-212559

Dreamcast Love
He is a fan. Just posted a video, why you getting so worked up?. Every game got bugs, some more and some less. Just coz Fallout 76 was buggy and bad at launch, that means every Todd Horward game will be bad especially now they MS backing?

You sound salty coz some people are excited?
I'm not salty because people are excited. That's not my place.

I'm salty because I'm tired of this shit.

Boss Mog

Skyrim in Space. End of story.

flyable space ships, open world exploration, drivable rovers, etc
But is there fighting aliens? If so with what? Laser guns? Is it all real time combat? Is there ship combat? Is there a set story or do you just explore and make your own story as you go?

Desless1

My only hope here is a game which I can use to set my own print on how space exploration will be. And for now, it seems to let me do just that. Exploration, in the dark vastness of space.

Howard sure knows how to tease, with two step out moments. Curious.

psilva

I'm very excited for this. The artwork looks beautiful, lots of style. Sure, we've been let down before, but there is no harm in being optimistic.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Need to something a lot more substantial for me to care.

And if this isn't on Steak day 1 then it's a no go. Sorry it has to be like that.

Well it may also be on Gamepass so there's that.

Starfield

But is there fighting aliens? If so with what? Laser guns? Is it all real time combat? Is there ship combat? Is there a set story or do you just explore and make your own story as you go?
ofc there is fighting aliens. Theres all sorts of guns like pistols, shotguns, hunting rifles, automatic PDWs, assault rifles and so on.

real time combat like in Fallout 4 or Skyrim, yes.

ship combat...well I could say yes but lets just wait ;P one step at a time

there is a set story, there is also multiple factions you can join (kinda like in Skyrim)

the game is focused on exploration. and yes

BGS made all mod's free / unmonetizable for Skyrim, right? I wonder if they will try and reverse that in this game. Just playing out the possibilities here.

p.s I don't think it's necessarily a bad thing if you have it well curated and fair in terms of payouts.
What? Modding has always been free on PC for BGS games. Creation Club was just a set of curated mods, but nobody prevented you from not using it. I personally used Nexus/SKSE/FNIS and other stuff and never used Creation Club.

On Xbox modding is a separate matter and I don't see anybody allowing running unsigned executables there for truly advanced mods.

Last edited:

reksveks

Creation Club was just a set of curated mods, but nobody prevented you from not using it
I used NexusMod previously but I thought there was a whole set of uproar about some of the mods in Creation Club being paid for. I don't personally get it however my point is whether they would introduce paid mods again in the future (which i don't see as a bad thing)

Top Bottom