• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

State of Play Event Could Happening Next Week

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

This information comes way of known insider Tom Henderson; however, it should be clear that this is more of a piecing together of known information than a report. Henderson believes a State of Play could happen next week for a couple of reasons. First, Sony is expected to show off new hardware soon, including a PS5 Pro controller, and a State of Play could be a fine stage for that.

Secondly, the Gran Turismo producer recently stated an update on the new game is coming “next week,” but Henderson notes he said this on a Sunday. This muddies up whether he means June 20-24 or June 27-July 1, but the most likely answer is the latter. All of this bodes well, but there’s one more piece of key information that really drives this rumor home.

Finally, Henderson also points to Bloomberg’s Jason Schreier and his report that God of War: Ragnarok is planned to release in November. Two of his sources also claim the announcement of that date would come later this month. Now, it could be that Sony just releases three semi-related updates on first-party titles and hardware over the coming days/weeks, but Henderson is right that this smells like a State of Play event happening soon.

yurinka

Tom made a reasonable guess.

It would also be a good idea to remind there that after the European release of tomorrow the new PS+ will be available worldwide, to hype a bit the upcoming EVO or to show gameplay of the TLOU remake. Plus maybe share some stuff about PSVR2 and to announce upcoming PS+ stuff. Regarding PSVR2, if the GT7 is something more than just announcing another random game update or its movie, I think it will be the announcement of full PSVR2 support in GT7.

Last edited:

Elios83

It seems like he's just connecting the docs and he hasn't actually heard things about it.
In any case it's likely there will be something God of War related soon.

I want a showcase not a state of play. Are they really going to wait until September for that?

It's really likely if they talk about GOW soon.
In that case June would have been a pretty eventful month anyway thanks to Square and Capcom announcements + GoW news.

Kenneth Haight

Gold Member
CZfxZ8Y.jpg

Bring the heavy hitters Jimbo

The Gran Turismo thing is a complete non-starter. Yamauchi has been tweeting the exact same thing every month since launch when a new update is on the way. It's going to be another free patch with three new cars, hence his tweet with the three cars in silhouette, just like it was in April and May.

There may be a State of Play coming up, there may not, but Yamauchi's tweet about a GT update is entirely unrelated.

Hugare

... But we had one 2 weeks ago

As much as I want more games being announced, jfc just announce everything all at once, Sony

I want a showcase not a state of play. Are they really going to wait until September for that?
Most likely yes. Why would they not have saved FFVII Rebirth reveal or the FFXVI trailer for their event if it was going to happen anytime soon?

We are probably getting a The Last of Us Part I deep dive SoP soon as well like every other big Sony game got so far.

Last edited:

Boss Mog

I thought this was known for a while. Rumor also says that GoW release date is 11/18/22. They might also show a new dualsense Pro controller with rear paddles and removable sticks which would be nice since they are prone to stick drift amongst other wear so it would be nice to be able to change them if there's a problem.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Most likely yes. Why would they not have saved FFVII Rebirth reveal or the FFXVI trailer for their event if it was going to happen anytime soon?

We are probably getting a The Last of Us Part I deep dive SoP soon as well like every other big Sony game got so far.
yeah, Sony has two big releases this year and they will likely just do State of Plays for them closer to release. I wouldnt expect a GOW state of play until October and TLOU state of play until August.

They might skip the September showcase altogether. They revealed just two new games last year and both had either CG or cinematic trailers. Yes, it's insomniac but i doubt they will have gameplay trailers ready for them in just one year. I think Sony will just do an E3 style show next year in June. The TLOU factions doesnt seem to be ready to be shown this year so thats next year too. Cory's new IP is likely put on the backburner to ensure GOW gets out this year so thats likely next year too. Ghosts of Tsushima 2, Death Stranding 2 which just started shooting, and Sony Bend's new IP might be ready for a reveal next year.

Unfortunately I think it’s to early for a showcase. I hope I’m wrong though.
I agree. See above.

Last edited:
Top Bottom