• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steins;Gate sequel announced

Gexxy1

On October 25, Mages held a live stream and talk show event for the Science Adventure Series, with most notably Mages President Chiyomaru Shikura revealing a Steins;Gate sequel. The event also featured three seiyuu: Asami Imai (Kurisu Makise), Mamoru Miyano (Rintarou Okabe), and Tomokazu Seki (Itaru Hashida).

This new Science Adventure Project will be titled Steins; something, the full title will be revealed at a later date. Chiyomaru Shikura revealed the first title for the game he thought up was Steins;God, but decided to drop it, because it’d feel redundant since he uses the words god/kami so much.

Chiyomaru Shikura explained: “Steins;Gate is complete with the original game and Steins;Gate Zero. If we make more, it’ll definitely be redundant. But see how Amadeus Kurisu appears in Anonymous;Code? It’s linked to Steins;Gate in various ways. In the past, we released Chaos;Head, and thanks to everyone’s support, a brand new follow-up titled Chaos;Child. And players evaluated higher the scenario of Chaos;Child compared to Steins;Gate.Steins;Gate sold much more. But it always keep bothering me in my head. So I want to do a Steins;something something. It’s fine to think of it as a sequel to Steins;Gate. But it’s not a Fandisc.”

Asami Imai brought up how Chaos:Child features different characters than Chaos:Head. Chiyomaru Shikura first joked around like he was telling us an urban legend and how it’s up to us to decide if it’s true or not, if the same characters will appear or not. But then he confirmed he already thought up the plot, and that the three seiyuu present will have their characters in the sequel: Asami Imai (Kurisu Makise), Mamoru Miyano (Rintarou Okabe), and Tomokazu Seki (Itaru Hashida/Daru). He also explained he needs a character like Kurisu in this new game because geniuses like her and her knowledge are needed for the game’s scenario to exist.

Chiyomaru Shikura stressed out since the game will be different, it won’t be Steins;Gate, but it’ll still be Steins:something, and you’ll like it if you liked Steins;Gate.

Lastly, Chiyomaru Shikura said it’s a different team working on the Steins Gate sequel than on Anonymous;Code and the newly revealed Steins;Gate Zero Elite, though he’s supervising everything. So the game should properly release once they’re done with these other two games. No platforms of release date estimate for the Steins;Gate sequel were announced for now.

For those unfamiliar, the original Steins;Gate released in 2009 and later came to pc and consoles. In essence, it is a science fiction time-travel story. One of the highest rated and selling visual novels of all time, the popularity of it led to an equally well-received and highly rated anime adaptation in 2011. Eventually this popularity led to more stories from that world, such as Steins;Gate 0, Linear Bounded Phenogram, Steins;Gate Elite, etc.

It is one of the greatest time travel stories ever told. I highly recommend giving it a shot if you like science fiction.

And I hope this sequel is better than Steins;Gate 0. That was good overall, but still vastly inferior to the original.

Last edited:

Banned
slight correction, it was released on Xbox 360 in 2009, the PC port only came out a year or so later in 2010.
other systems followed in 2013
many of their games were timed 360 exclusives because the team are/were massive Microsoft fanboys apparently, which is weird af lol

@topic: weird, I'm really wondering what it will be about if it's not really connected directly?

Last edited:

YukiOnna

Tired of how much Chiyomaru has milked Steins. It doesn't matter if it's a spiritual sequel like the Chaos; series, they've done more than enough in this unlike the latter and Robotic;Notes exists in that regard. 0 was already pushing it and then we have those Elite versions.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Plot wise they were both terrible just because of time travel shenanigans. What saved the series for me was the cast and how natural the conversations felt compared to other VN's.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
This doesn't need to exist, but ok. I'll give it a shot. I liked 0, but it was definitely a step back from the original.

Top Bottom