• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Winter Sale 2022 |OT| My Deck Is Ready

Been eyeing Hitman 3 for a good while. And Deck verified. Other than that a lot of the stuff I'm seeing was already discounted or was within the last couple of weeks?

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Been thinking of picking up an Assassin's Creed game I can play on PC / Deck, $20 to spend

(gold edition)

or

?

I've played Origins before (but not the expansion) when it first released, but I really liked it. Played the first part of Valhalla before but it didn't grab me (it was at launch and was buggy and I never went back to it)

Last edited:

Raphael

Been thinking of picking up an Assassin's Creed game I can play on PC / Deck, $20 to spend

(gold edition)

or

?

I've played Origins before (but not the expansion) when it first released, but I really liked it. Played the first part of Valhalla before but it didn't grab me (it was at launch and was buggy and I never went back to it)
Odyssey?

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Played 250+ hours on Xbox. Amazing game (and looks like it runs good on the Deck). But since I just finished it last year and put so many hours into it, I'm not really prepared to return and start it over - yet.

EDIT: hmm it looks like Valhalla has cross platform cloud saves, that's enticing

Last edited:

kittoo

Cretinously credulous
Just bought the following-

Witcher 3 complete edition (Steam)
A Plagues Tale: Requiem (Epic. Already finished on gamepass but want to support the developers)
Callisto protocol (Epic)
Alfred Hitchcock Vertigo (Epic)
Deliver us the moon (Epic)
Mafia Definitive Edition (Epic)
Steelrising (Epic)

Dat 25% off epic coupon too hard to resist. And I dont mind the launcher at all. Epic and Steam are now my 2 main platforms.

Last edited:

JayK47

Hoping to get a Steam gift card for Christmas. A few games have a decent discount that I may pick up. Jurassic World Evolution 2 has a decent discount. I really enjoyed the first game.

Dr.Morris79

Gold Member
Turok 1+2
Nex Machina
Binding of isaac DLC's
Trails SC
Cryptark
Nightmare reaper
Enter the Gungeon
Both Ori's

Plus the other shite in the last sale and on Xbox and Playstation thats it, i'm done for the year.

..Well fucked off Dark souls 2 and 3 are not in the sale AGAIN though, really wanted them on the Deck.

Oh, picked up Red Dead 2 for the Ps4 today for £8 an all :messenger_tears_of_joy:

My missus loves all these games. It makes her wet when I show her my hoard

Deffo be getting laid tonight after this Steam sale.

Not impressed with Steam sales yet again. Only made a couple purchases over the last few years, it’s crazy how digital sales have dried up since flash sales stopped. I’ve completely stopped impulse buys.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Picked up:
  • Mass Effect Legendary Edition
  • Trials of Mana
Meh. I have ME on Origin but I can't play that on my Steam Deck hassle free. Bummed that Chrono Cross is not on sale. Cmon.

Celcius

°Temp. member
Has anyone here played the new Melty Blood? Does it have a story mode on par with say Blazblue or Guilty Gear?

bender

What time is it?
Think I'll get Shiren and Cruelty Squad. Cruetly Squad shows unsupported on Deck but there are videos of it running on the device.

Evil Calvin

Afraid of Boobs
Noita will give you 100h+ easy.
Prepare for the "what does this thing do", followed by instant death. Over and over again.

Noice, no Uplay/Connect required either, I might actually buy it.
Just looked up Noita. I see its a 'roguelike' but does anything carry over from run to run? Any progression?

Dr.Morris79

Gold Member
If you have played blasphemous,grime,dark devotion,deaths gambit or any other recent 2d soulslike game you know what to expect. The metroidvania elements are not as heavy as blasphemous but the combat was a little bit tighter than deaths gambit.
Spot on 👍

Nice to see another gamer that knows his shizz :messenger_sunglasses:

Well, here’s what I got

Crash Nsane Trilogy
Spyro Trilogy
Alfred Hitchcock’s Vertigo
Gorogoa
The Artful Escape
Mad Games Tycoon
Jurassic World Evolution 2
Hot wheels Unleashed goty
Fable Anniversary
Stray
Valkyrie Elysium

GymWolf

Bough brotato, reviews are extremely positive and after vampire survivor nobody should ignore cheap indie games

Also as an italian, i love potatoes

Rocco-Siffredi-Amica-Chips-Pubblicita-Patatine-2.gif

one of best vampire survivor clones is also in discount:

Last edited:

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
Bough brotato, reviews are extremely positive and after vampire survivor nobody should ignore cheap indie games

Also as an italian, i love potatoes

Rocco-Siffredi-Amica-Chips-Pubblicita-Patatine-2.gif

one of best vampire survivor clones is also in discount:

Dude these look bad ass. Wishlisted and might pick them up when my xmas activities are wrapped.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
I have an offer for 2 months of Choice for $6/mo. This is tempting.

Yep, I got the same offer and activated it. I’d wanted Greedfall and Wasteland 3 anyways. I sold off two of the game that didn’t interest me, so I’m only in it for $2.50.

There’s some decent stuff in the Trove, including Humble’s new publishing releases like Ghost Song.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
I’m having choice paralysis, because I always over analyze everything.

I think it’s going to come down to…

Thymesia
Kena Bridge of Spirits
Uncharted
Warhammer Inquisitor
Turbo Overkill
Tiny Tina’s Wonderlands

On a side note Marauders caught my eye last night, and looks pretty badass.

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
Yep, I got the same offer and activated it. I’d wanted Greedfall and Wasteland 3 anyways. I sold off two of the game that didn’t interest me, so I’m only in it for $2.50.

There’s some decent stuff in the Trove, including Humble’s new publishing releases like Ghost Song.
I played Wasteland 3 on Gamepass and loved the hell out of it. Absolutely one of my favorite CRPGs. I don't know if I want to replay the entire thing, though.

Ghost Song looks interesting too. Wasn't the dev originally a Gaf poster? I seem to remember seeing screenshots posted in the indie dev community thread way back in the day.

Top Bottom