• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Winter Sale 2022 |OT| My Deck Is Ready

VN1X

Banned
Only a few (for now) which are:

About 3 and a half hours into SW3 and am really enjoying it. If it can give me another 3 hours of gameplay then money well spent imo. It looks fantastic and feels intuitive to play as well. Also very happy with the performance as I'm pushing 200 frames at 1440p with everything on high. Love this new rig!

VN1X

Banned
And I'm this close to getting MVC but fuckin' hell... they didn't even offer early adopters a launch discount? Super odd.

Otherwise it looks right up my alley though.

Bought Command & Conquer Remastered without thinking much to then find out it also includes Red Alert.

clipboard07t3chv.jpg

How does this play on Deck?

Sleepwalker

Did the same.

Mods and the upcoming ray tracing patch are why.
Triple dip here (ps xbox thru gameshare and different country for like 20% of msrp, pc)... ffs havent even finished the game or played a ton of it lmao

Last edited:

GymWolf

The PS4 pro version running on the PS5 performed better than the PC version on my 2070 super at the time.

Quite frankly the game was a bit of a mess on PC at launch.
I swear i played the game a couple of days after launch and i had very minor stuttering on my 2070super, 90% playable.

Bragr

Banned
Some great classics going for a few bucks:

- Max Payne 1 and 2
- Sleeping Dogs
- Pyre
- Dead Rising
- FEAR Trilogy

Has anyone played Yaga or Endless Space 2? they look solid, but it also seems like the sort of games that are good but maybe not great enough to keep you playing beyond the first few hours. I have too many games like that rotting in the backlog.

GymWolf

Some great classics going for a few bucks:

- Max Payne 1 and 2
- Sleeping Dogs
- Pyre
- Dead Rising
- FEAR Trilogy

Has anyone played Yaga or Endless Space 2? they look solid, but it also seems like the sort of games that are good but maybe not great enough to keep you playing beyond the first few hours. I have too many games like that rotting in the backlog.
Try to sold me on pyre.

Is the pure gameplay part any good\challenging?

GymWolf

I have no fucking idea, never played it, just bought it since it was cheap and it's a Supergiant game, always been skeptical about the sports/combat angle it takes.
I'm a supergiant fanboy since their first game but i was never fully convinced by pyre, the sport part looks easy\simple AF.

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
I'm a supergiant fanboy since their first game but i was never fully convinced by pyre, the sport part looks easy\simple AF.

I too love Supergiant's output but Pyre did not click with me at all. I last played 2019 and only made it 5.5 hours before dropping it. The sport part was easy, I don't think I lost a match. I can't remember what exactly turned me off but I do remember it being boring.

That said, I know a lot of people really enjoy the game.

Last edited:

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Bought three more games:
  • Immortality
  • Not for Broadcast
  • Strange Horticulture

Holammer

Got some Steam wallet money burning a hole... Anyone recommend a game for around £8 that's good on deck? I have Vampire Survivor so something else...
How about Dead Cells? A roguelike metroidvania. Goes for roughly 10 pounderydoos.

Grabbed some additional games. Had a great time playing TMNT:SR with a friend using Steam Play Together.
Both games have outstanding graphics and I like the developers.

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
Got some Steam wallet money burning a hole... Anyone recommend a game for around £8 that's good on deck? I have Vampire Survivor so something else...
If you want a VS-like, Brotato is supposed to really good.

should i get 3dmark for 8.70? i really want a cool benchmarking tool to look at pretty pictures
It's handy but I just stick to the free ones for benchmarking. Unless you have a couple of computers to test, I don't think it's worth it.

Rhazkul

Picked up Dead Cell complete, Prodeus, Slay the Spire

Had DC and STS on Switch but wanted them on the Deck

Excellent choices and excellent taste. I only picked up Nova Drift. A lot EA titles (early access - not Electronic (F)arts) on my wishlist, but i don't buy early access games usually.

chixdiggit

Less than 3 hours left. May I suggest some cheap grabs:

Some fun online and local split screen PVP

Top tier Open world action

Awesome arcade carnage. Funny to boot

Third person treasure hunting

Really fun traditional Roguelike

Midn1ght

Didn't buy a lot this sale but got a few quality one.

Yakuza Kiwami 1 & 2
Hoa
Bugsnax (+Soundtrack)
Cloudpunk Ultimate Edition (+Soundtrack)
htoL#NiQ: The Firefly Diary (+Soundtrack)
Okami HD
Quantum Break

Almost bought FFVII Remake on GMG but decided to hold for now. Started playing FFXIII instead.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Ended up getting a few more. Already beat Yakuza 0 thorugh family share but still wanted to own it myself.

Ho18oqa.png

Holammer

My final purchases. I was about to leave Tinykin till it reached 50% off (policy for "free" games), but Banjo64 won me over, plus the demo was really good.
Had Bug fables in my wishlist for ages, noticed a sudden influx of related memes & images on KYM recently, part of a viral ad campaign? If it was, it worked.

Top Bottom