• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2015 - Assassin's Creed and Call of Duty Never Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ozium

Gaming side has taught me that if it a game doesn't receive a 9 or 10 it is garbage.

and Uncharted 4 is going to be 11/10

would Gaming side lie?

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
Gaming side has taught me that if it a game doesn't receive a 9 or 10 it is garbage.

and Uncharted 4 is going to be 11/10

would Gaming side lie?

They also told me if it's made by naughty dog it's an automatic +8 on the review.
That's why they cry if the game gets below a 8.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
they gave xenoblade X a 7/10

so it's shit

was looking forward to it.. oh well

Most places are reviewing Devil's Third at 2.5 out of 10 all the way up to 3.5 out of 10.

image.php

You don't strike me as the type of person who cares whether or not the gaming press agrees with your opinions on games.

Ozium

Most places are reviewing Devil's Third at 2.5 out of 10 all the way up to 3.5 out of 10.

image.php

You don't strike me as the type of person who cares whether or not the gaming press agrees with your opinions on games.

Those people are dumb and cannot see the genius of TOMONOBU ITAGAKI

and yes I'm still getting X, I'm just horsing around

Faynwulf

I feel like review scores are overrated to begin with. Websites should just write a small conclusion to a review why you should or shouldn't buy a game.

I think it is on Thursday. Not sure where you are located but it's on at 2am GMT (Friday) for UK folks, which just isn't going to work for me. I think it gets uploaded directly to YouTube anyway.
Yeah, expected late hours since it's US. Will likely stay up late not unlike E3, haha.

I feel like review scores are overrated to begin with. Websites should just write a small conclusion to a review why you should or shouldn't buy a game.

They fucking do though and people can't even be asked to look at even that.

Just the big ass number, that's all they care about.

Even worse now as they only look at the Metacritic score and not even individual scores anymore.

Amzin

I am super bummed about Transformers: Devastation being sold out on GMG. I almost bought it at 20% off >.< I'll keep waiting until the Winter sales I guess

Regginator

hmm that's weird. I'm using hola vpn on nuuvem and it adds the games in the cart, but whenever I try to pay with paypal it says in portuguese something in the lines of the product isn't available in your region. what's the point in even having hola??

Faynwulf

They fucking do though and people can't even be asked to look at even that.

Just the big ass number.

I stopped looking at numbers a long time ago. Hell, I stopped looking at reviews altogether. I already know that most games get a rating between 70 to 90. Over that when a site got paid and under that line when the game is a complete clusterfuck.

Maybe I'm a bit cynical... But I rather look at some gameplay and decide through that if I buy something.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
If the MB code stays the same and/or you see the "the key was previously used but was not claimed, updating giveaway rules" warning message, you're OK. If the user changes the way they write the key and makes a separate giveaway, there can be a mess.

Tizoc

If the MB code stays the same and/or you see the "the key was previously used but was not claimed, updating giveaway rules" warning message, you're OK. If the user changes the way they write the key and makes a separate giveaway, there can be a mess.

Ah in that case the MB codes are the same I got that message for all 8 when I sent the PM to ModBot.
In that case no need to PM if you already did :3

Soulflarz

Banned
You're right, we should allow the site to be co-opted by publishers doing viral marketing ARGs because people are going to get hyped anyway so why even bother trying to make it an independent space for people to discuss things.

Pls I didnt say it was right I was just assuming thats why ;-;

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
hmm that's weird. I'm using hola vpn on nuuvem and it adds the games in the cart, but whenever I try to pay with paypal it says in portuguese something in the lines of the product isn't available in your region. what's the point in even having hola??

There isn't, as Hola is not only untrustworthy, Nuuvem purchases now have an address check during checkout with Paypal. If your address isn't from an appropriate region, you'll be turned away. VPNs for purchases are now worthless, only for activation-level restrictions.

Dr Dogg

Serious question, what do you folks want from or look for in games reviews/criticism these days? Just bullet points will do like:-

• Performance metrics
  • List of bugs
  • Length and description of content
  • Critic I'm familiar with take on a game
  • Tick off the score in my head I've graded a game I haven't played but preordered already

And such like.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

K7GXagI.png

Mystery Gift #3 -- MB-9CDDB0EC6263FB46 - Taken by OmarYusaf. 8 entrants total.
Mystery Gift #2 -- MB-B84D30BED71CF220 - Taken by Nzyme32. 12 entrants total.
Mystery Gift -- MB-24287768947FB9D8 - Taken by Red Hood. 8 entrants total.

t1448925205z1.png

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

K7GXagI.png

Mystery Gift #3 -- MB-9CDDB0EC6263FB46 - Taken by OmarYusaf. 8 entrants total.
Mystery Gift #2 -- MB-B84D30BED71CF220 - Taken by Nzyme32. 12 entrants total.
Mystery Gift -- MB-24287768947FB9D8 - Taken by Red Hood. 8 entrants total.

t1448925205z1.png
This is all Bat Rats

Don't let the fact that there's a sale going on fool you

KainXVIII

qVdYZvS.jpg

Greetings to the great people of SteamGAF.
As is tradition, the conclusion of Steam Sales means Crom blesses thee with the chance of winning at least one of a group of much desired magik empowered entertainment venues.

Test your luck and laugh at the Four Winds whether you win or not.
It brings Crom much joy.

Crom will have his feeble servant, the gnat whose task of offering you such joy, apologize for neglecting to provide the 2nd chapter of TITS. Crom is aware of how desired it is, for even He can appreciate a plump chest.

DQH, here i come!

Faynwulf

I always wanted to play a Total War game. But I'm a bit unsure which one I should get. Should I buy Shogun 2 or pay a bit more and buy Rome 2: Emperors Edition?

Shantom

There isn't, as Hola is not only untrustworthy, Nuuvem purchases now have an address check during checkout with Paypal. If your address isn't from an appropriate region, you'll be turned away. VPNs for purchases are now worthless, only for activation-level restrictions.

There are still a few games that are meant to be SA only but don't have a Paypal check, e.g. Mushihimesama

I always wanted to play a Total War game. But I'm a bit unsure which one I should get. Should I buy Shogun 2 or pay a bit more and buy Rome 2: Emperors Edition?

Rome 2 was poor on release. A year+ of patches brought it up to a decent standard, but Shogun 2 is still the better game.

Parsnip

Serious question, what do you folks want from or look for in games reviews/criticism these days? Just bullet points will do like:-

• Performance metrics
  • List of bugs
  • Length and description of content
  • Critic I'm familiar with take on a game
  • Tick off the score in my head I've graded a game I haven't played but preordered already

And such like.

"Is it good?" from a critic I'm familiar with is enough more often than not. Bugs and performance information and shit I get from other sources, like a PC performance thread.

Faynwulf

Rome 2 was poor on release. A year+ of patches brought it up to a decent standard, but Shogun 2 is still the better game.

Thanks! That's one of the things that confused me after reading about the series. Somany people said that Rome 2 has gotten much better after patches and dlc. But no one said anything about the new state of the game compared to Shogun 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom