• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Starting at midnight PlayStation 5 players will be able to redeem GTA Online on PS5 for FREE on the PS5 Store.

Tripolygon

Banned
I don’t care about online, and didn’t know if there was or wasn’t an upgrade option for single player. So thank you for answering.
It is technically not an upgrade option, they are just discounting it for 3 months and Sony bought the online version for all PS5 owners who claim it in the first 3 months. After 3 months the price will go up. I seriously wasn't going t buy it but at $10 I could not help it. Lol

ManaByte

BTW this story is BS. It’s not playable. It’s just a pre-order. It’s free but locked until the 14th.

ManaByte

I imagine what ethomaz ethomaz is saying is, games designated as free only on PS5 do not show up in the app or web store. Think like the PlayStation collection designated for PS5+PS+ owners. You won't be able to claim it on PS App or the webstore.
No they do. They only reason this doesn’t is because Rockstar only lists the PREMIUM GTAV on the store app at the moment because they’re greedy fucks. You can’t pre-order the PS5 paid GTAV on the app yet either because it’s not the PREMIUM version.

I preloaded on PS5 and it annoys me to no end that they still haven’t fixed the icon to fit on the dashboard. Maybe I’m sceptical but I’m sure it’s a sign of how little effort probably went into this upgrade.

kingfey

Banned
No they do. They only reason this doesn’t is because Rockstar only lists the PREMIUM GTAV on the store app at the moment because they’re greedy fucks. You can’t pre-order the PS5 paid GTAV on the app yet either because it’s not the PREMIUM version.
They completely disabled the normal version. This is scum way of forcing people to buy the expensive version.

ethomaz

Banned
GtaV would be the exception. The regular version doesn't exist, only the premium edition. Which is why we can't see the online version on the app.

Astrobot is still available on mobile or PC.
There are several games you can't access via PC or PS App.
Like over 20 cases or exceptions like you say.

Every game where it is only free on PS5 is that way.

ethomaz

Banned
Is there any sort of free/discounted upgrade for single player if you own the PS4 version?
It is $9.90 already discounted.
It doesn't matter if you have the PS4 version or not.

I can still claim the ps5 version. Unless they removed that option.
I have no ideia what are you talking about.

The PS5 Store is different from the PC and PS App Stores... there are PS5 free games only available in PS5 Store because you need to own a PS5.

It was that way since PS5 launched.
People tricked Sony using friend's PS5 to purchase these free games without own a PS5.
You can do the same with GTA Online PS5 if you wish.

Last edited:

ethomaz

Banned
So show me where you can purchase for example The Last Guardian free edition on PC Store.
Give me the link.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
GTA IV online was entertaining but Red Dead, GTA V, and Red Dead 2 online put the online shooting world on notice, I think every time I open the PS store there's an ad for GTA Online.

ethomaz

Banned
They completely disabled the normal version. This is scum way of forcing people to buy the expensive version.
The Premium edition replaced the standard one in 2018.
It was the same price after all so new buyers always brought the Premium one after April 20, 2018.

And the standard is not disabled... it is there to these that purchased GTAV before 2018 download it.

Last edited:

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
So show me where you can purchase for example The Last Guardian free edition on PC Store.
Give me the link.
They don't make you go through any sort of "purchase" for PS5 only stuff.. unlike regular PS Plus games that you have to add to cart/etc... the PS5 ones don't have to do that, so it's all just sort of moot.

There is a note on the web store about that though under all of the games, just scroll down. It's pretty easy to miss though and you can still "buy" these games even though you have a license lol

Last edited:

ethomaz

Banned
They don't make you go through any sort of "purchase" for PS5 only stuff.. unlike regular PS Plus games that you have to add to cart/etc... the PS5 ones don't have to do that, so it's all just sort of moot.

There is a note on the web store about that though under all of the games, just scroll down. It's pretty easy to miss though and you can still "buy" these games even though you have a license lol
You don't have to put PS+ games on cart... it just direct purchase it like the PS5 Instant Collection or that GTA5 Online.
That changed for a year or more already... even in the PS App you don't need to put or cart anymore... it is direct (it is not even like that anymore on PS4 I believe).

Last edited:

ManaByte

Give me the link.

None of the Days of Play stuff or PS+ Collection works on the PC store because the Days of Play stuff used a special storefront to grant the license, and the PS+ Collection was being exploited by people without PS5s (they were banning people for doing that at launch).

Anything else normally works.
I have a PS5 since day one (well three days late because it was when Correios delivered it) lol
I got a second one in early February.
Your first PS5 trophy earned was last week.

ethomaz

Banned
None of the Days of Play stuff or PS+ Collection works on the PC store because the Days of Play stuff used a special storefront to grant the license, and the PS+ Collection was being exploited by people without PS5s (they were banning people for doing that at launch).

Anything else normally works.
That is not the case for PS5 only games I believe... free games for PS5 can't be purchased like GTAV Online.
Maybe it is because it is the first one outside the PS+ Collection?

Your first PS5 trophy earned was last week.
On my US account yes... and it was not me (the first trophy)... it was my child playing if it was Astrobot... I ended completing all the trophies after that because I like the 100%.

Last edited:

IntentionalPun

You don't have to put PS+ games on cart... it just direct purchase it like the PS5 Instant Collection or that GTA5 Online.
That changed for a year or more already... even in the PS App you don't need to put or cart anymore... it is direct.
I literally just redeemed a PS+ game by adding it to my cart, on the web store.

I also literally did the same for the $1 million GTA Online bucks.

You even get a "thank you for your purchase" email.

Dont know what you even mean by "direct purchase." The only things that differ are the PS Plus Collection (PS5 "instant" collection as you are calling it for some reason.)

Last edited:

ethomaz

Banned

Dont know what you even mean by "direct purchase." The only things that differ are the PS Plus Collection (PS5 "instant" collection as you are calling it for some reason.)
The PC store is like that? I don't use it.
On PS App... you don't have that.

Direct purchase is that you search the game on PS+ and just hit "Add to library" (no cart, no confirmation, etc... it just change Add do library to Download)... it was like that before PS5 out.

Last edited:

IntentionalPun

The PC store is like that? I don't use it.
On PS App... you don't have that.

Direct purchase is that you search the game on PS+ and just hit "Add to library" (no cart, no confirmation, etc... it just change Add do library to Download)... it was like that before PS5 out.
Oh yeah you know you are right. It made me go through the whole cart process for the $1 million GTA bucks though.

Still my original point stands.. "add to library' doesn't show up for PS Plus Collection (PS5 Instant Collection), there is no "add to library", nothing. You can buy the game if you want, or if you scroll way down the page you MIGHT notice it tells you it's included in the PS5 collection.

ManaByte

Yup this is how it's always worked. People who have really had PS5s for a while would know this.

You even get the Thank You For Your Purchase email when you add them to your library on the console too.

ethomaz

Banned
Yup this is how it's always worked. People who have really had PS5s for a while would know this.

You even get the Thank You For Your Purchase email when you add them to your library on the console too.
That is not how it works in both PS+ App since the new layout for PS4/PS5 Stores.
You have two buttons Download and Add to Library.
If you hit any it will show a little loading and change the text to "Purchased"... no extra step required.
It just need to go cart and confirm games that have prices.

It is not even a PS5 thing anyway... it is like that on PS4 since the Store redesign I believe.

PS. To be even more easy you don't on Web PC or Mobile stores you don't need to go on game page.. you just go on the PS+ page with all games and hit the icon on the side of the game image and after you hit it the icon changes to the words "purchased".

Edit - Yes... you receive a PS email in all cases.

Edit 2 - I just checked in PC Store... no cart at all... it is directly "Add to library" (of course on PC the Download button didn't show) .

Last edited:
Found it, you have to search gta, click on gta5, then click on the three dots, and select the ps5 version.

The online is free, the full game is only 12$? crazy.
This is a 10 year old game with a slight graphics upgrade and FPS boost. How much could they really charge at the end of the day lol

This should have been free when you think about the fact that they make most of their money from the game by selling the shark cards and DLC at this point.
So it will be playable from midnight tonight?
No, the next gen editions for PS5 and Series X/S release on March 15. But you can preload the game now.

Top Bottom