• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2015 - Assassin's Creed and Call of Duty Never Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

dex3108

Reviewers for the console versions are still waiting for it to finish up loading.

LOL

giphy.gif

Tizoc

ah thanks, I start my battles with a com+syn+sab. after everything is buffed I change over to a com+rav+rav team. I'll try your out, I've been leveling vanilles SAB mostly so shouldn't be a problem.

Tidus is better than Lightning, at least if she doesn't get better soon. 6 hours in and I can't feel anything for her not even sympathy.

SYN is mainly useful against early bosses, but during Mid to late game, you can finish boss fighs faster thanks to SAB debuffs. SYN is good but don't rely on it all the time because they make fights last needlessly longer.

Also don't bother upgrading weapons or accessories, once you get far enough into the game you will have the resources to better upgrade the weapons you want, so save your gil for then.
Finally some acc. and weapons offer a bonus passive such as increased defense etc. Just test out a bunch of items together and see what you get.

Knurek

Apparently, PS4 got a CPU boost.

From B710 to B720, I guess.

Am I being too generous?

Nah FF6 is not just "alright". It's one of my two favourite FFs along with FFX.

It's a terrible joke of a non-game.
Even the SNES version.
Only thing it has going for it is the music. Rest is crap.

Tizoc

So about Dragon Quest Heroes
Graphics options supported for high end PCs:
Rendering resolution
Shadow processing
Glare adjustment
Turning movie scene playback on and off
Number of characters displayed
Draw distance
Texture Quality

Support for both full-screen and windowed display modes
Support for a maximum frame rate of 60fps
Support for full HD display at a maximum resolution of 1920 x 1080
http://store.steampowered.com/app/410850/

Thoughts on this?

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
My favourite FF is by far XII, not that the pool of contestants are big but it's the best of the few I've played.

I'm looking forward to the inevitable announcement of the Final Fantasy XII PS2 Classic on PSN that's playable on the PS4 and includes upscaling and trophy support.
Believe.

zkylon

zkylewd
This is going to fail on the last day by 50k and leave a trail of broken dreams.

Also I'm really not feeling that Red art. Somethings off about it.

no way, last day is a big push, even if they already got a last day out of this campaign before the extension

I've never played Crisis. I don't even know if my rig can run Crysis

man remember crysis

that game was cool

i wish we had gotten another one of those

FFVI is my favorite but that may be due to nostalgia. My fondest memories as a child are of the opening cinematic amd freaking out over the music and sweet graphics. Never did beat it at the time or even get relatively far but those few scenes are engrained in my memory.

I'm definitely enjoying Warhammer: The End Times: Vermintide: Subtitle: Subtitle 2 more than I did in the beta, the performance is definitely better, while not entirely were it should be I can totally play it with mostly 60fps at medium/high settings and it still looks really nice too.

I bought it at launch and I enjoyed it less than I expected. Performance issues (though it got a bit better with updates), loot system that makes it hard and slow to get new equipment, bots AI worse than L4D2 and you can't even change weapons during the levels (but only before or at the start of them) which makes things a bit repetitive. Also, melee focused combat -- which is not a bad thing, only it doesn't seem that deep here but just serviceable.

Basically I still prefer going back to L4D2 when it comes to this sort of game. Or the usual KF1 (or 2).

Though I will play more of it when the free DLC comes out.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Ewww. HD PS4/Vita game or bust

Normally I would agree with you, but the screenshots of those PS2 Star Wars games look pretty legit, like they were upscaled with a decent PC using an emulator. And trophy support is pretty sweet too.

The game looks great when emulated properly on PC. I'm assuming that Sony's built-in emulator won't have as much power behind it, but that it will also be much more efficient.

Dr Dogg

I'm looking forward to the inevitable announcement of the Final Fantasy XII PS2 Classic on PSN that's playable on the PS4 and includes upscaling and trophy support.
Believe.

And not be FFXII IZJS because languages (despite the translation patch being 99.99% recurring accurate).

Benedict

Here's a quickie for you.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Benedict, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Fine Sweeper -- MB-C2E9C9A160A25E53 - Taken by shockdude

XShagrath

I thought the sale was over today, and was excited to see what the daily deal was. Then it says the sale is going on until tomorrow.

Winter sale is going to blow if it's just like this. :(

Knurek

I thought the sale was over today, and was excited to see what the daily deal was. Then it says the sale is going on until tomorrow.

Winter sale is going to blow if it's just like this. :(

Don't worry, there will be other, better sales by other, better storefronts.

Corpekata

Banned
Redhead looks like one of my favorite vocalists now. At least, when she was younger. Proportions (except maybe the waist) seem realistic enough.

Think he means it's not a good design of the character (she's from Transistor). Which I kind of agree on, she didn't translate as well as the other guest characters.

Sarcasm

So with all this talk about dark souls and not being able to get DKSII...

I originally got DKSI on PS3. Down the road got gifted on PC. I stopped playing months ago. I am in the library. I have a few questions:

1) Do I use the beta 2.0? I enabled it and got dsfix 2.4 working (internal reso up and 60 fps booyah)
2) I am kind of stuck in a spot since I don't know how to play it anymore
3) I don't know what I was doing and speccing....

Corpekata

Banned
So with all this talk about dark souls and not being able to get DKSII...

I originally got DKSI on PS3. Down the road got gifted on PC. I stopped playing months ago. I am in the library. I have a few questions:

1) Do I use the beta 2.0? I enabled it and got dsfix 2.4 working (internal reso up and 60 fps booyah)

I don't think 2 and 3 are questions.

Hanzou

I also posted this in the steam link thread but am kind of in a rush for an answer and this thread is much faster so here goes...

So I know you can stream you desktop with the link a couple different ways but I just want to confirm that you can stream Netflix or YouTube etc. So on the link I can get to my desktop, load up chrome, go to Netflix and start watching something? Can I do this all from the link with a keyboard and mouse? I assume the quality will be as Good or better as the steam games I would be streaming?

That was when they were transitioning to steam from GFWL, so no.
Where?
Can be rough but fret not, one should be able to finish the game even with "wrong" speccing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom