• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Stephen Totilo] Division Heartland Cancelled

Topher

Gold Member

Marlon Brando Movie GIF

Bluecondor

This is crushing. I have wanted a new Division, hoping it would have survival from Division I, but with randomized loot locations this time. I would play it constantly. Almost every day, I go on my phone at some point during the day and Google "Division Heartland" It was to the point that as soon as I typed the letter "D" Google would auto-complete it with "Division Heartland". :messenger_crying:

Dr.D00p

I want Division 3, for $6

Exactly what I paid for Division 2 (inc the DLC) and another 200hrs of gameplay, thank you very much.

Mikado

From Atmospheric PvE Cover Shooter in Detailed Urban Environments?
to
Mediocre-looking PvP Tarkov clone (minus literally everything that people like about Tarkov) in a cornfield

D3 will ofc never happen but maybe that's for the best too.

Meicyn

Gold Member
They should grab the assets built for the product and use it for DLC for Division 2. Repurpose elements and make some PvE missions.

Saber

"Didn't resonate with the players"

Story of your life. Thats most of garbage current trend games nowadays. They are not made for players.

Last edited:

BuddyLaDouche

Neo Member
I know The Division games hype dried up long ago in terms of mass appeal, but man do I love them. I've been waiting for this for years in lieu of any news about a Division 3. I can't believe they they've been running closed beta's for 2+ years and weren't able to get the game to place that it was at least worth releasing. Fuck Ubisoft. An already bleak horizon in terms of known projects, just gets a little bleaker.

Meicyn

Gold Member
I know The Division games hype dried up long ago in terms of mass appeal, but man do I love them. I've been waiting for this for years in lieu of any news about a Division 3. I can't believe they they've been running closed beta's for 2+ years and weren't able to get the game to place that it was at least worth releasing. Fuck Ubisoft. An already bleak horizon in terms of known projects, just gets a little bleaker.
Yep, I still actively play Div2 and was interested in seeing what changes they made to Heartland since the last bit of feedback Red Storm received during the last test. They apparently had done a large overhaul. Guess we’ll never know.

Moving them to aid with Rainbow Six and Xdefiant is a bizarre choice. Why wouldn’t they utilize them to get the ball moving for Division 3? I know Massive is the lead studio, but Red Storm provided key support for the first two games, particularly for PvP related stuff i.e. the Dark Zone which did the extraction thing before Tarkov ever showed up. They undoubtedly would do a Dark Zone again since it’s an integral component for The Division, so why wouldn’t they use Red Storm for that?

Such a waste,

Top Bottom