• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2015 - Assassin's Creed and Call of Duty Never Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

wilflare

I just bought Neptunia V.

In doing so, I realized that over the course of less than 2 weeks, Tales of Zestiria, Mugen Souls, Trails in the Sky SC and Neptunia V were released on Steam.

Pretty unthinkable just a short while ago.

Is it crazy to hope for Tales of Vesperia to come to Steam?

Knurek

I just bought Neptunia V.

In doing so, I realized that over the course of less than 2 weeks, Tales of Zestiria, Mugen Souls, Trails in the Sky SC and Neptunia V were released on Steam.

Pretty unthinkable just a short while ago.

One of the games is not like the others.

DD:DA needs to have a pre-purchase button added (didn't the devs straight up confirm MOD support recently?)
Kecmo needs to make Gust give a damn about non-Sony platforms.
SEGA needs to make Atlus give a damn about non-Nintendo platforms.
And we need a good curator for RPG Maker games, there's really some gold hidden there among the turds.

Is it crazy to hope for Tales of Vesperia to come to Steam?

Tales of the Best (Abyss with voiced skits, Vesperia with PS3 additions, Rebirth and Destiny Remake with English translation) announcement soon. :)

Hello SteamGAF.

How do I check if a raffle key is unclaimed? I have someone asking about the Insurgency key I posted but I don't know if anyone is being throttled in the queue.

Thanks.

I may have screwed this up but we will pretend it is working as planned.

Happy Halloween! Trick or Treat!

It may be good. It may be shit.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (uncredited male, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Vd1j7n6.png

Mystery Game #3 -- MB-EBE8D56D299A2627 - Taken by TWILT. 23 entrants total.
Mystery Game #2 -- MB-CB723BFC5F48BC6B - Taken by SirMossyBloke. 34 entrants total.
Mystery Game -- MB-5551056DA3B06D66 - Taken by dave is ok. 21 entrants total.
Mystery Game #5 -- MB-70707599BA6A309D - Taken by rainking187. 30 entrants total.
Mystery Game #4 -- MB-E6A8F33CC13DE9BB - Taken by thesaucetastic. 28 entrants total.

t1446357827z1.png

Werd

Vesperia is the only Tales of game I've played, and one of the few lengthy JRPGs I've actually finished (Lost Odyssey is actually the only one that comes to mind). Really enjoyed the characters and combat, though for the latter sections I was just abusing the same combo repeatedly against all enemies. I'm sure I'll end up getting Zestiria once it hits a good discount.

Speaking of JRPGs I did start Trails in the Sky finally, played a couple hours. The writing and leads seem charming enough so far, but no one aspect has really impressed me yet. Hopefully once the plot kicks into high gear it hooks me.

So guys, I just upgrade to W10 and did a clean install.

What should I use to watch videos? I was gonna install VLC as I always do, but I remember in the old thread some people talking about better alternatives...

Any suggestions?

aw350

Banned
So guys, I just upgrade to W10 and did a clean install.

What should I use to watch videos? I was gonna install VLC as I always do, but I remember in the old thread some people talking about better alternatives...

Any suggestions?

I am using a portable version of KMPlayer. I started using it a long time ago because this was the only player that would play anything and not make any changes to the system - you just unpack the archive and go. Other players are perhaps doing the same today, but I never bothered to check, because I am all set.

Dr Dogg

Absolute anime corrupts absolutely.

Anyway great work on the OT jshackles and all those who contributed.

In a hypocritical/paradoxical fashion can I get my grubby hands on the Lightning Returns recommendation for next month? Assuming we're not left hanging again.

DrDogg writes long recommendations, damn.

Well it's a tricky one. On one hand they're both known quantities and anyone after a CoD or AssCreed knows what they're getting into at this point. On the other they're both not really on the radar of most folks that post in here. So it's either a quick 'you know the score by now' paragraph or big info dump but try to jazz it up and add a bit of personality to them so not to sound like a sales pitch.

Few factoids mind. My MGSV draft recommendation was longer than a handful of professional reviews, AssCreed Syndicate is longer the the OT here and contains more accurate info and with the included story breakdown for BLOPs III (which the majority I cutout as most of it was based on limited info and speculation) had me at about 1,900 words which was just shy of all the text in the first post of last months OT. Then again when MRORANGE brought them in he only wanted 60-100 words and I was almost 4 times that off the bat gushing over Killer is Dead.

yuraya

Finished up RE Revelations.

I..I don't even know what to say tbh. Like the game started off kinda slow but eventually picked up. I enjoyed the locale but the story was very bad. Most of it was just weird. I expected better.

I would give it a 5.5 out of 10.

Also fuck all the swimming sections. The controls are way too tedious as is. There was no need for all that additional nonsense.

Knurek

Just spent better part of an hour debugging various problems earlier RPG Maker games have on Win10, instead of, you know, actually playing games.

Never change PC gaming.

Seriously, never change. Or, if possible, bring back IRQ conficts, jumper mismatches and everything sweet that was before Plug & Play.

Valve sent me an email saying that my steam wallet would be converted to Taiwanese dollar on Nov 3rd, I don't know if the other currencies on the same wave would roll out on the same day.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Finished up RE Revelations.

I..I don't even know what to say tbh. Like the game started off kinda slow but eventually picked up. I enjoyed the locale but the story was very bad. Most of it was just weird. I expected better.

I would give it a 5.5 out of 10.

Also fuck all the swimming sections. The controls are way too tedious as is. There was no need for all that additional nonsense.

Revelations 2 improves on Revelations 1 in every way. It actually has a pretty good RE story, improved basically everything about Revelations 1 in my opinion (except Raid Mode). Better action, better horror, better tension, better location, better bosses, much better story, better ending, better quirks, etc.

Monooboe

Got a little scared in my sleepy morning rituals, checking SteamGAF only to see it the thread closed and for a second I was totally "whaaaa whats happening!?"
*facepalm* haha.

Alright today is the day, going to try and finish the mainquest of Witcher 3.

aw350

Banned
(Notes from a noob: just read about how Workshop addons work - autoupdate, etc. So simple and elegant. Steam truly is a great platform.)

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Anno 2205 getting no love in the OP?

Come on now, if you were going to highlight 1 Ubisoft PC game there, at least highlight the good one.

aw350

Banned
One thing that speaks in favor of VLC for me is that it can transcode. Again, I don't know if MPC-HC can do that, maybe it can, but VLC can for sure and sometimes this is useful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom