• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2015 - Assassin's Creed and Call of Duty Never Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
because if a gaffer had posted it 30s later no one would have cared so why let a thread die if gaf is still going to discuss it

You're right, we should allow the site to be co-opted by publishers doing viral marketing ARGs because people are going to get hyped anyway so why even bother trying to make it an independent space for people to discuss things.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Apologies to Stump but I want to move on from this disaster. I promise to make a needlessly brutal Lightning Returns trivia to make up for it. The answer to this trivia is exactly the same as it was when it was previously posted.

It's not a disaster, it's been fun watching them squirm!

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
You're right, we should allow the site to be co-opted by publishers doing viral marketing ARGs because people are going to get hyped anyway so why even bother trying to make it an independent space for people to discuss things.

I agree with the decision at least.

Jazz573

No I agree it should be locked. I just was confused why one mod let it stay open and another locked it.

Tizoc

qVdYZvS.jpg

Greetings to the great people of SteamGAF.
As is tradition, the conclusion of Steam Sales means Crom blesses thee with the chance of winning at least one of a group of much desired magik empowered entertainment venues.

Test your luck and laugh at the Four Winds whether you win or not.
It brings Crom much joy.
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 8 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Adventures of Pip -- MB-701555E520DB0696 - Taken by maty. 32 entrants total.
Grandia II -- MB-25D761C265FDC36F - Taken by CheesecakeRecipe. 84 entrants total.
Binary Domain -- MB-02950093867DBC19 - Taken by gurm3n. 18 entrants total.
Kero Blast -- MB-4A753763BBA2CED4 - Taken by Nzyme32. 46 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
Dragon Quest Heroes -- MB-C39883C1DC70E83F - Taken by Messiah. 129 entrants total.
Ikaruga -- MB-1EE300FF7E883AB6 - Taken by AsylumX. 45 entrants total.
Freedom Planet -- MB-C072A0E740E41EFD - Taken by AcademicSaucer. 4 entrants total.
Dungeons & Dragons: Chronicles of Mystara -- MB-CE724EFB3A0854F1 - Taken by pantsattack. 25 entrants total.

t1448998284z1.png

Crom will have his feeble servant, the gnat whose task of offering you such joy, apologize for neglecting to provide the 2nd chapter of TITS. Crom is aware of how desired it is, for even He can appreciate a plump chest.

Dr Dogg

Every ARG I've seen as it's running its course has left me more disappointed than excited. They're usually too obtuse or deliberately strung out for my tastes. I'm just a simple bloke, who likes simple things.

Nzyme32

For anyone interested in what is going on for the game awards, it seems the "world premieres" so far include:

- Far Cry Primal
- Quantum Break
- Mortal Komat X [probably new character]
- Oculus "Special Announcement"
- 6 other things

The first 4 things don't really fill me with much excitement, or care at all

No I agree it should be locked. I just was confused why one mod let it stay open and another locked it.

Same. Was pretty sure that sort of stuff wasn't allowed

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
qVdYZvS.jpg

As is tradition, the conclusion of Steam Sales means Crom blesses thee with the chance of winning at least one of a group of much desired magik empowered entertainment venues.

It brings Crom much joy.

Crom will have his feeble servant, the gnat whose task of offering you such joy, apologize for neglecting to provide the 2nd chapter of TITS. Crom is aware of how desired it is, for even He can appreciate a plump chest.

Thanks for the great giveaway tizoc!

Of course I and a massive amount of people will go for DQH here.

Sober

On a weird note, Unity and Rogue are no longer on sale separately. You gotta buy the 2-pack. Ubi gonna Ubi I guess.

Found this gem in the OPM TV OT.
I literally am not surprised something like that would even exist. And unironically too because I'm pretty sure I've seen those exact posts re: TW3 or the Souls series posted unironically all the time on gaming side.

zkylon

zkylewd
grandia is on steam?

forgotten about it

all i remember from my 12 year old playing it is a butt touching scene

forgot which grandia it was, might've been 3

I also posted this in the steam link thread but am kind of in a rush for an answer and this thread is much faster so here goes...

So I know you can stream you desktop with the link a couple different ways but I just want to confirm that you can stream Netflix or YouTube etc. So on the link I can get to my desktop, load up chrome, go to Netflix and start watching something? Can I do this all from the link with a keyboard and mouse? I assume the quality will be as Good or better as the steam games I would be streaming?
You can indeed.

