• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014 – 25TH THREAD EDITION (2008-2014)

Status
Not open for further replies.

nbnt

is responsible for the well-being of this island.
I don't think this is "worth" Modbot's time, so here's the deal. I have these from the Humble Bundle:

2 1 The Bureau: XCOM Declassified
4 3 2 1 Bioshock
4 2 1 Bioshock 2
4 3 2 1 Mafia II
2 1 The Darkness II
4 3 2 Spec Ops The Line
1 XCOM: Enemy Unknown

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Do NOT reply to this post. Just send me a PM with the game's name (in the title or in the body). One game per GAFFer, first come first served.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible.

And I will update this post accordingly.

I can't imagine they'd do it retroactively and if they were going to add a new sub set up that way you'd think they would have done it a long time ago.

Hmm, that's annoying. It makes it a tad confusing as to how to install the expansions and such you know? Do you just need to install them all except Colonization, which I think is a standalone thing.

It's 2014 god damn it, why should I be putting in effort? /s

zkylon

zkylewd
i know some people from brasil i like and don't wish them suffering

but on the other hand i'm all like

i5VXXuUgy2Wuk.gif

edit: and as i post this br scores. ok i can work with that, i'm not that evil

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
They really don't work anymore. Paypal didn't even let me register the card I won yesterday.

Wait til will still work if I remove my other card?

It worked for me, but maybe I just got lucky. It let me register it, and it showed up in my summary as successfully having transferred funds.

Lomax

Hmm, that's annoying. It makes it a tad confusing as to how to install the expansions and such you know? Do you just need to install them all except Colonization, which I think is a standalone thing.

Each one is standalone, all you need to install is Beyond the Sword for Civ IV. As I recall they were even standalone at retail. But yeah, it's a bit confusing.

Fox318

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Fox318, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Mafia II -- MB-B33EA078733EDB0E - Taken by Berlok
Bioshock -- MB-573A4488BFF19372 - Taken by WisK

Enco

Just over an hour in Wolfenstein.

Holy CRAP this game is awesome. My first Wolfenstein. Really interesting story, amazing stealth, fun headshot physics and great enemies.

So good.

Finished Wolf Among Us today and thought it was a solid ending. Overall it was definitely a good game. Not sure how it ranks with TWD1. It's has fewer boring moments but the high points aren't as high.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Got another empty M&M's win today. Tried using the card with Steam, got declined. Tried using it to purchase an Amazon gift card, got declined.

gonna stop wasting my time with this silly thing.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Only GAF members who are NOT junior members are eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Bioshock -- MB-03E33BD760F0982D - Taken by AbundantChoice
The Darkness 2 -- MB-EA6D263BDE6C419B - Taken by ussjtrunks

Dr Dogg

Right after watching Germany metaphorically murder Brazil I've got the hankering for a footy game other than FM. What are Pro Evo and Fifa like on PC these days? I know what they are both like on consoles so don't need a run down on mechanics as such but just the performance and silly kneecaps EA and Konami have enforced on them. Cheers in advance.

DogMeat77

Right after watching Germany metaphorically murder Brazil I've got the hankering for a footy game other than FM. What are Pro Evo and Fifa like on PC these days? I know what they are both like on consoles so don't need a run down on mechanics as such but just the performance and silly kneecaps EA and Konami have enforced on them. Cheers in advance.

FIFA 14 on PC is fine but it is "last gen". They did not use the new engine that appears on XB1 and PS4. FIFA 15 launches in Sept and will use the new Engine for PC.

You can get FIFA 14 for roughly $11. I ordered it the other day from Mexican Origin + 60% using the code: BRAZIL2014.

Always been crap for me.

TF2Outpost or Dota2Lounge.
Yeah, I usually stick to TF2Outpost these days, but I opened up Steamtrades to see if there were any unique listings over there.

I'm guessing Counter Strike Complete doesn't spit out extra copies of the stuff you already own.

If I buy keys direct from the Mann Co store in TF2, will they not be tradeable? The markup on the market is crazy.
Think they are tradeable after like 1 week or so. Not really sure whats causing the price on the market to inflate so much usually theyd be €1.70 - €1.78

bacon-bits

Neo Member
Played and finished Lifeless Planet over the weekend. What a great game! I felt the atmosphere and feelings of loneliness made the game fantastic.

DogMeat77

Think they are tradeable after like 1 week or so. Not really sure whats causing the price on the market to inflate so much usually theyd be €1.70 - €1.78

They trade immediately fine for me. I've bought probably 20 keys or so from the TF2 store of the last week or so and haven't had an issue.

SugarDave

My first giveaway! Hopefully I didn't balls anything up.

ModBot said:
Instructions for SugarDave:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (SugarDave, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Spec Ops: The Line -- MB-C8395F81568C7ED1 - Taken by Natty1
The Bureau: XCOM Declassified -- MB-29735991F26FFE6D - Taken by Sofa King
BioShock 2 -- MB-0EA77B7C35805DDF - Taken by Aitor
BioShock -- MB-C197DE35BD3A9F5B - Taken by jmizzal

tylerf

2nd straight m&m code I've got that gets declined everywhere after one a friend gave me. I think I give up at this point, too much hassle.

~Kinggi~

Banned
Was able to nab the Complete Deponia thing for $3.99 at 90% off thanks to owning them all. Only played a bit of the first. Ill just start over on the complete edition. Thats the way to handle compilation collections. Give massive discount for people that already bought the individual games. Plus i get the bonus content now.

pahamrick

Wow. Nice people. You lucky bastige. :p

They're cheaper in store?
I usually use the "grey" market...

Yeah, they're good people. Pretty sure direct from the TF2 store they're $2.49.

they will

Thanks, I'll keep an eye out on the market and buy the keys if the price is low.

Wut. Just came from watching the match and humble tier 2 rose from ~5$ to ~6$
I thought it only would go down? Damn, should've bought earlier :/
Will it go down from here on or even higher?

Also, anyone else not enjoy the match/interested in football? Even as a German after the first 3 goals the match was not fun anymore. It was painful and I felt bad for Brasil. Would have been better if it was a close match.

Scythian

Watched the Abyss Odyssey gameplay video and I'm really interested in the game now, it looks like fun, but I wonder if the fight system holds up, the guys playing don't really look like they know what they're doing, it was more like someone's random demo footage, so I'm not sure if I'm picking this up sooner rather than later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom