• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Starfield. What's up? Still 15+ months out, what are your expectations, your wishes

Plantoid

I'm expecting nothing but the best the industry has to offer in terms of RPG, I want another skyrim-level game, "stellar" 10/10 reviews

I've put more than 500 hours in Skyrim

Starfield

it's bethesda so i'm not getting too excited. it's just gonna be basically the same as skyrim/fallout 4 but with a space theme. so far we have fantasy setting for ES, post apocalyptic/retro futuristic with Fallout, and Starfield will likely be a space/cyberpunk setting with all the usual classic bethesda jank.
It's actually more like Oblivion and Morrowind. Focusing on RPG elements.

Jaybe

I’m keeping my expectations in check. No one really does these type of games which I enjoy a lot and Fallout 4 was fine, but not great.

On performance and graphics, as I understand it is cross-gen with an Xbox one version. Hoping they drop that to focus on the current gen performance hopefully making patches and DLC easier to come out with and stable.

Last edited:

Starfield

There will be 2 main pillars on this game:

1. Exploration (with a focus on less "follow the map marker" but actual E X P L O R A T I O N, think of it like in Outer Wilds
  2. Settlement/colony building. There will be barren planets for you to build a colony on and support/defend it.
and something else

but lets just say thats a rumour, or me "hoping"

Toots

Gold Member
I don't know what to expect, but what you're telling Starfield Starfield about the game is making me salivating hard :messenger_savoring:
I hope there will be more exploration and less colony building (which i suppose will be like the system they introduced in Fallout 4)
But then again...
2883999-7054562775-k7kpM.jpg

FunkMiller

I would like to see a microtransaction free, bug free, single player experience in a well realised, narratively dense and immersive world (with a VR option hopefully).

I'm expecting a bug-filled, half finished game, with lots of microtransactions and multiplayer GaaS-like bullcrap, that will still probably be okay, but nowhere near what it could have been.

JOEVIAL

Has a voluptuous plastic labia
There will be 2 main pillars on this game:

1. Exploration (with a focus on less "follow the map marker" but actual E X P L O R A T I O N, think of it like in Outer Wilds
  2. Settlement/colony building. There will be barren planets for you to build a colony on and support/defend it.
and something else

but lets just say thats a rumour, or me "hoping"

It's too early to tell what Starfield will have, but I can say I wasn't a fan of settlements/base building in Fallout 4. I no longer enjoy spending an obscene amount of time building something in a digital world for no purpose. It's good that this aspect can be entirely avoided in Fallout 4, so hopefully Starfield will have something similar.

SCB3

Is it really that far out? Damn

Anyway, I like more grounded Sci Fi like Mass Effect and Star Trek (Star Wars being a big exception), so I'm expecting stuff like that

Fallout/Skyrim in space

That being said, I've still not finished Skyrim, so yea maybe by the time Starfield is out

Starfield

It's too early to tell what Starfield will have, but I can say I wasn't a fan of settlements/base building in Fallout 4. I no longer enjoy spending an obscene amount of time building something in a digital world for no purpose. It's good that this aspect can be entirely avoided in Fallout 4, so hopefully Starfield will have something similar.
Ofc you will be able to avoid it in Starfield. Thats their approach with every game lately

Starfield

I would like to see a microtransaction free, bug free, single player experience in a well realised, narratively dense and immersive world (with a VR option hopefully).

I'm expecting a bug-filled, half finished game, with lots of microtransactions and multiplayer GaaS-like bullcrap, that will still probably be okay, but nowhere near what it could have been.
there is no multiplayer in this game, no gaas. no mtx.

pure singleplayer

elliot5

Im expecting a Bethesda game set in space pretty much. I have nothing else outside of that. Good music though (especially judging by the trailer theme).

Bernkastel

Ask me about my fanboy energy!
This game will be released at least in 2023-2024, theres is no way that it will come out in 2022.

I think that what they are trying to achieve is somehow to big. The idea of flying between planets -like SCITIZEN- in handcrafted planets and scenarios, its' really just complicated as fascinating.
They have been working on it for 6 years since Fallout 4. The guy who leaked those screenshots from the 2018 build said that it was targeting 2021.
November-11-11-22.jpg

So you are saying that they will just put a date exactly 11 years after Skyrim just as a placeholder?
Ofcourse you will wish that it is a "multiplayer GaaS-like bullcrap" with "lots of microtransactions" even after they said multiple times that it is a single player only game. You must be correct, because your recent track record with predictions opposite of official messaging has been so spot o -
You’re probably correct XBox fans. Bethesda games won’t be coming to Ps5.

You must be right, because your recent track record with predictions about things has been so spot o -

...oh.
...oh.

Last edited:

FunkMiller

Ofcourse you will wish that it is a "multiplayer GaaS-like bullcrap" with "lots of microtransactions" even after they said multiple times that it is a single player only game. You must be correct, because your recent track record with predictions opposite of official messaging has been so spot o -

...oh.

You XBox fanboys are hilarious. I make a comment about a game because it comes from Bethesda - a company notorious for greedy games related bullshit, and you automatically take it to be a dig at XBox :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Last edited:

Bkdk

i just want robust modding capabilities, that’s what Bethesda’s rpgs are for, massive playground that let you have fun with dev consoles and mods.

nani17

are in a big trouble
I honestly don't really care about this game at the moment and I won't touch it till I see reviews.

Bernkastel

Ask me about my fanboy energy!
You XBox fanboys are hilarious. I make a comment about a game because it comes from Bethesda - a company notorious for greedy games related bullshit, and you automatically take it to be a dig at XBox :messenger_tears_of_joy:
Funny that you are the only one screaming "you xbox fans" and even when I quoted your prediction about Bethesda exclusivity in a post discussing your past predictions, you only thought about that part. And then you start projecting yourself into me.

Hezekiah

Banned
If this hits big as a PlayStation owner I will have to somehow find a way to play it. Will most likely buy a gaming PC when this releases. However I won't buy anything until this is out and gets the good reviews. Hopefully by then I can find a cheap enough laptop that can run this game (I don't need ultra settings).
Get one, you won't regret it. You'll have access to all the Bethesda games, everything on Steam, and the flexbility and free online that PC games bring.

I was playing some Fallout 76 a few days ago just wandering around during the early morning hours and was thinking, damn this game actually looks pretty fuckin good at times and then I look over to my right and there's a radstag partially clipped through the hill geometry walking with a goofy ass animation that looks like something out of Morrowind.

It's the obvious thing. As of now, the most recent game released using this engine still has obvious remnants from who knows when. Still the same crappy AI and pathfinding, still the goofy glitches, bad animation - these are things that really take you out of an experience, especially nowadays where there's plenty of open worlds that have surpassed Bethesda's games in a lot of these areas.

Update the creation engine to be modern, please, and not just the graphics renderer.

TrebleShot

I have no wishes.
it is what it is.
Something different to make me want to explore it, some kind of gameplay mechanic or experience I haven’t seen before.
If it’s the same old stuff as Oblivion , Skyrim or Fallout I probably won’t DL it.

At least as good as Skyrim, and better than Outer Worlds. Ideally they’ll be able to use Microsoft Money to finally update their engine and the game won’t look a generation behind and have better animation.

Also mods on Xbox like the X1 versions of Skyrim and F4.

Hawke502

Yes, that's right. Absolutely everybody who doesn't automatically agree with you is a Sony fan boy. Well done. You've achieved 100% GAF console war champion status.

FML, this place is full of children:messenger_tears_of_joy:
Do you realize no one called you a sony fanboy in this thread and yet you did call another person an "XBox fanboy"? Don't be a hypocrite, dude.

YukiOnna

Am I getting an actual space exploration game or is it limited to a small solar system? If it is, will they make sure it feels like you are charting the vast expanse of space/the universe at least? All I really want.

Starfield

Am I getting an actual space exploration game or is it limited to a small solar system? If it is, will they make sure it feels like you are charting the vast expanse of space/the universe at least? All I really want.
there are multiple star systems in this game

Artistic

There's not enough out there to get me hyped for the game outside the simple fact it's an Xbox exclusive.

Never finished Fallout 4(plan to replay it though soon), but if it's anything close to that, then I won't be disappointed.

Starfield

There's not enough out there to get me hyped for the game outside the simple fact it's an Xbox exclusive.

Never finished Fallout 4(plan to replay it though soon), but if it's anything close to that, then I won't be disappointed.
rpg wise it will be more closer to Morrowind/Oblivion than Skyrim/Fallout 4. Which means it'll be more focused on character building and has more rpg systems in place rather than being a more casual approach.

At the start of the game for example you can choose your character's background.

Last edited:
Top Bottom