• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Stock-Age: Stocks, Options and Dividends oh my!

Biggest IPO of the year is occurring very soon, word is it's this september, likely sept 14, if I'm not mistaken.

It's the ARM IPO
Oh wow. I've never bought in on an IPO. Are these typically one of those things that "blows up", in either a good (prices skyrocket) or bad (prices plummet) because the market doesn't always nail the price upon IPO?

Fools idol

Banned
GameStop?
I'm guessing Vinfast lol.

My friend put 75^% of his portfolio in a few weeks ago and was up huge. Added to the position at the top and woke up next day to -70% loss. Why you never fuck with options. His wife doesnt know yet, but hes gambled their life savings and lost half of it.

sono

Oh wow. I've never bought in on an IPO. Are these typically one of those things that "blows up", in either a good (prices skyrocket) or bad (prices plummet) because the market doesn't always nail the price upon IPO?
Yes

I think this will be one to fall after IPO but beware of my poor trading experience so will probably make millions

Hey ppl any thoughts on ARMs listing soon?

"But the company is reportedly looking for a valuation of between $60bn (£47bn) to $70bn"
some say it's still over valued at expected ipo price. But heard they moving to a subscription based model so prospects of increasing profits in future. There's still the ai hype bubble so it could go up based on that too

Go_Ly_Dow

some say it's still over valued at expected ipo price. But heard they moving to a subscription based model so prospects of increasing profits in future. There's still the ai hype bubble so it could go up based on that too
Nice. Will sit back and watch I think. With the state of the markets no doubt there'll be lots of profit taking.

Mistake

Maybe it's good I decided not to go with schwab, because somehow they already sold my phone number and I'm getting stuff like this
ORRrlCc.jpg

For those unaware, Chuck is one of the greatest analysts of all time, seriously under radar.

I have to follow this Chuck fellow. I bought AT&T and Verizon after watching this video because of this post, and it's already paying off. One of the only "smart" investments I've made other than getting lucky buying NVIDIA and AMD before the AI boon. The other stocks I bought around the same time have crapped the bed, but not AT&T and Verizon.

Also, what happened to Fool's Idol?!

Oh, he was banned for LARPing. Well, at least he didn't seem to be LARPing about Chuck

Last edited:

TaroYamada

I think Disney is a solid buy right now, Iger is going to have to start meaningfully fixing a lot of their business. Stock is around 9 year lows.

TaroYamada

Paramount hitting the shitter as losses keep mounting up. Paramount streaming huge losses. The stock hit $60-65 many times the past 10 years, most recently in Feb 2021.

It's now at $12 and an analyst just downgraded it to $9.

Obvious acquisition target. Too small of a player anymore vs. the major conglomerates. 8 billion market cap is an easy buy for this back catalog tbh, I'll be shocked if somebody like Apple or Netflix doesn't make a play.

HoodWinked

absolute monster day for small caps, inflation numbers were lower than expected which means higher likelihood of rates lowering sooner.

uofAAID.png

Last edited:
Looking to buy some of this stock once my transfer goes through:

Chuck was right about AT&T and Verizon a few months back, so I plan to listen to his analysis in this case, too.

dave_d

NVDA close to 2T, where do we go from here? lol
No idea. It's amazing to think if you invested in NVidia back in 2019 (when I should have since I saw companies using machine vision on NVidia hardware) you would have increased your money 10 fold.(And we're probably still at the start of this stuff.)

dem

Boring old Manulife finally popped today. Up 7% this morning.

Bought it during the covid crash. Up big and collecting them juicy dividends.

Brk.b finally getting up over 400.

Laugh Plotting GIF by Big Brother

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Boring old Manulife finally popped today. Up 7% this morning.

Bought it during the covid crash. Up big and collecting them juicy dividends.

Brk.b finally getting up over 400.

Laugh Plotting GIF by Big Brother
I had Manulife at about $24 CDN years ago and bailed as it did nothing. Cant believe a stodgy stock like that is suddenly $32! Missed it.

I was thinking about plunking a shit ton of money into BCE. Its down to $50 CDN. I just dont know if it'll keep slowly trending down. If it can hold at $50 any pay a 7% yield I'll be happy for safety. Just dont know if it'll trend to $40 and I'm stuck with a dead dividend payer.

Pigenator

Either Nvidia crashes hard or it passes Microsoft as the world's biggest company. wtf is going on with their run? Seriously insane.

Top Bottom