• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014 – 25TH THREAD EDITION (2008-2014)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm relatively new to the steam thread thing, but this group of people is one of the nicest, giving group of people on this site. Every day people give games away like nothing. So for all the games I've won, I say thank you! And I soon plan to reciprocate in kind.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Reposting since I just found this right before the last thread ended.

They are actively working on adding Steam Wallet trading.

This dialog is now partially working, where this morning it was not working at all.
I asked in the old thread just before it closed, does this mean an end to (mostly) Russian key trading?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Finally, a new thread and new(!) season of Community.

4nJmwJd.gif

#sixseasonsandamovie

im sorry... what?

giphy.gif

I asked in the old thread just before it closed, does this mean an end to (mostly) Russian key trading?

well KEY trading perhaps, but not russian trading, I guess youll just give them money directly now

Ryne

Time to play some games that were added to my backlog... or just goof around in Grid Autosport.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Will be interesting to see the effect of this to TF2 keys trading, the middlemen and of course the CIS/Brazil traders in the future.

Yes, it'll be very interesting. Myself personally, I'd rather pay the 5% fee than have to work out the price of a game based on a number of keys. It also means that trading wallet money for games will be a safe transaction, since presumably Steam can reverse a particular transaction if it goes south (as in, you were scammed). It should also cut down on the number of scams that happen where the scammer types in the "message notes" of the trade offer that X amount will be transferred to the user's Steam wallet.

Overall, I think it'll be a welcome change.

Toki767

please god, please tell me Toki isnt joking. that would make my day (well, night)

also, why are your threads so godlike MrOrange? is it because you are, in fact...orange? :eek:
I'm naturally inclined to think every name I come across is male unless otherwise specified.

denx

Reposting since I just found this right before the last thread ended.

They are actively working on adding Steam Wallet trading.

This dialog is now partially working, where this morning it was not working at all.

Oh nice. Setting up four packs shouldn't be too much of a pain in the ass now.

Ibuki

Banned
I just got my $50 steam wallet card from buying the mouse from best buy. Mouse is pretty nice as well, never noticed how loose mine was. I think I'm gonna buy Witcher 3 since I got pretty much every game I could ever want during the sale. :)

natertots

The sale was fun and I'm kind of relieved it is over. I now have way too many games so I better get to playing. At least working for a ISD gives me the summer off. Time to enjoy some games.

Turfster

it was much much worse....

and you should totally play a thing with people eventually

Eh, Secret of the Magic Crystals is actually not a bad game.
It's not an amazing game, and we totally aren't the target audience, but it's better than Bad Rats.

iosefe

Eh, Secret of the Magic Crystals is actually not a bad game.
It's not an amazing game, and we totally aren't the target audience, but it's better than Bad Rats.

well, i wouldn't know either of them ;)

i have heard that the music for this game is...decent

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
im sorry... what?

well KEY trading perhaps, but not russian trading, I guess youll just give them money directly now

Yeah man, Yahoo(?) to the rescue!

It'll be interesting to see what happens with wallet trading, because the current market in a flat number of keys leads to Russians competing on price. Some use ref/tour of duty tickets for change, but this way you'll get full disclosure into your seller's markup, if you're crafty.

Salsa

ok this thread is okay, but by far the best part is the notion that I somehow keep the sales threads updated anymore

lol

stump is great tho

mrorange is gettin there. keep it up

<3

wow MRORANGE, just finished reading the OT and theres some really good stuff there. thanks for the heads up about depressurizer, I've been meaning to recategorize my games since I have a lot more than I originally did when I first categorized em but never got around to doing it since its so slow to do it through steam. thanks a lot

im going to get this thread started with some fantastic news: after some severe lowballing, i finally sold my toki tori 2 foil. It only took 4 months!

Miletius

I always try to get on this thread after a sale but I always peter off after a while. This time, I vow to be a more active member of STEAM GAF.

denx

I'm legit shook that I'm actually playing something I bought in the sale, but damn MGR is good.

def sim

Yeah, I've held off on that too. No way I'd be able to fit it into my backlog just now, not even sure if I'd like it anyway.

Ah

In my case, I was already at my intended budget by the time it was put back on sale. I'll just have to comfort myself with Banner Saga or something.

I'm legit shook that I'm actually playing something I bought in the sale, but damn MGR is good.

word

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I'm naturally inclined to think every name I come across is male unless otherwise specified.

so you do think Salsa is a girl.

I... I am so happy right now. We have come full circle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom