• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

State of Play returns next Wednesday

I think a lot of people get their hopes up too high again. Look at the showcase they did, where everyone from Sony was hyping the thing up like the second coming and the only thing we learned basically was what Insomniac is waiting for. This time they already try to talk it down in the description so everyone should keep their expectations as low as possible. There is a good chance there is a PSX in December and if they have something amazing to show they will surely show it there instead.

Bwesh

“Konami digital entertainment joins Playstation studios, here is what we are working on”. 🙌🥳🤫👏
We'll be resurrecting a beloved RPG series.
We hope you enjoy this in-engine teaser.
"A high angle shot on a field, then a forest, then on a walled city. With this BG music. The camera swoops down on a house on the right side of the city. Enters the house through the window where a blonde guy is happily preparing a meal, then follows him going upstairs. He knocks on the door to the left, "Young Master, wake up." Then the camera phases through the door to see the sleeping hero."

Skifi28

Here is what I'm realistically expecting.

Final Fantasy XVI
Dragon's Dogma 2
Street Fighter 6
MGS trilogy Remake

And at least a dozen or so brand new third party IPs.

Keeping my expectations low.
Not that realistic, you're probably setting yourself up for disappointment.

Topher

Gold Member
Damn, that's some reaching right there. Hmm State of Play nobody watches or Game Awards Show that grabs viewers from multiple consoles and PC? I don't know cotton looks like a tuff call there!

Well her sources are telling it is one of the two so that is good info either way.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
As opposed to positive pessimism?
As opposed to the regular rhetoric that goes and some of the post even before me. Might as well ride the wave as it cannot be good but I know how to temper my expectations so you got to laugh at it a little bit and if you can't then that's on you.

Doom85

It should go without saying that the following had better be announced:

Bloodborne 2
Bully 2
Dark Souls 4
Dragon Quest 12
Final Fantasy VII Remake Part 2
Ghost of Tsushima 2
Infamous 4
Jak and Daxter 4
Kena: Bridge of Spirits 2
Kingdom Hearts 4
Nier 3
Persona 6
Resident Evil 9 and Revelations 3 and Remakes of CV, 0, and of course 4
Rival Schools revival
Sekiro 2: Shadows Die One More Time
Silent Hills
Spyro 4
Street Fighter 6

Q7JWwS7.jpg

In all seriousness, I go in with no expectations and if something(s) appeals to me, cool. If not, oh well, next time then.

Last edited:

luij81

Banned
Hm... 3rd party games? Well, it's about time both Playdead and/or Gen Design reveal their new projects. It'd be nice.

YukiOnna

I think KH4 will be better, as Nomura responsibilities have been scaled back on FFV Remake Part II
Fortunately, they haven't. He himself said his responsibilities didn't change, his title changed to better suit what he does. He's even talked about what he exactly did on KH3 and what's in store for the future in the UO books.

yurinka

Street Fighter 6
Street Fighter 6
The game was originally planned for Q4 2022, and pretty likely with Covid it has been pushed back to 2023. So pretty likely will be announced several months later, and probably at a Street Fighter event (EVO finals, Capcom Cup finals, Street Fighter online summer/winter/etc. events, and so on). And well, they still have to release the last SFV character and make the Capcom Cup next year.

So probably they'll announce it in February (Capcom Cup) or summer (EVO finals).

Last edited:

SilentUser

We'll be resurrecting a beloved RPG series.
We hope you enjoy this in-engine teaser.
"A high angle shot on a field, then a forest, then on a walled city. With this BG music. The camera swoops down on a house on the right side of the city. Enters the house through the window where a blonde guy is happily preparing a meal, then follows him going upstairs. He knocks on the door to the left, "Young Master, wake up." Then the camera phases through the door to see the sleeping hero."

I miss Suikoden so much. Honestly, would be ao damn happy if Suikoden gets released as a PS5 title (if they mantain the art intact somehow)

Last edited:
They are also rumored to be kicking back off the PlayStation Experience event again in December- hopefully they will have some more first party updates there

Not in order:
Cod vanguard have to get those DLC cosmetic bucks
Fortnight jill and chris skin
Deathloop accolades trailer with more DLC
GTA trilogy maybe 5 mins of gameplay at best
Returnal accolades/update
FF7 part 2 snippet or FF16 2 min spot if neither of those GT7 trailer with KAZ talking about day and night cycle and more tracks and cars.

Last edited:

G-Bus

Banned
Well that's very unexpected and a nice surprise!

Little devil inside was one of the few indie games I was really looking forward to seeing more of.

Top Bottom