L.O.R.D

qVdYZvS.jpg

It brings Crom much joy.

giphy.gif

damm , this is i giveaway

BTW , all those are codes or steam gift ?

I actually got to go soon but Jawmuncher posted the vid with the answer in it a while back. It is the joke paradox ending with the Flan. Three of the images are about characters being their own grandpa. The first one is the Futurama one which is a paradox and then the others make 3. Also the Flan after that could have led you to it as it is in the title. It is the third paradox on the area map image.

The last 3 are just king, poison, and say. All the flan king says is "incredible!" when he will get the poison per Mog.

In the future I will decouple knowledge of the game from its trivia unless it is a mystery with the title as the answer. Learning experience for me and maybe someone else. Commence salting. Bye for now.

EDIT - Articles in english grammar are a and the.

Dr Dogg

For anyone interested in what is going on for the game awards, it seems the "world premieres" so far include:

- Far Cry Primal
- Quantum Break
- 6 other things

Did the definition of premier change while I wasn't paying attention?

dex3108

Quantum Break will be TV Show trailer showed for the first time - world premiere, Far Cry Primal gameplay will be shown for the first time - world premiere. World premiere =/= game announcement.

Nzyme32

Yes it did, same as last year and all the other VGA things. "Premier" seemingly means new ads. If I was to personify this new version of "Premier" it would be with some sort of video of feral Black Friday retail shoppers

Uzzy

- Far Cry Primal
- Quantum Break
- 6 other things

It shouldn't have premieres or trailers for forthcoming games in the first place, but really, this list is pretty laughable.

I'm glad that the Westwood chaps are getting honoured at the awards, but if that's just a chance for some EA manager to come out and announce their all new Command and Conquer I will kill someone.

Dr Dogg

Quantum Break will be TV Show trailer showed for the first time - world premiere, Far Cry Primal gameplay will be shown for the first time - world premiere. World premiere =/= game announcement.

And the butchery of language for sales and promotion continues. Of course folks lap this shit up like the little lambs that they are. Imagine if the Oscars or the Grammys paused to show you a trailer or snippet of a upcoming album. Judging by the threads here lots of folks couldn't give a fuck about any awards at all.

Messiah

I actually got to go soon but Jawmuncher posted the vid with the answer in it a while back. It is the joke paradox ending with the Flan. Three of the images are about characters being their own grandpa. The first one is the Futurama one which is a paradox and then the others make 3. Also the Flan after that could have led you to it as it is in the title. It is the third paradox on the area map image.

The last 3 are just king, poison, and say. All the flan king says is "incredible!" when he will get the poison per Mog.

In the future I will decouple knowledge of the game from its trivia unless it is a mystery with the title as the answer. Learning experience for me and maybe someone else. Commence salting. Bye for now.

EDIT - Articles in english grammar are a and the.

Thanks for the clarification.

I enjoyed chasing the hints and thinking about them for what it's worth. Although I think it's hard to figure out the exact answer that needs to be sent to modbot in this case.

qVdYZvS.jpg

It brings Crom much joy.

Are you Santa? Has Christmas come early?

So I bought Witcher 3 and ended up refunding due to getting about 47-50 frames on medium at 720p. I figured that was no way to experience its majesty. See you next year sweet prince when I get around to building that rig.

polygon just ruined my week, my month, the rest of the year

fucking hell

wanna talk about it bud

Nzyme32

It shouldn't have premieres or trailers for forthcoming games in the first place, but really, this list is pretty laughable.

I'm glad that the Westwood chaps are getting honoured at the awards, but if that's just a chance for some EA manager to come out and announce their all new Command and Conquer I will kill someone.

Absolutely. Although unfortunately I'm sure EA will try to get in there. The only possible saving grace is if there can be a rerelease of the Blade Runner game or new Blade Runner game to coincide with the new movie - but EA would screw that up too I'm sure.

Nzyme32

Last year's was ok, hope I won't forget and miss the show. Don't know when it is yet.

I think it is on Thursday. Not sure where you are located but it's on at 2am GMT (Friday) for UK folks, which just isn't going to work for me. I think it gets uploaded directly to YouTube anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom