• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Still undecided

I don't know what to get, Japanese Famicom version looks slick

B0001D0A2E.09.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

buttttttttt There's this too, which looks slick as well

B00023JJUW.01.MZZZZZZZ.jpg

Decisions decisions.

Which one would you go for if you had to choose?

BuddyC

Hmm...

Both are sexy. I like the NES SP - a lot. But the Famicom would have that "no one else has it" vibe going for it.

...but...

NES SP "Decal" Ridges > Famicom

Dyne

I'd get the Famicom SP for the sake of conversation. I mean, NES SPs are going to be very popular soon.

Musashi Wins!

FLAWLESS VICTOLY!
Dyne said:
I'd get the Famicom SP for the sake of conversation. I mean, NES SPs are going to be very popular soon.

I work a night a week at a local shop and the NES version sold like mad. We got a shiteload of them to sell. Also, the NES original carts were selling like silly too.

I just wish they had mass-produced the LE version of the Famicom model that actually looked like a Famicom. The wide-release version lacks quite a bit. Still, the box is so rad that it's really tempting, especially considering that I already know about 4 or 5 people who have the NES one.

I'd be tempted to go "Samus Edition" just because it's so bizarre and borderline ugly, honestly. :D

Wha??? what's the difference between the Limited edition Famicom SP and the Regular Famicom SP? I didn't know there were two version.

human5892

Queen of Denmark
huzkee said:
Wha??? what's the difference between the Limited edition Famicom SP and the Regular Famicom SP? I didn't know there were two version.
I believe the regular edition has the Famicom design elements put on with a cheap sticker, whereas the LE model is "hand-crafted" or something like that.

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
actually the LE has the "cheap sticker" while the retail version altogether lacks the famicom design elements.

nostalgia aside, i think the nes sp is really ugly. honestly i don't see the point of the domestic nes classics series at all: the japanese versions at least have beautiful packaging and consequent collection appeal...the us versions are unmitigated ripoffs.

human5892

Queen of Denmark
drohne said:
actually the LE has the "cheap sticker" while the retail version altogether lacks the famicom design elements.

nostalgia aside, i think the nes sp is really ugly. honestly i don't see the point of the domestic nes classics series at all: the japanese versions at least have beautiful packaging and consequent collection appeal...the us versions are unmitigated ripoffs.
I like the NES SP, but I'm with you on the packaging and collecting appeal -- NOA really fumbled the ball on that one.

Also, I think you're right about the LE vs. normal Famicom SP -- thanks for the correction.

Top Bottom