• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

State of Play returns this Wednesday, March 9.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Its funny. People bemoan stale, template AAA releases yet when they get shown trailers for lesser budgeted titles they act like they just got served a plate of steaming turds.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
What's the deal with that 3D version of wannabe-Triangle Strategy? From Square Enix no less?

Holy crap I need that Cowabunga Collection RIGHT NOW!
Probably my favorite announcement from this, and it was a 30 teaser...

jaysius

Banned

At least the Ninja Turtles stuff looked good.

I mean it's a pile of old ROMS and they've already made an awesome remake of the Arcade game so I'm not sure what's super exciting about it.

I'm more excited for the new Turtles game.

Last edited:

gow3isben

And the best part?

These jokers thought this garbage would somehow take attention away from the Russia-Ukraine War

XIfaFUK.gif

Last edited:

TheTony316

I think Sony needs a leadership change. Nothing else can fix this mediocrity. This is not the same company that used to produce incredible E3 and PSX shows, and won us over with AAA titles with incredible production values. These state of plays feel cheap and are full of trash I would never want to showcase on my system. Forspoken and Returnal DLC were the only decent games on the show. Everything else should never be FEATURED in a PLAYSTATION show.

You have to have some quality control. You have to have some pride in your system. You cannot keep putting out these mediocre titles that barely look as good as PS3 games when you are trying to showcase the future of Playstation. Quality over quantity used to be their motto. That is why we all became Sony fans. Not because of this trash.

I think I am done with these State of Plays. I've been fooled way too many times.

lol the hyperbole. Dude this was literally announced yesterday and they even said it's about japanese third party titles. Anyone who expected to see big first party titles went in with wrong expectations.

RAIDEN1

There I was thinking they may have announced Metal Gear 6, Ridge Racer HD Collection....(bit like what you got with Wipeout Omega Collection..) and maybe a new uncharted game..or a spin off series..

Pagusas

Elden Member
What happened to Japan? They used to be the kings of gaming. Valkyrie looks like a ps2 game...
I assume the A teams are working on FF16 and FF7r2. Konomi is dead, most of the population wants portable games (and I'm starting to wonder if Japan is over games as a culture?)

Last edited:

Shouta

I was pretty happy with this State of Play. I've really missed B-tier games and Japan seems to be putting some time into them again this generation. DioField Chronicle looks like it could be fun. we haven't had a RTS style JRPG in ages. Getting a new Valkyrie game even if it's not Profile makes me happy and I'll end up playing it just for that, lol.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
lol the hyperbole. Dude this was literally announced yesterday and they even said it's about japanese third party titles. Anyone who expected to see big first party titles went in with wrong expectations.
Where did I say the conference needed Sony first party games?

Japan has some of the best devs in the business and aside from Forspoken, they didnt have a single AAA Japanese game featured at the show.

If Sony couldnt get Final Fantasy 16, FF7-2, RE4make, Death Stranding 2 or RE9 then they should simply say, hey sorry we got nothing. Dont waste out time with this shit.

Last edited:

anthony2690

Banned
Its funny. People bemoan stale, template AAA releases yet when they get shown trailers for lesser budgeted titles they act like they just got served a plate of steaming turds.
I think if the smaller budget titles look great people will be interested:
Ie: Sifu, Deaths Door, Tunic, Kena, Little Devil, Stray, Ascent, Ori etc.

Last edited:

Elios83

Many great games for me.
Forspoken, Tokyo Ghostwire, Trek To Yomi, the strategic RPG that looks like FF Tactics 2 all had great trailers.
They also stated that an other SoP is coming soon.

TheMan

All in all just a couple of lukewarm titles in a sea of clogged toilet water at a chili festival. I think Sony would have been better off just not doing this.

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
FF: Origins looks like it might be good (enjoyed the demo I played like a year ago or so) and more RETURNAL means I need to beat the game. A new VP is also welcome news. Overall, some interesting titles on showcase.

And the best part?

These jokers thought this garbage would somehow take attention away from the Russia-Ukraine War

XIfaFUK.gif

Or. . .they wanted to wait for the initial shock of the Russian invasion to "tamp" down. But sure, believe a gaming company thought that a 20 minute stream would attract the attention of the world over one country invading another.

The hoops some of you go through.

sendit

Leave him alone, he has `been fooled way too many times` even though Sony has been completely transparent on what they're showing.

Barakov

Outside of a couple of games shown this State of Play was pretty good. I guess I've learned to temper my expectations when it comes this stuff.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Got Trails from Zero and Soul Hackers 2 coming to Playstation, so I'm already set for weebshit.

Valkyrie game miiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight be ok. We'll see.

Top Bottom