• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Stock-Age: Stocks, Options and Dividends oh my!

Fools idol

Banned
honestly didnt expect Cloudflare to bounce so violently back up today. More upside ahead ? it bounced off the short term trend line set a week or so ago, really thought it would break down after the relentless buying.

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
honestly didnt expect Cloudflare to bounce so violently back up today. More upside ahead ? it bounced off the short term trend line set a week or so ago, really thought it would break down after the relentless buying.
I think it is retail taking notice and carrying Cloudflare now. They saw the dip and figured it was a good opportunity. Notice it peaked on the 18th, which is right after most people get their second check for the month settled in their bank accounts and transferred to their trading accounts.

I am switching jobs, and between now and then I will be taking a long vacation, so I won't be able to play during the next month or so, but it doesn't really really matter since I adopted all of my positions during the summer. Right now I am just seeing my portfolio hit ATH on cruise mode every other day. Today is crypto that is printing.

Last edited:

zeorhymer

I bought some ATT. I don't see the drastic dip justified. I know they're 50% in debt, but they have a lot of assets to chop off the block if they really wanted to.

godhandiscen

Tesla had a record quarter, but I think the after hours is dipping because of these news:

3RAknXU.jpg

This admin just doesn't like Elon. They also previously excluded Tesla from an electric vehicle consortium at the White House on the basis Tesla didn't have unionized workers, which is kind of bullshit since the companies they invited, GM, Ford, etc actively work against the unions.

HoodWinked

Son of a bitch...
I was keeping an eye on PINS...

I think they are begging to be bought out. And someone is going to pay 75+ for them.

MS was rumored to offer 51 billion for them

Paypal is also in late talks for $45 bil, it caused their stock to tank 6% but recovered some to down now 5%. Thinking about buying.

zeorhymer

Tesla had a record quarter, but I think the after hours is dipping because of these news:

This admin just doesn't like Elon. They also previously excluded Tesla from an electric vehicle consortium at the White House on the basis Tesla didn't have unionized workers, which is kind of bullshit since the companies they invited, GM, Ford, etc actively work against the unions.
Nothing to see here. Remember Amazon raising a stink cause they weren't selected as the go-to space operator for NASA. It's just par for the course.

3RAknXU.jpg

It's dipping because it literally ran back up almost to the previous ATH before earnings. It's classic buy the rumor, sell the news.

There will be a dip of some sort tomorrow, and possibly Friday. Then at some point Wall Street will decide they've made enough on the way down and will resume buying on the way up. This is also what always happens every Apple earnings too.

godhandiscen

This DWAC thing is hilarious. I didn't even know it existed. I just know it will get meme'd to hell if it is associated with Trump.

I had another $200+ day today. I'm finally in the green on TDACW, I was negative $800+ on this one a few months ago but my patience bore fruit. DIDI was also up. Two great back to back days!

Fools idol

Banned
heh little story not to fuck with options.

My buddy from an old work place 10 years ago who did quite well after an accident injury settlement used the payout to retire and basically become a full time trader.

All was well until last week where he placed 75% of his entire portfolio on a SNAP call that is going to expire worthless at 9:00 AM this morning. He's already preparing his resume to return to employee life. I feel so bad for him but well deserved, never gamble the farm.

dem

Intel is clinging to that 50...
I've been looking at intel for months now. Definitely seems undervalued, the problem is the turnaround time.

Really want back in on FB. Not sure I want to gamble before earnings, though.

Last edited:

godhandiscen

Any of you gamblers above buy DWAC? Up $80 now to $130.
There are threads in 4chan pumping. I cannot believe this shit is real. If this does end up being a social network with an audience that’s strong among conservatives then it is still undervalued at current share price.

I have made $3k so far on it.

godhandiscen

Just cause its related to the dwac price surge
Bullish. The longer this thing stays on the news the more exposure the ticker gets. Often even generating a negative sentiment is good.

The one thing that concerns me is if the deal doesn’t go through. At that point the bubble will pop. I need to figure out what signs to look out for before that event.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
DWAC at $90, PHUN at $9. Cut in half from the highs, but often these crazy stocks rebound a bit. There may be money still to be had. Just got to get out.

I might even take a dumb dip on PHUN on Monday and if it bounces back to $15 I'm out.

I'm not touching these stocks today though.

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
There are threads in 4chan pumping. I cannot believe this shit is real. If this does end up being a social network with an audience that’s strong among conservatives then it is still undervalued at current share price.

I have made $3k so far on it.
Good luck. You got some balls of steel. Hope you make some cash.

Down -2% today. Has been a great 9 day run though since CDN thanksgiving. I think in the two weeks I'm up a net +6% even after today's bad one.

Last edited:

Fools idol

Banned
Bullish. The longer this thing stays on the news the more exposure the ticker gets. Often even generating a negative sentiment is good.

The one thing that concerns me is if the deal doesn’t go through. At that point the bubble will pop. I need to figure out what signs to look out for before that event.
indeed, it's fine to ride the wave up. Just remember the golden rule - once everyone and their gran is buying and pumping you are selling and GTFO'ing before everyone else.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Intel a touch below $50. It almost broke $49 flat.

I'm in if it treads down to $45. It'll have a 2.8% yield by end of day. It it hits $45, that'll be a 3% yield. Not bad for a tech stock.

Fools idol

Banned
I think tesla is going to test the upper residtance trend line ($1k or so) before we get a significant pullback. Many shorts that followed michael scammer burry are still trapped and marketing like crazy to get the price down, they will give up soon and squeeze us up.

Top Bottom