• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014 – 25TH THREAD EDITION (2008-2014)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I just uploaded Enhanced Steam for Google Chrome version 6.4.1 to Google. This is a maintenance release that addressed a few issues:

• Fixed a bug where SteamCardExchange links weren't showing properly
  • Fixed a bug where sometimes a user's wishlist wouldn't load properly
  • Fixed a bug that would cause highlighting to not work correctly for some users
  • Fixed a bug that caused PCGamingWiki links not to show correctly
This update should roll out within the next 30 minutes or so if you already have Enhanced Steam installed.

If after updating to version 6.4.1 and you are still experiencing issues with highlighting, you should select "Clear cached data" from the Enhanced Steam menu which can be found at the top of any Steam page.

Speevy

Banned
I have a question about selling cards. Is it a good idea to sell a card from a new game at the price it's recently gone for if that price is really high, or is it just wishful thinking?

RS4-

I have a question about selling cards. Is it a good idea to sell a card from a new game at the price it's recently gone for if that price is really high, or is it just wishful thinking?

i think it's all YMMV, especially with buy orders being implemented. No harm in trying to get as much as you can.

Jawmuncher

From my expierence price on cards always go down and not up. Only exceptions are games taken off steam and card mess ups.

Tellaerin

I tend to sell everything for a penny less than the lowest current price myself, because I price cards to move. That said, it's really your call.

derExperte

I've sold regular cards of a new indie game for 1€ a piece. It's of course luck, sometimes the benevolent/crazy crafters only start buying after the price has come down but some of them really don't care and will buy what is there for whatever price.

Well I'm trying to sell a Q-Bert card for 84 cents. I'll see how ti goes.

Nobody will buy that game so yeah, could work. Prices may even go higher.

Updated my giveaway with what is left in case anyone is interested still:

ModBot said:
Instructions for C00kie M0nster:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 102 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (C00kie M0nster, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.

Iron Grip: Warlord - Scorched Earth DLC -- MB-FD189ED9D39CB084
PID -- MB-886F29750F39C88A
Kingdom Elemental -- MB-7B8EE3F569DBD395
Tribloos 2 -- MB-D5C0F1B686803EBA
Imperial Glory -- MB-75BF05298F6BED06
Rush for Glory -- MB-B7C8C09DC8930409
Fish Fillets 2 -- MB-905F15F355EC8D32
Zack Zero -- MB-48BBE7F5A072D253
1953 - KGB UNLEASHED -- MB-C10841A391CDF420
Thomas Was Alone -- MB-4282EAD644A956BA
Project Aftermath -- MB-EF65978766ED8F6F
A NEW BEGINNING - FINAL CUT -- MB-80D1D0F648073F74
DROID ASSAULT -- MB-6AB322EFA40C6292 - Taken by Darth Kupi
Runespell: Overture -- MB-A83744CE9945866D
Awesomenauts Cluck Costume -- MB-4C5653561CF8F04E
STORM: Frontline Nation -- MB-FE8389439AA94943
DIVO -- MB-E77F6B77657BD2D8
Little Inferno -- MB-93953CA2EEDE6065
CT Special Forces: Fire for Effect -- MB-C895E3AB1752E269
Paranormal State: Poison Spring -- MB-C389F0650B27BAD4
Thomas Was Alone #2 -- MB-F8C8FA9CFC46FA7B
Puzzle Bots -- MB-43D975E8EEDC3E63
Fortix 2 -- MB-C49AF11ECDB1EBB4
Inescapable -- MB-D6BDD43B8AAC85AF
Party Of Sin -- MB-9075636245D8CA57
Heroes of Annihilated Empires -- MB-DBBD8DE86093073D - Taken by bobnowhere
HEROES OF STEEL -- MB-0F8351034047C0D8
ANTISQUAD -- MB-0C94B97FFE929C81

Speevy

Banned
Q-Bert is Q-Bert. They didn't really screw anything up, but don't expect any huge overhauls. It's a $5 game. It has new art work and you can unlock more aliens.

The game saves after each 3 stage level, which I suppose is different from the arcade release.

Aside from that, I don't think many people without an affinity for the arcade game should be falling over themselves to purchase it.

Tellaerin

Q-Bert is Q-Bert. They didn't really screw anything up, but don't expect any huge overhauls. It's a $5 game. It has new art work and you can unlock more aliens.

The game saves after each 3 stage level, which I suppose is different from the arcade release.

Aside from that, I don't think many people without an affinity for the arcade game should be falling over themselves to purchase it.

Doesn't sound bad for what it is. Are the new characters just cosmetic unlocks, or do they play differently from Q*Bert?

liezryou

ModBot said:
Instructions for liezryou:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (liezryou, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Bioshock -- MB-38F75859F05B5035

Speevy

Banned
Doesn't sound bad for what it is. Are the new characters just cosmetic unlocks, or do they play differently from Q*Bert?

I'll let you know when I collect enough gems to unlock one. I'm not sure how they could do much more than hop from place to place though without changing the rules of the game.

Volimar

Bummed at no one giving away infinite.

Started playing Bio 1, but I'm not in the mood for it. Think I'll give The Bureau a shot first.

Shadownet

Banned
thanks to an anonymous gafer who made me aware that there was a birthday thread on GAF. now I know some people birthday.. prepare to be... ;)

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
35 cents per card for 100% Orange Juice! Chicken Emoticons for only 2.50! -_-

I got the OJ card emoticon when I crafted that badge. Disappointed when I saw how little it was going for compared to everything else :|

Oh well, still got that amazing chicken badge. It's by far the best badge of the bunch, it should have been the fifth badge level.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
did i miss a russian price mistake on deponia? o_O I need the latest one

Stump, small ModBot suggestion here, if you don't mind. Now that we're required to say thanks via PM rather than in the thread, would it be possible to put a PM link to the person who held the giveaway in the ModBot "You Win _______" PM? Would make it a lot easier and probably increase the number of people who actually say thanks for their wins.

whats this now? new rule? please say so >_>

Hugstable

Banned
Well those chickens are the definition of badass.

They needed to make the chickens the boss, and not the mud monster with "Boss" stapled to his head.

I got the OJ card emoticon when I crafted that badge. Disappointed when I saw how little it was going for compared to everything else :|

Oh well, still got that amazing chicken badge. It's by far the best badge of the bunch, it should have been the fifth badge level.

Oh darn I kinda wish I hadn't sold my cards now, then I could have got a Chicken badge!

Nabs

I just uploaded Enhanced Steam for Google Chrome version 6.4.1 to Google. This is a maintenance release that addressed a few issues:

• Fixed a bug where SteamCardExchange links weren't showing properly
  • Fixed a bug where sometimes a user's wishlist wouldn't load properly
  • Fixed a bug that would cause highlighting to not work correctly for some users
  • Fixed a bug that caused PCGamingWiki links not to show correctly
This update should roll out within the next 30 minutes or so if you already have Enhanced Steam installed.

If after updating to version 6.4.1 and you are still experiencing issues with highlighting, you should select "Clear cached data" from the Enhanced Steam menu which can be found at the top of any Steam page.

This update seems to have fixed any issues I had with the last version of ES. Thanks!

I never brought it up because it's actually an issue with Steam/Chrome (it kind of logs me out when I close the browser).

jmizzal

I won bioshock in a modbot giveaway

I did get the email after I claimed it

Whats the link to get your humble bundle keys again?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom