• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

State of Play | Oct. 27th, 2021 (Up: Poll added)

How would you rate this State of Play?

• Total voters

Elios83

Little Devil Inside looks fantastic.
Star Ocean being back was a nice surprise but footage looked rough.
The whole package didn't deserve a show, it could have been updates on the blog.

Lol at the usual pseudo insiders teasing Harry Potter and other stuff would be there :messenger_grinning_sweat:

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Maybe they should have 2 or 3 dedicated indie shows throughout the year instead of being part of State of Plays. That way fans don't get wrong expectations & indie devs still get their cool stuff shown.

cormack12

Gold Member
Ffbpovp.jpg

sobaka770

Banned
Didn't feel this one. Not a single game was even remotely interesting for me.

- Death arena looked innovative enough but I'm tired of the genre.
- Among Us and Mario Kart rip-offs (but worse) might as well signal: we will go out of business after this one.
- Star Ocean is as JRPG as they come and full of cringe. I want to unhear some of those lines. And it also gets a pervy award for gratuitous boobs.
- Little Devil Inside may be either the best game ever or a big pile of garbage.
- The less said about painfully unfunny, creepy wokefest band promotion - the better. It's not a game - it's a marketing stunt. Seriously, let's not make it a thing or that shit will blow up on controversy alone.

Kerotan

Why did they even bother with this? These announcements could of been done in a series of Twitter posts
Because if they don't show off trash indies, then the trash indie developers take to social media and give out. Then the anti Sony media have another excuse to make negative articles.

[Sigma]

trash.gif

Death's Door announcement was good.

KOFXV beta. Definitely going to download that.

New Star Ocean reveal was nice but it didn't give a great first impression.

Little Devil Inside. Just looked like he walked around and that was it. Game looks pretty and I look forward to it but I have liked a more than just what was showed.

The rest was just trash.

Last edited:

cormack12

Gold Member
They should have just called it indie showcase again. Third party made it sound like actual known thrd parties were gonna be there.

Anyway, deaths door looks good. But I haven't even got round to hades yet. And little devil inside kinda confused me about what type of game it is. But it still looks intriguing.

Pantz

Gold Member
Cool to see Star Ocean / tri-Ace. Even if they are hit or miss it's nice to see them still going.

Little Devil Inside looks like a solid indy, not sure it's for me yet but keeping an eye on it.

Hasan/Abandoned took a credibility hit with this State of Play and some of the shuvelware that was featured.

yurinka

Deathverse: Seems another uninteresting, generic multiplayer, not for me
OFK: I'm not diverse enough for this game, not for me
Bugsnax: I'm an adult, not for me
Freddy's: I'm an adult, not for me
Death's Door: looks cool
Kartrider: May be fun but seems an uninteresting, generic Mario Kart clone, not for me. I want a Wipeout instead
KOF: looks cool, nice to see there is a beta coming
First Class: not for me
Star Ocean: not for me, but all these haters always claiming Jimbo abandoned Japan may like it
Little Devil Inside: looks pretty cool

4/10

Last edited:
I have to say some people are overreacting and unfair.They are called indies for a reason,of course they don’t have the man power and budget of The big games.It is great that Sony gives Indies a chance to shine.Else on the big stage no one would remember them next to the newest Uncharted and killzone and what not.Sure not every game is for everyone,but it’s nice to have so much variety some people appreciate games what others think are trash.I liked the Kartracer looks really nice.PlayStation didn’t had a fun kartracer for a long time and it’s free.I would rate this state of play 7/10 it was not great but it wasn’t shit either.Interesting games some great games like KoF15,star ocean could be really good with content graphics were good combat looked cool.Love the looks of devil inside ,looks like lots of genres mixed into eachother Action Adventure,RPG,Puzzle.The show was only 20 minutes people act like they had to watch 2 hours of horrible games.

ripeavocado

Banned
Why are they copying Nintendo bullshit?

why would I care about these sop, give me big conferences or release the trailers Directly, I ain’t no time for that

Jack Uzi

Banned
"Tune in for updates on existing games, as well as a few reveals from our partners around the world."
Did this give the vibes of, don’t expect much from those reveals from the partners around the world? Bear in mind existing games we’d seen before at previous SoP’s have been FF7R and TLoUII.

Fbh

Are people really complaining? Its not like Sony hyped any of this up. They told you what to expect.

As far as I'm aware they only said it was going to focus on third party games coming to Ps5.
They didn't say it was mostly going to be bland looking indies and the worst JRPG franchise.

Codes 208

"Tune in for updates on existing games, as well as a few reveals from our partners around the world."
the header also said third party games, how many of those did we see? One or two? It was about 95% indies games and none of them looked interesring in particular (excluding little devil inside) and some of them like that amogus clone were cringey as fuck.

Mobilemofo

I have to say some people are overreacting and unfair.They are called indies for a reason,of course they don’t have the man power and budget of The big games.It is great that Sony gives Indies a chance to shine.Else on the big stage no one would remember them next to the newest Uncharted and killzone and what not.Sure not every game is for everyone,but it’s nice to have so much variety some people appreciate games what others think are trash.I liked the Kartracer looks really nice.PlayStation didn’t had a fun kartracer for a long time and it’s free.I would rate this state of play 7/10 it was not great but it wasn’t shit either.Interesting games some great games like KoF15,star ocean could be really good with content graphics were good combat looked cool.Love the looks of devil inside ,looks like lots of genres mixed into eachother Action Adventure,RPG,Puzzle.The show was only 20 minutes people act like they had to watch 2 hours of horrible games.
annnnnnnddddddd.....breathhhhh. lol

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Skimmed the various threads as I just got home from errands Looks like I'll pass watching a replay. Didnt know it was an indie show, and going by what they showed it sounded bad.

Are people really complaining? Its not like Sony hyped any of this up. They told you what to expect.

They don't have to hype it up, when they decide to do a live showcase like this hype is generated by itself. People should rightly expect a half decent show, at least. This is PlayStation we're talking about.

They don't have to hype it up, when they decide to do a live showcase like this hype is generated by itself. People should rightly expect a half decent show, at least. This is PlayStation we're talking about.

They do these things like every 3 months now.

People should really just grow some sense already

Last edited:
It's a matter of respecting your audience and their time. They announced this presentation a week in advance, creating some expectation. It's ok to show indies, but this was an awful selection of indies.

Dthomp

"All of our first party games take 7 years to make now,"

More like, we can't make enough systems to warrant releasing the games yet, so FUCK all of you who have PS5 systems, have some more shitty indie games and a years worth of remasters and cross gen games that get to suffer for the sins of the PS4 audience. I hate this gen so much already, what an absolute waste of money buying both systems has been to play all the same games I was already playing on the systems I already owned.

engstra

I'm all in for a free update of Bugsnax, that game was great! Happy to get the chance to play Death's Door, thought that'd remain Xbox exclusive for a while longer. Little Devil Inside looks fantastic.

The rest of the show was pretty dogshit (OFK might be pretty decent for what it is). Especially Star Ocean, that looked horrible.

Expected them to at least announce the PS Plus games and VR games for November...

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Okay, State of Play is officially State of Indies + some small announcements

Plantoid

When I saw third party I was semi-interested because some of the games may be on Xbox too, but oooh boy was i disappointed

Rolf for that harry potter rumour

It's called marketing, and it's clearly works

Who in there right mind would go out and buy a PS5 on the basis of that show?

Sure they've increased the exposure of certain games but look at the reaction, they've done nothing to satisfy the people who are eager to tune into these things.

The more they put out mediocre shows like this the less that will be tuning into the next one.

Top Bottom