• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Stock-Age: Stocks, Options and Dividends oh my!

hollams

Gold Member
Not sure exactly what happened to Nvidia this week, but it nosedived. I'm still up quite a bit but a little nervous about next week and the stock split.

zeorhymer

Not sure exactly what happened to Nvidia this week, but it nosedived. I'm still up quite a bit but a little nervous about next week and the stock split.
No supply is no revenue. That's what the analysts are thinking. Stock splits usually do well after a while.

Got a lot of growth stocks on my watchlist that dropped significantly in the last few weeks. Some of them are approaching the March/May lows and I'm hesitant to jump in since I don't know what's causing it. I'm seeing panic from the delta variant pop up a lot as the reason but I'm not sure I'm buying it.

Last edited:

HoodWinked

it's fucked.

5AAZH0u.png

Last edited:
UK Stocks tanked too this week due to Inflation and Covid Fears of the spread.

Sold my BritVic and QinetiQ as felt they were overvalued now and put it into my EPD position. (for that lovely 7% Capital Distribution)

Australian stocks took a little nosedive on the lockdown events, was a good time to top up, already bouncing back. I topped up 2 and already got boosts.

AppleBlade

I still think some of you are just stressing yourselves out jumping in and out. I've been fully invested since I started in 2009 and have never pulled out. I've seen so many mini-panics since then and have always stayed the course. This week was another exercise in that. Eventually we will hit a real long term down turn. I can't imagine jumping out then but I'm interested to see the state of my emotions. (BTW, I'm 100% Index stock funds and I'm 38 years old.).

Last edited:

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
I still think some of you are just stressing yourselves out jumping in and out. I've been fully invested since I started in 2009 and have never pulled out. I've seen so many mini-panics since then and have always stayed the course. This week was another exercise in that. Eventually we will hit a real long term down turn. I can't imagine jumping out then but I'm interested to see the state of my emotions. (BTW, I'm 100% Index stock funds and I'm 38 years old.).
I agree with this sentiment. There are clearly people who know when to sell, but most of us don’t.

I just hold and sleep easy. Buying on a schedule and perhaps buying a bit extra during good opportunities (when everybody else is panicking) has been my key strategy and it does well. I also don’t plan to cash out for at least a decade so that helps.

Last edited:

dem

Thinking about Intel..

Baba is very tempting at this price. China is just impossible to read. I know earlier this year Charlie Munger was pretty much praising the Chinese government for enforcing regulations and clamping down on BABA though. :messenger_mr_smith_who_are_you_going_to_call:

Last edited:

godhandiscen

And still down 3% after hours.

Google doing great though (don't have any sadly)

Google benefits massively from the extended pandemic; people are changing their habits to spend more time online. This cultural habit change has a strong positive correlation with digital advertising sales. The data paints a dark fucking future, but if you’d rather be rich than poor in this future, buy Google shares or fractional shares without any objection.

reksveks

Google benefits massively from the extended pandemic; people are changing their habits to spend more time online. This cultural habit change has a strong positive correlation with digital advertising sales. The data paints a dark fucking future, but if you’d rather be rich than poor in this future, buy Google shares or fractional shares without any objection.
Yeah, that youtube ad revenue increase was crazy almost doubled and Google search more than doubled. I have issues with the stock, cause the ads business seems like the strong case for anti-trust regulators.

godhandiscen

Yeah, that youtube ad revenue increase was crazy almost doubled and Google search more than doubled. I have issues with the stock, cause the ads business seems like the strong case for anti-trust regulators.
Antitrust regulation will only make any investment now more valuable. If the regulators have their way, they will probably split the front facing products, Search + Youtube away from their Ad Exchange. Each company could stand on their own and still be the king of the space.

Right now I am resenting I didn’t see this sooner, specially considering I work in the space. I let my political views prevent me from buying more when the stock was below $2k. :/

Ellery

Antitrust regulation will only make any investment now more valuable. If the regulators have their way, they will probably split the front facing products, Search + Youtube away from their Ad Exchange. Each company could stand on their own and still be the king of the space.

Right now I am resenting I didn’t see this sooner, specially considering I work in the space. I let my political views prevent me from buying more when the stock was below $2k. :/

Don't beat yourself up over the past. Hindsight is 20/20 and we all would be bitcoin billionaires.

Maybe there are other things to realize right now that you could see your future self think "I wish I bought that in July 2021 it was so easy to spot!" ?

reksveks

Also in the industry, but I only have enough spare money to invest and hope for the AWS split. I live to see youtube available as a new exchange in other platforms but it probably won't happen even if they get forced to split up.

Last edited:

godhandiscen

Don't beat yourself up over the past. Hindsight is 20/20 and we all would be bitcoin billionaires.

Maybe there are other things to realize right now that you could see your future self think "I wish I bought that in July 2021 it was so easy to spot!" ?

Oh yeah of course. Also, I am happy I bought some Google weeks ago. I guess I was just being expressing myself in a greedy manner. And you are right, the big pots of the future are the hidden opportunities of today.

Top Bottom