• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Stefanie Joosten Working on New Game Vengeance is Mine

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Stefanie Joosten is taking the lead as creative director of a new mech combat game currently titled Vengeance is Mine.

Joosten, who was almost cast as Fragile in Death Stranding, announced the new game recently through a short video posted to her Twitter. There, she briefly introduced Vengeance is Mine, which she described as a game that blends genres and themes in unexpected ways and innovates on industry standards as gamers know them.

According to the official blurb, Vengeance is Mine tells the story of Gabriel Jaeger, who is brutally executed by three time travelers going to 1664 in search of an old piece of technology that will lead them to a terrible power. In a plot that wouldn't be out of place in a Metal Gear Solid game, Charles Jaeger uses the technology to activate the Deacon, a derelict military installation buried under the streets of New Amsterdam. This rallies the people to meet their spiritual leader Robert Wright "beyond the horizon of time and space." However, Gabriel Jaeger narrowly survives his execution and prepares to wreak his revenge using a prototype HYDRA mech suit, which appears to be shown off during the video.

Vengeance is Mine will be published by 110 Industries and will reportedly feature a time-manipulation mechanic that may function similarly to the more popular bullet-time functions found in some action games. This will apparently allow players to speed up time or slow it to blink toward enemies, readjust combos, or even cheat death. Metal Gear veteran Joosten states that this title is more than just a game, which may suggest that she took a leaf from Hideo Kojima's notoriously bizarre and creative book.

Last edited:

STARSBarry

Gold Member
Is the director for this also creepily following her around like he just wants to drop the pretense and ask her for sex but dousent have the balls for it, so instead concocted the most bizarre excuse to have her fully captured in 3D with as little clothing as possible.

rapid32.5

Voice actress to creative director eh? Seems a little suspect to me.
Stefanie Joosten says Vengeance is Mine for not being in Death Stranding to Kojima as creative director. My first thought. Not saying she is mad at him but so many similar pieces of one puzzle. And the game is two years due from now. Can't wait to see what it is, and hope it's great.

Last edited:

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
“When all hope bleeds out
What remains is doubt
Should have left it all for you
For tomorrow”
😊

That’s awesome we get to see more from her. It sounds awesome with time travel. It sorta has that mech style Guvyer look to it.

ManaByte

Gold Member
Is the director for this also creepily following her around like he just wants to drop the pretense and ask her for sex but dousent have the balls for it, so instead concocted the most bizarre excuse to have her fully captured in 3D with as little clothing as possible.

So it's David Cage?

Kuranghi

if anything is a fake studio that is actually kojimbo, it's this

I watched this earlier, to me it came off as a terrible ripoff of the intros from MGS 4, it wasn't very well written or acted and the editing was bad too. Whether thats all intentional remains to be seen but tbh I'm getting a sincere vibe from it even given what it is.

I get that it could be meant to evoke that stuff and be a fakeout for a bigger reveal but also could just be bad.

Last edited:

Venza

Banned
She just needs to be Quiet.

Maybe she got advice from Alanah Pearce.

Paley Center No GIF by The Paley Center for Media

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
Futuristic mech suit? A leaf our of Kojima's book? Former MGS VA as creative director? (Re)Vengeance in the title?

Metal Gear Rising 2.

Tschumi

Kinda narrow face but that's beside the point

This title is already taken by a Japanese serial killer thriller , boooo

GymWolf

I vaguely remember her last game, genital joosten or something...this one

gioco-steam-genital-jousting-cover.jpg

Last edited:

yurinka

She is so cute, loved her in MGSV. This project seems very interesting, I like the plot and having her on the project. I want to see more.

Top Bottom